Rui Jiao Jin's Audience Hall - Haozhi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Chen Mi
New Recruit

Post by Chen Mi »

"Let's get to work!" I said as I head to my new duties.
Name: Chen Mi
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Jin Mei wrote:
"Yes, of course, Master Daisuke." She said, smiling. "And a hearty congratulations to you, Master Dai Mu. You proved to be a valuable asset in our invasion on Chencang. Master Daisuke has also spoken wondrous things of you, and your actions prove his words. I'm glad you are working with us. Now, what is it that you would like to ask of me specifically? I would be glad to speak with you of anything... most especially of your place in this kingdom." She bowed graciously, her bright eyes flashing at him.
Dai Mu cast a curious glance at Daisuke. "Invasion?" He said with a furrowed brow. He then smiled as he was congratulated. "No task is too difficult for me, though..." He said, trailing off as his mind did the same. "It is the work that I ask of." As he spoke he cleared his throat and approached the lady, within a respectful distance, albeit away from his introducer. "I shall be most honest. Your servant, Daisuke, seemed questionable. Most of what he said sounded quite philosophical and... foreign. A fine man I'm sure, but regardless. I said to him, three months. Give me time to see his philosophy and such." Here he stroked his chin, but continued dutifully. "But after the politics and my acquisition of Chencang, that time has been interrupted. I am bound by honor to surely complete than tenure, but I would first ask... How does a maiden such as yourself acquire all this by your lonesome?" He asked, cracking a smile as he motioned about the room.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
Jin Mei
Officer

Post by Jin Mei »

"I did not accomplish this alone, but through the efforts of men such as Daisuke Aramaki, for without his help and those like him, I would not have this kingdom today. His 'foreign' perspective is what the people of China needs. One can not propose to bring about change in China if one does not have a better alternative to offer over the old system. I inspire the will to change China for the better, my colleague Daisuke Aramaki and my mentor Lao Wang Zi provides the way." She said, nodding. Her eyes seemed to widen a bit, but she continued to look forward, drinking a little of the tea at her side. "It is with the tacit consent of brillant and able generals, strategist, administrators, and warriors- men like you, and Daisuke, that any ruler leads. The ruler provides vision and purpose and the resources, the officer provides the ability and insight to accomplish. Any good ruler must remember that. Daisuke is gifted in providing for the people's betterment, and has asked of nothing in return. A stalwart gentleman, is he. I do hope you consider him a good ruler, and by extension, myself- so that we can work together to better the lives of Yong and all Chi-" She coughed, and looked up, a little pale. Chinese." She coughed again, and this time, her nearby servants came closer. One, a docter looking fellow, approached and spoke. "Prefect, you must retire. You cannot fight off an illness outside of bed."

She looked at him, and spoke softly. "I'm fine, Doctor. I'm just feeling a little woozy." She stood up, shooing proferred assistance, and looked to Dai Mu. "You may do as you wish, General, but I wish that a man of your calibur was here. I must..." She coughed again.

"Daisuke!" She called out. "Your Majordomo, or whatever you wish to call yourself, now. As long as this sickness takes me, the doctors won't let me do my job." She stumbled, and a collective hissing as breaths were taken in by her courtiers sounded. She stood, and took the proferred hand by her doctor. They walked out with her bent over, coughing.

(Sorry for taking so long to reply :oops: I'm moving back to St. Louis for school and I've been really busy. Daisuke is in charge of the kingdom for me until I can settle down.)
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Dai Mu listened as she spoke, but nominally took note of the praises of him and the mention of Daisuke. As she began coughing Dai Mu stood at attention, looking on with some concern as she was taken away. He look on without a word, but before long he turned to Daisuke.
"Majordomo? That mean prefect in... wherever it was you were from? Jomon, did you call it?"
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Zi You de wrote:Dai Mu listened as she spoke, but nominally took note of the praises of him and the mention of Daisuke. As she began coughing Dai Mu stood at attention, looking on with some concern as she was taken away. He look on without a word, but before long he turned to Daisuke.
"Majordomo? That mean prefect in... wherever it was you were from?

Daisuke Aramaki looked with concern as Prefect Jin's condition deteriorated in front of his eyes. He turned to Dai Mu and said, "Majordomo is a term that refers one who speaks with the master's authority in his absence; a steward or caretaker if you wish. And that shall be my role; I shall run this kingdom in Prefect Jin's name until her return to duty."
Zi You de wrote: Jomon, did you call it?"

Upon hearing this, Aramaki laughed good-naturedly, "Jomon, where did you hear that? Do I look like one of those primitive villagers hunting and fishing in their wilderness areas? No, no...I am one of those whom you might call the Yayoi people. Let me tell you one of little known secrets of the Yayoi. We were descended from Chinese settlers who fled to the islands across the sea after about ninety years ago; at the head of that expedition was Zhi Yun, the last male member of the Zhi family destroyed by the betrayal of Wei and the Han families to our enemies, the Zhao. They had settled those the islands of the rising sun and mixed with the indigenous peoples. My mother was one of the first born of the union between that of the Chinese and the native people, the first daughter of Zhi Yun. Although I can imagine how you could have mistaken me for the Jomon, for both my own father and my grandmother share their blood."

He looked straight into the eyes of Dai Mu as he said, "So what are your plans now, my dear general? The armies of Yong are moving into other provinces as we speak, spreading our message of progress to those who are ignorant of its fruits. Because of our past history together, there is a place for you at the head of one of those armies, if you so wish it?"
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Zhudi wrote: "So what are your plans now, my dear general? The armies of Yong are moving into other provinces as we speak, spreading our message of progress to those who are ignorant of its fruits. Because of our past history together, there is a place for you at the head of one of those armies, if you so wish it?"
Dai Mu looked on as Daisuke explained his family history, but his glance was often turned to where the Prefect was taken away. "I do believe I said three months. Then will be the time for thinking. Until then I will witness the fruits of your words. Whatever you wish, Daisuke, three months." He said with a nod as his focused homed in on the older man.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Zi You de wrote:
Dai Mu looked on as Daisuke explained his family history, but his glance was often turned to where the Prefect was taken away. "I do believe I said three months. Then will be the time for thinking. Until then I will witness the fruits of your words. Whatever you wish, Daisuke, three months." He said with a nod as his focused homed in on the older man.
Daisuke Aramaki nodded. "Three months it is then. Your tour of duty shall start in the month of October and shall end at the very end of December. You shall be paid 50 gold per month."

He reached into his robes and brought out a bag of gold. "This is payment for your services to me during the month of August. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to answer them for you."

50 gold to Dai Mu. Paid for by the Kingdom Treasury: AUG 209

Please post your information in the OI thread. PH access is coming!

Also portraying...
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Dai Mu took the gold and smirked and he looked it over. "I will see about housing up somewhere. Other than that, what would you have me do?" He said, looking back at Daisuke.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Zhudi
Major

Post by Zhudi »

Zi You de wrote:Dai Mu took the gold and smirked and he looked it over. "I will see about housing up somewhere. Other than that, what would you have me do?" He said, looking back at Daisuke.
"Tommorow morning, we shall be departing for Xianyang, the newly acquired capital city of King Fusu. We are to have an audience with him tomorrow discussing the rest of our joint operations in Sai. As one of my proven army commanders, I would like to give you the honor of accompanying me into the King's presence. Be ready, for we leave at sunrise."

He paused for a second before continuing, "But before you leave, General. What do you know of King Fusu? What are your opinions of him?"

Also portraying...
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Zhudi wrote: He paused for a second before continuing, "But before you leave, General. What do you know of King Fusu? What are your opinions of him?"
"Hum..." He shrugged, as his gaze and attention had drifted back to his gold. "Not much. One of two imperial heirs. Nasty succession business, but I can't say too much for sure." He said with a nod as his glance was still about his gold, though in his mind he was rather proud to already play such an important role in the regime.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18