OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Shen Feng
Colonel

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Shen Feng »

Um, if you're that curious, why don't you just look? Ever since I got the army, it's been available for everyone to see.

Out of all the people who've used MI, including Zhang Han and Qing Bu, I was given the largest, best trained army with the most armaments and officers. Judging by what was sent to battle at Qi, I wouldn't be surprised if I have more weaponry Zhefu's entire army. It's really rather nice.
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Oh, okay then. I forgot all about the OM thing. Not too bad, but the problem is that our armies are going to be similar. Except, I'll have more troops, armaments, but less morale. A shame our armies are going to obliterate each other.

The reason I was so commited to Linjiang was because Belial and RuffRydeR already moved there, and then I found out you got an army attacking Linjiang. I probably would've changed course, I didn't already both of them.

I thought up the idea of just having my character declare loyalty to Xiang Yu, as long as Xiang Yu promise to not destroy the south, since protecting the south is how I'm playing my character. Then you can just take Jiujiang.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Jinshi wrote: VP, recruitment, and such
Uggh. Unfortunate. I felt bad about abandoning it, but I was losing free time, and I had a feeling it would turn out like that. Not to mention, the administration mishandling things and not releasing information properly hardly helped any situation in the sim. ever.

Well, it is always nice to join someone you know, but I play fairly strictly ICly, so I need a letter to give me a reason to come to you.

Heck I'd even ignored Voshay's letter because he put an extra vowel in my name.
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Fasho Baipan zi Xinrichu 60-39-42-71-90
Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Followers: Shun Xuan(22) 56-38-70-60-45 skills in OI
Cheng Linpeng(36) 49-64-70-77-75 skills in OI
Yang Jian(17) 50-54-58-76-67 skills in OI
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Bonaparte wrote:I thought up the idea of just having my character declare loyalty to Xiang Yu, as long as Xiang Yu promise to not destroy the south, since protecting the south is how I'm playing my character. Then you can just take Jiujiang.
If you're going to do that, then you'd better hurry. The civil phase will start soon and I need to decide on my movement during it. Xiang Yu would have to reassign me to somewhere else.
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

I'm going to sleep on it. Hopefully, I'll figure out an answer tomorrow.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Don't feel rushed on my behalf. I somehow don't think my army is going to be destroyed as badly as you do, should we clash.

I guess I should ask this, do you really want to become a Chu loyalist? Doesn't that go against everything your character's been doing so far? You've got staunchly anti-Chu PC Jin Sui doing your bidding right now, so you'd alienate him. Your current diplomatic mission to Liu Bang would be erased if suddenly you turned around and pledged loyalty to Xiang Yu. It just seems like a weird reversal to suddenly turn around on everything you've been doing so far. I understand why you'd do it, it's because you don't want to lose your land to me. It just seems odd from an in-character perspective.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Obviously Shen Feng should just attack one of those empty cities in Changsha! That'd fix everything!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

I took those considerations in mind. The problem is that everything is up in the air with everyone who I'm working with. So, there isn't really anything to flesh out my character as pro or anti Chu. I'm putting a focus in my character of more of regional politics rather than national politics. I allied with Jin Sui because of regional politics (external forces invading our hometown sort of thing) rather than anti-chu and pro-chu, and wanted him to join me, but he hasn't committed yet.

I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to start my whole corruption phase I'm going to do with Deng Yue, because corrupting your character with wealth is fun. :D

I might end up being pro Liu Bang, and I prefer it that way, but more importantly I want flesh out my character and actually put depth to him.

As for the empty cites in Changsha, they'll be taken by the civil turn, and boy if you attack there Deng Yue would definitely go all out on Shen Feng.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Shen Feng wrote:Um, if you're that curious, why don't you just look? Ever since I got the army, it's been available for everyone to see.

Out of all the people who've used MI, including Zhang Han and Qing Bu, I was given the largest, best trained army with the most armaments and officers. Judging by what was sent to battle at Qi, I wouldn't be surprised if I have more weaponry Zhefu's entire army. It's really rather nice.

Then I'd be happy to surprise you.

Qi does not bother building crappy spears and leather armor!
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Qi also apparently doesn't care to equip its troops with armaments then? I guess the men you sent to those free cities weren't important enough to give proper equipment to?

What will Tian Rong think? :shock: