Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak nodded his understanding.

"Yes, I have heard of them, hopefully their interests remain far from the north. Times are changing, more and more warlords are establishing control over regions and I believe as many others do that full scale wars will soon erupt. So as the good business man that you are, what did you have in mind?"

The Prefect had always had an open mind about Kuai Wei, he was not so naive as to believe the outside manner in which the former mercenary acted, but he had appreciated when he had stepped in as a mediator between himself and his exiled rival.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

Wei smiled, answering the man he knew could aid him at the very least. "Well, I did come here to check up on you and make sure your head is still on your shoulders, but it appears mine may be in danger." Kuai chuckled, then began to explain his current situation, "Business, yes... Well, as you may have guessed, I've made quite a few enemies as I've attempted to climb the ranks and establish power, but I've not the military strength right now to defend myself and so I propose that I pay tribute in exchange for protection over my town and villages. What say you, lord Fei Lak? I would be willing to personally deliver to you fourty taels every month. Certainly that sounds reasonable."
Xiong Shou
68-98*-29-63-66 / Assemble II, Charge II, Instructor II, Jianshu II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak winced at the request.

"Ooh, well my influence or power has yet to spread in Jibei. Tell me of these enemies? I do owe you Wei, but don't abuse that debt, tell me of your plan. I certainly would not do this for the gold, walk me through how you see this happening."

It was no secret that the Coalition was ambitious, but they were also known for good decision making, Lak would listen and see how much he could do, he owed Wei at least that much.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

"I would not abuse this 'debt', but I would ask of you to merely lend me the support in the case of an invasion of my town or villages. I've made enemies only in the Jibei province, but they're still a threat, namely Ye Zhi, former magistrate of the town I've just occupied."
Xiong Shou
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

"I have no problem with providing the support, though I doubt my armies can arrive on time, perhaps we can get there mid battle." he said pensively. "Is the Lady Lu Ying involved in any of this? I believe she just sent a force to subdue one of the cities there, though I'm basing that on rumors and heresay more than anything. Tell me what you expect, amount of men, a visit from one of my men to perhaps try and smooth things over?"
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

"Lu Ying?" Kuai repeated, unsure of whether Fei had heard of the woman's arrival or of a rumor. "While it's true she's taken a city, I know not of any coordination between the two, although I have talked to Wu Chen king of Zhao and he's said that Lu Ying would only seek to make me submit to her will, not kill me. Of course, anything's possible. Ye Zhi is but a small warlord, so I expect a few thousand troops to march on my town. If it's possible, I'd like for some diplomacy."
Xiong Shou
Sima Cao
New Recruit

Post by Sima Cao »

What you can see is what I have... I get through the regular protocol, the guard then bring me to the Prefect OOC:if it is ok with you...

I am Sima Cao, I was in charge of the civil development in Yan before all the conflict began betwen you and the other Lord/Mercenary, I then decide to get out of the conflict until everything get solved. As I can see you manage to unite the land under the same banner after many months of war. Your sincerety in many matter of state have reach my ears and I have come here to ask you if you have the intention of using Yan as a platform to move your power to another province and abandon Yan to mercenary again or are you here to stay and built?
Sima Cao
Taels of gold: 58
Command: 64
Might: 23
Intellect: 94*
Judgement: 89*
Charm: 34

Confuse II, Public Planner II, Civil administrator III, Engineer II, Scribe III
*Book of Rites +4int (90+4),Sima Cao Essay on Civil Administration (Book +4 Jud)
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Kuai Wei wrote:"Lu Ying?" Kuai repeated, unsure of whether Fei had heard of the woman's arrival or of a rumor. "While it's true she's taken a city, I know not of any coordination between the two, although I have talked to Wu Chen king of Zhao and he's said that Lu Ying would only seek to make me submit to her will, not kill me. Of course, anything's possible. Ye Zhi is but a small warlord, so I expect a few thousand troops to march on my town. If it's possible, I'd like for some diplomacy."
"She's my only concern in Jibei, if she is not involved, you can count on our support. In the meantime, let me see if I can reach out to this nemesis of yours. Is there anyone else wanting your head? I'll have to wait on the results Jing brings from Ji to tell you how much troops we can spare."
Sima Cao wrote:What you can see is what I have... I get through the regular protocol, the guard then bring me to the Prefect OOC:if it is ok with you...

I am Sima Cao, I was in charge of the civil development in Yan before all the conflict began betwen you and the other Lord/Mercenary, I then decide to get out of the conflict until everything get solved. As I can see you manage to unite the land under the same banner after many months of war. Your sincerety in many matter of state have reach my ears and I have come here to ask you if you have the intention of using Yan as a platform to move your power to another province and abandon Yan to mercenary again or are you here to stay and built?
Lak shrugged.

"It is no secret our ambitions are great for the Coalition, but Yan is actually my home and we will build the foundation for our kingdom here. I could use a man of your talents, I have seeked far and wide, while you stayed right under my nose."
Sima Cao
New Recruit

Post by Sima Cao »

If you wish to built a foundation in Yan I will be please to put my talent in good used. If I may ask, Prefect Fei Lak, I would like to be given the rank of Master of Purification until you find someone that surpass my talent. I have a small fortune of 500 taels of golds that I am willing to used/loan (OOC: I dont know if I can loan money to a kingdom?) as long that it is entirely used for the civil development. I will not disappoint you my Lord!!! I will be your humble servant.

Sima Cao bow to the Prefect waiting for is answer.
Sima Cao
Taels of gold: 58
Command: 64
Might: 23
Intellect: 94*
Judgement: 89*
Charm: 34

Confuse II, Public Planner II, Civil administrator III, Engineer II, Scribe III
*Book of Rites +4int (90+4),Sima Cao Essay on Civil Administration (Book +4 Jud)
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Sima Cao wrote:If you wish to built a foundation in Yan I will be please to put my talent in good used. If I may ask, Prefect Fei Lak, I would like to be given the rank of Master of Purification until you find someone that surpass my talent. I have a small fortune of 500 taels of golds that I am willing to used/loan (OOC: I dont know if I can loan money to a kingdom?) as long that it is entirely used for the civil development. I will not disappoint you my Lord!!! I will be your humble servant.

Sima Cao bow to the Prefect waiting for is answer.
Lak smiled, but shook his head at the man's offer.

"I cannot accept such an offer, you have worked hard for that gold, keep it for your own purposes. That rank has been assigned unfortunately, but perhaps we can work something out that is better for you. Let me get my affairs in order and we can discuss rank and your responsabilities."

OOC: Money of any kind, earned, startup or from BP cannot be given to kingdom. Welcome, post officer info HERE PH access granted