Wu Chen's Audience Hall - Handan

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

The King began to step down from his throne and approached the wall that separated the room, he was concerned in his face, he hoped she did not have some grave news for him. "Yes my lady, what is it that troubles you?"
"When you enter the theater, please walk to the end of the row filling in all available seats. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic"
- Sam the Eagle

Luanti Maodun, Bandit in Changshan
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Ashikaga wrote:The King began to step down from his throne and approached the wall that separated the room, he was concerned in his face, he hoped she did not have some grave news for him. "Yes my lady, what is it that troubles you?"
"My king..." Lu Ying said, as she trailed off.f "This is most inapropriate...." She stuttered "I would like...." She once more choked on her own words... "My king..." she finally said before blurting her words out in one verbal avalanche.

"My King, this is highly irregular, even more so for a vassel to ask...." Lu ying said, now certain that what was coming was coming out."I love you my king, I think." She paused, in a mix of fear and anticipation. "I love you, Wu chen"
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Wu Chen's eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped, his dreams were coming into fruition one after the other. He almost leaped from his robe and over the wall. He had to resist dancing about the room in wild joy. He wasn't sure what to do or say, only to look at her for a few moments. "My lady, that is... WONDERFUL! I hope you have come to accept my offer by my side?"

He was overjoyed and could only hope for the right answer.
"When you enter the theater, please walk to the end of the row filling in all available seats. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic"
- Sam the Eagle

Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Ashikaga wrote:Wu Chen's eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped, his dreams were coming into fruition one after the other. He almost leaped from his robe and over the wall. He had to resist dancing about the room in wild joy. He wasn't sure what to do or say, only to look at her for a few moments. "My lady, that is... WONDERFUL! I hope you have come to accept my offer by my side?"

He was overjoyed and could only hope for the right answer.
"My lord!" Lu Ying said, in a comforting tone, overjoyed by her kings responce. "My King, my love..." She said, letting the words hang in the air.

"I wish to rule still. but you know I rule in your name. I have many capable officers. I could still rule as your vassel yet still spend more then half the week in your city. I have a multitude pof talanted men and women and they would rule in my name, and since I rule in your name, we all rule in your name..." she started to quite... "and you know I rule in your name. I love my work, but if you demanded it.... I dont want to, but if you demanded it I would relinquish my rule"
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Zhang Kui wrote: As Zhang Kui entered the audience hall, he bravely paced forward eleven steps and presented only a slight bow to the King of Zhao. He may have been an important and powerful man, but he was not Zhang Kui's king, and therefore, he felt little need to cower before the man like an infant. If bravery cost the Black Dragon his head, at least he would die with honor and not grovelling at the feet of a man who wouldn't likely survive long in a contest of personal arms with him.

"I was returning to Changshan from Yin province when your message arrived," Xuanlong explained plainly. "If you have invited me here to inquire about my health and the weather, then the former is good and the latter bad, as always. I would have hoped that such a powerful king as yourself had more important matters to attend to. I suspect I am not here to exchange pleasantries, so let us not waste each other's time, King of Zhao."
The king was taken aback by the lack of manners, but the boldness also gave him some hope in the man. He knew if he was to reason with the northern people, he would need someone of their mannerisms. Wu Chen nodded understanding where the man came form, "Yes, yes, you are right. It is just that it is the custom in the courts of the land to be... friendly with your guests. However you are a man who likes to get straight to the point so that nothing is wasted. Impressive, such boldness of character. Tell me, you answered my summons because you were intrigued by my offer. I tell you if you seek glory and honor, and a stable life for you and your family, there is no greater place than here in Zhao. Zhao has the greatest chance to pacify the north and finally end the mindless warfare that plauges it."

Wu Chen knew something of the happenings of the north and hoped he had taken the proper angle with him.
- Sam the Eagle

Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Lu Ying wrote:
"My lord!" Lu Ying said, in a comforting tone, overjoyed by her kings responce. "My King, my love..." She said, letting the words hang in the air.

"I wish to rule still. but you know I rule in your name. I have many capable officers. I could still rule as your vassel yet still spend more then half the week in your city. I have a multitude pof talanted men and women and they would rule in my name, and since I rule in your name, we all rule in your name..." she started to quite... "and you know I rule in your name. I love my work, but if you demanded it.... I dont want to, but if you demanded it I would relinquish my rule"
Wu Chen shook his head several times, "No, no, my lady, you would not relinquish your right to rule. We would rule together, in unison, dominating over the entire north. If you wish to remain as a separate entity in rule, than that is totally acceptable, if you wish to fuse though, we would become unstoppable."

The idea of it excited him, a giant empire in the north. he could see it now, we from the south would come and bow before him in respect. A new order, one without the Qin. One where he did not need a high security prison around him in order to sleep at night. He eagerly awaited her reply.
- Sam the Eagle

Lu Ying
Lord

Post by Lu Ying »

Ashikaga wrote: Wu Chen shook his head several times, "No, no, my lady, you would not relinquish your right to rule. We would rule together, in unison, dominating over the entire north. If you wish to remain as a separate entity in rule, than that is totally acceptable, if you wish to fuse though, we would become unstoppable."

The idea of it excited him, a giant empire in the north. he could see it now, we from the south would come and bow before him in respect. A new order, one without the Qin. One where he did not need a high security prison around him in order to sleep at night. He eagerly awaited her reply.
"My King.... Wu chen... if I may call you so formally" Lu Ying said with a hint of uncertainty.

"I am young, adventure calls me and I cannot refuse it. As we spoke of before I am willing to give up my holdings in Zhao once I have taken Jibei, the same will happen to Jibei when I turn my gaze to Changshan or Yan. You see..." She paused, not sure if the King would accept such an answer.

"Adventure calls me. I cannot help it but my drive pushes me. But you my king... You are my rock. Since the first time we spoke I have hid these feelings, but... you enchant me so"
Zhang Kui
Ensign

Post by Zhang Kui »

Ashikaga wrote:Wu Chen knew something of the happenings of the north and hoped he had taken the proper angle with him.
"Your position is based on the province of Yin remaining stable," Zhang Kui observed, considering his recent meeting with the daughter of Yin's lord. A thin scratch remained over his eye from his bout with that woman warrior. Casting aside the thoughts, Xuanlong went on, "The Qin ruled these lands since before my birth. Since the death of their great leader, rebellion has spread across the land, but yours is not one such rebellion. The king of Chu rebelled against the Qin, only to suffer the same fate from his subordinates in this province."

"King of Zhao, you have rebelled against a rebel. Should I not see this as the acts of a power-hungry tyrant?" Xuanlong questioned boldly. He was taking a great risk in addressing a powerful man in such a manner, but the king's reaction would tell him much. "You are right in your assessment of the north. Of all the lords, you are the one with the greatest chance at pacifying the land and bringing peace to the north."

"But there is more to be done than simply to end the wars that plague these lands, great King," Zhang Kui continued, choosing more gracious words than he began with. He did, after all, have to survive the meeting to learn anything and come to a decision. "Such thinking is what brought down mighty Qin. Had your emperor been more than a conquerer, perhaps his legacy would have outlasted him. Now, your children will curse the name of Qin. Do you mean to repeat him?"

((OOC: Re:PM; All good. I do much the same thing. Things like that happen.))
Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Wu Chen smiled understandingly, and nodded. She was free to do as she wished in his book. He could only look into her face and after a few moments was able to say casually, "Yes, yes, do as you wish. You shall be free to do as you wish, my queen or otherwise, I will be here in Zhao awaiting your return. I had actually called you here to tell you that I am officially mandating your invasion into Jibei, to take it in its entirety as you so desire, however Donga is under negotiations. Eventually, our armies will march across the land victoriously. And the day you wish to settle down, marry, or whatever with me, I will wait here for you."
- Sam the Eagle

Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Zhang Kui wrote: "Your position is based on the province of Yin remaining stable," Zhang Kui observed, considering his recent meeting with the daughter of Yin's lord. A thin scratch remained over his eye from his bout with that woman warrior. Casting aside the thoughts, Xuanlong went on, "The Qin ruled these lands since before my birth. Since the death of their great leader, rebellion has spread across the land, but yours is not one such rebellion. The king of Chu rebelled against the Qin, only to suffer the same fate from his subordinates in this province."

"King of Zhao, you have rebelled against a rebel. Should I not see this as the acts of a power-hungry tyrant?" Xuanlong questioned boldly. He was taking a great risk in addressing a powerful man in such a manner, but the king's reaction would tell him much. "You are right in your assessment of the north. Of all the lords, you are the one with the greatest chance at pacifying the land and bringing peace to the north."

"But there is more to be done than simply to end the wars that plague these lands, great King," Zhang Kui continued, choosing more gracious words than he began with. He did, after all, have to survive the meeting to learn anything and come to a decision. "Such thinking is what brought down mighty Qin. Had your emperor been more than a conquerer, perhaps his legacy would have outlasted him. Now, your children will curse the name of Qin. Do you mean to repeat him?"

((OOC: Re:PM; All good. I do much the same thing. Things like that happen.))
Wu Chen let out a hearty laugh, the man's boldness came as a shock but he was almost amusing in his honesty. Wu Chen had never met a man with the gumption to stand up in another man's court and accuse him of being a tyrant.

Wu Chen stroked his beard thinking, how would he reply to this, finally he just said what was on his mind, not taking care as before to pick his words. Something about this man told Wu Chen that it really did not matter how he said what he said, it was just the content behind it.

"You enter my halls, weaponless and surrounded by my soldiers, and yet you still speak with the confidence and boldness as if you had an army outside my doors waiting to pounce on me. You sir, are either a fool or have the courage of a thousand tigers." Wu Chen said with a huff.

"No, I have not rebelled against my lord for my own gain, I felt he had abandoned us here in Zhao, he refused to acknowledge what he accomplished here. I felt I could carry on our rebellion more efficiently if I had the freedom to operate of my own free will. I do not just wish to conquer lands, but I wish to pacify the land and sow the seeds of peace. I will build schools and roads, cities and villages. The people will experience a prosperity never known to this land. However I cannot gain these things without first acquiring the tools and means by which to do so. Hence the reason I invited you here." Wu Chen felt confindent and true in what he said. He had a singular goal and ambition, and would do what he needed to to accomplish it.
- Sam the Eagle