Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Purple Tiger
Administrator Emeritus
Location: You'll be sorry you crossed us, Mr. Sparky Writes-Us-Little!

Post by Purple Tiger »

So I've had RTKX since last Thursday. I didn't have any preference as to whom to play, so I took the personality test and got Xu Sheng. Started in 200 AD. It's now 217, and Xu Sheng is prefect of Yong An. Sun Ce is still alive, and the country is more or less split between him in the south and Wei in the north -- though Wei has recently finished a successful campaign in Jing, splitting our territory right in half. Bummer.

As Xu Sheng, I've won every one of my two dozen duels except one, and it was to Huang Gai so I can't feel too bad. Been getting slaughtered in debates, though; haven't won one yet. All told, I've been having fun.

Here's my question, though: When my officer finally dies, assuming China hasn't been unified before then, will I get a posthumous ending anyway? Or is it just a dump back to the main menu like in RTK8?
Xiang Liang (GM NPC), Chief Aide to Huo Jia (88-83-73-76-79 Administrator II, Ambush I, Deceive I, Engineer I, Maneuver II, Planter I, Raid II, Raze I, Scout I, Spy II, Wedge II)
Zhou Qingchen (GM NPC), Ying Huhai's Colonel of Archery (68-86-64-42-72 Challenge II, Marksman II, Raid I)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

When I was playing as Jiang Qin and he died there was a little event showing you complaining with your lasts breaths about how your dreams were never realized yadda, yadda, yadda. You don't really get an ending at all.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Is that what it gives? For crying out loud...

:: grumbles about spending sixteen hours in front of his TV ::

:: goes back to the TV ::
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Alright. After laboring through the whole of this game, here's some things I can tell you.

In RTKX:

If setting all stats to 100 isn't munchkin enough for you, then unlock 30 skills through gameplay. Then beat the game and save your ending. It will make your character creation allow you to choose skills. All 42 if you like.

Winning 40 Duels and/or Debates unlocks more Free Officer Portraits.

Unlocking 10 skills will get you more portraits too.

Unlocking 40 still frames will get you more portraits as well.

Sit through the credits. When you beat the game it unlocks the 9th stage, which is similar to the final fictional stage in 9, where all rulers compete simultaneously regardless of time and age.

Beat that new stage to unlock the secret game setting that you don't know what it is when starting a new game. (Yes, I do know what it is, but I won't spoil it.)

If you need any tips on how to unlock skills, IE, which masters to talk to for each one, PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Still learning about the Cinema Scenes, but I'll post them when I have them.

So far I have 171 of 200 items. When I figure out the other 29, I'll let you know if it does anything special.

Hope that helps some of you all.

~Rick
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

So dude basically I'll we gotta do is beat the game with every skill and once that happenes ya can pick them again like RTK IX?
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
MotB
Officer

Post by MotB »

Anyone here played Tekken 5? I love it!

I thought that I'd absolutely hate Tekken 5 since I didn't take a liking to the other Tekkens after playing way too much Soul Calibur 2, but the graphics, freedom and levels/interactivity of walls etc. impressed me.

I'd love to discuss it with anyone who's played it!
Zhi Zha (44, Female)
60-93*-43-72-71
Skills: Jianshu III, Spy I, Gongshu III, Challenge II, Instructor I
Items: Sword (Might +1)
Gold: 0
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Naraku wrote:So dude basically I'll we gotta do is beat the game with every skill and once that happenes ya can pick them again like RTK IX?
Just 30 more than you start with. If you start with 7 for your character, then you need to end with 37 or more. There's 42 total.

And then yes, you can pick them like in IX.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

/me bows down to Rick for letting him know how to pick skills.

But now I'm torn on whether or not to finish my current ruler game or start one to unlock that.... I've only got about 1/3 of China, but I suppose I should finish what I started. :?
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

Thx man. Now I got a much better reason ta restart. 8-)
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
Skeeter
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Skeeter »

Man, I want to get Star Wars Galaxies for my PC, but I don't know the monthly charges. Can someone help me out on this?
Name Shoe Ran (38)
Gold 500
Command 80
Might 80
Intellect 62
Judgement 73
Charm 60
Fame 100
Skills: Dash, Aid, Sentinel, Coordinated Strike, Rancher, Challenge, Duelist, Confuse