Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Well...

The capture formula is War AND Int. In equal parts.

So, I'm not too sure I see where tactician and advisor types are greatly disadvantaged either...=(
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

You should be reading a little more into what I was saying. I was getting at since the support layer is usually not in direct combat that it should have an easier chance of the escaping than melee layer who's on the front lines.

To my understanding, the support layer is like the rear guard protecting the supply lines. So if the Melee layer crumbles the support layer has enough time or should I say a little more time than the melee layer to flee the battle. I'm just looking at it from a somewhat logical standpoint.
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I'm unsure about how I feel about what Shadow said, but there is an aspect of battle where I think there should be a difference in retreat formula. When the melee layer is destroyed, the battle is over. However, if the support layer also isn't destroyed, I think they should have the normal escape formula instead of the routed escape formula. Since they still have some sort of army, I think their escape should be easier. As far as direct combat goes, I don't really know about that, if only because the formula was originally created on stats that wouldn't prejudice against the tactician or the duelist. In most other sims, tactician-types are royally screwed if they try to retreat because the formula is normally based on Might-type stats alone.

Edit: I think I actually mostly agree with Shadow, as I reread what he said. Just that, in a normal retreat for both, or a normal rout for both, it should stay the same.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
areon
Captain

Post by areon »

RuffRydeR wrote:Gold may LOOK like it never loses value, but the longer the game goes, the more of it starts floating around, just like any real economy. Same with items.

Inflation makes the gold amount you get not as useful midgame as it is early game, since more people have more cash. I know the market itself doesn't change value, but what about hiring mercenary bands or paying for crafted items or whatever? =3

It's not obvious, but gold does lose value and effect on the game, the longer it goes.

Actually, a guy taking a city 12 months in would be suicidal for said guy unless they also got like 10 OOC buddies to join with a personal army 4 EACH.

Never said anything about the guy actually having many troops to start with, really. It just makes them expansion target Alpha. =P
Seeing as how wealth can't be transferred to a kingdom this is kind of mute. But actually the longer a kingdom is around the harder a time they have to find gold. Not because its' value goes down but because the number of ways to spend money greatly outnumbers collecting it. With the majority of the emphasis in KTs being aquiring armies to wage war and not developing provinces, it becomes more and more difficult to expand. It may look like the situation is tougher in the beginning. However the more PCs and armies that are around will require cities to support; which means you have to conquer more cities and the cycle continues until you are defeated or own everything.

Basically wealth right now is just an alternative way to aquire items and doesn't need to be increased. Not even GMNPCs are fully equipped in all their slots. So it's alright for people to not have every item spot filled.
Pei Jia

If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born. We are the chick; the egg is the world. If the world's shell does not break, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

Yeah, you have to understand that this isn't WotD or SimRTK. Huge amounts of money aren't just rolling around. I played through the entire version of last game, and never made enough gold to match someone who started with Wealth III or Wealth IV. Salaries and income are much lower, so the inflation that happens there really doesn't happen here since all the gold made by kingdoms is spent on arnaments and troops rather than buying items for officers.
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

Dao Xia wrote:Yeah, you have to understand that this isn't WotD or SimRTK. Huge amounts of money aren't just rolling around. I played through the entire version of last game, and never made enough gold to match someone who started with Wealth III or Wealth IV. Salaries and income are much lower, so the inflation that happens there really doesn't happen here since all the gold made by kingdoms is spent on arnaments and troops rather than buying items for officers.
Really? If I didn't blow 250 on a book, I'd be at 1001, just from governing a town (still counting Magistrate costs, though). But since my character is more of a prefect build, I imagine I won't have the good fortune to govern my town every turn for the duration of the game. I'll probably land a city and have a 75g/month salary for the duration of the game. :(

I suppose it, properly, filters down to whether you want responsibility or wealth. It's pretty hard to have both in Warlords.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
Deng Wei
Officer

Post by Deng Wei »

I have a suggestion, but note that I do not think that it is a good suggestion. Since I have no idea how the staff works around here, I'm just throwing up this idea. Feel free to throw it out.

The thing is, I heard a staff or ex-staff member make a comment that the most unpleasant thing about being staff on warlords is the processing of PTs. This got me thinking: surely one of the reasons why it is so tedious is because so many have to be done in such a short time.

Hence, couldn't we have two rounds of PT collections? Once the first round is over, staff can work on those PTs at a more leisurely pace. And to encourage people to give up their right to edit their PT at the very end, why not give a small bonus to those who submit their PT in the first round. Perhaps, a 10% bonus? So a patrol would be 55% successful, and you get 22 gold instead of 20 gold for hunting?

Like I said, just a suggestion. :wink:
Deng Wei, styled Zi Jie, 邓伟字子杰 (25) Male
75-22-83-90-22
Civil Administrator II, Entrench II, Military Administrator II, Cover II, Politician I, Trainer I
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Deng Wei wrote:I have a suggestion, but note that I do not think that it is a good suggestion. Since I have no idea how the staff works around here, I'm just throwing up this idea. Feel free to throw it out.

The thing is, I heard a staff or ex-staff member make a comment that the most unpleasant thing about being staff on warlords is the processing of PTs. This got me thinking: surely one of the reasons why it is so tedious is because so many have to be done in such a short time.

Hence, couldn't we have two rounds of PT collections? Once the first round is over, staff can work on those PTs at a more leisurely pace. And to encourage people to give up their right to edit their PT at the very end, why not give a small bonus to those who submit their PT in the first round. Perhaps, a 10% bonus? So a patrol would be 55% successful, and you get 22 gold instead of 20 gold for hunting?

Like I said, just a suggestion. :wink:
PTs are easy. And pretty fast. I can do 4 pages in about 1 hour. The turns would generally get changed about 12 hours faster than they currently do, but the hold up is usually that an admin isn't online at the same time the PTs get finished.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

In Ferro Veritas wrote:
Dao Xia wrote:Yeah, you have to understand that this isn't WotD or SimRTK. Huge amounts of money aren't just rolling around. I played through the entire version of last game, and never made enough gold to match someone who started with Wealth III or Wealth IV. Salaries and income are much lower, so the inflation that happens there really doesn't happen here since all the gold made by kingdoms is spent on arnaments and troops rather than buying items for officers.
Really? If I didn't blow 250 on a book, I'd be at 1001, just from governing a town (still counting Magistrate costs, though). But since my character is more of a prefect build, I imagine I won't have the good fortune to govern my town every turn for the duration of the game. I'll probably land a city and have a 75g/month salary for the duration of the game. :(

I suppose it, properly, filters down to whether you want responsibility or wealth. It's pretty hard to have both in Warlords.
I think that's one difference between this game and last. There are more "free" towns and villages floating around in this version, and I have to attribute that to our new ruling system. Last game, rulers were defined at the very beginning (like all others of this type of sim) and so there was a more dedicated drive to recruit town/village leaders, or force them into the fold. This time around, non-rulers will have a more solid chance to control their towns/villages and gain some income. I kinda like it myself. Of course, that could change in a turn or two.
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Yinzi
Officer

Post by Yinzi »

[2cents]I think the ruling system here on Warlords is super-cool. It allows more people the opportunity to become rulers (or, rather, to TRY to become rulers), and it avoids accusations of staff favoritism since the rulers aren't hand-picked from the beginning of the game. It's also just different, which is usually a good thing, in my humble opinion.

And the fact that the turns have changed in about a week (give or take a few days) has been a very, very welcome change to SimRTK. Not that I don't love SimRTK, too! It's just..well, this place is about to finish its fifth full turn (I'm guessing toward the middle or end of this week), and SimRTK has finished one in the same time period (I'm not gonna be too optimistic this morning and say they'll get through the current round, too, but they might).

I've gotta say, I've had tons of fun on here (even when the dice gods rolled against me in the beginning)! Thanks for providing such an awesome gaming/role-playing environment![/2cents]

Hope I put this in the right place....
Jin Yinzi (16)
90/31*/23/71/87
Artisan I, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat I, Military Administrator III, Politician II, Public Planner II
Magistrate of Xuandi town, Yin province