Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak nodded, seeming to finally have heard what he had wanted to hear.

"It is good that his Majesty would seek peace instead of war. Perhaps once we have secured ourselves into a better position, his Majesty will be willing to talk of more concrete terms. Of course, I would not dream of any such talks until I feel I am worthy of such attentions. Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"

If there was any hint of sarcasm, the Prefect of Shanggu hid it well.
Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Yao lightly shook his head no, "The king seeks only to have friendship with you as we are still unclear of our intentions and are just attempting to be prepared. "test the waters" if you will before we act in any definite manner. A more concrete agreement would naturally indicate a definite move on our part and thus give the wrong message to the community as a whole. The King wishes you well in your endeavors and hopes that you will help in finally settling the rugged north." Yao spoke diplomatically, as if years of experience had granted him the ability to mask any feeling and protect his words from misinterpretation of what he meant.
"When you enter the theater, please walk to the end of the row filling in all available seats. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic"
- Sam the Eagle

Luanti Maodun, Bandit in Changshan
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak nodded his understanding.

"Of course, I understand completely. I can assure you that he has sent the right person to meet me, I feel reassured and cannot see how any misunderstand can come between our forces in the future. Please be so kind as to give his Majesty my regards."

The newly appointed Prefect of Shanggu was content of how things had gone, he did not want to dismiss the envoy, so he left an opening for the discussion to continue if need be but also provided an out if he had acquired all that he needed.
Sima Cao
New Recruit

Post by Sima Cao »

The province is finally under the same banner and Sima Cao ride to Shanggu to speak with lord Fei Lak to see if he wishes to built his domain in Yan or if he was just taking away all ressources to move to a more prosper territory?

I am Sima Cao, I wish to speak with Prefect Fei Lak.
Sima Cao
Taels of gold: 58
Command: 64
Might: 23
Intellect: 94*
Judgement: 89*
Charm: 34

Confuse II, Public Planner II, Civil administrator III, Engineer II, Scribe III
*Book of Rites +4int (90+4),Sima Cao Essay on Civil Administration (Book +4 Jud)
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Sima Cao wrote:The province is finally under the same banner and Sima Cao ride to Shanggu to speak with lord Fei Lak to see if he wishes to built his domain in Yan or if he was just taking away all ressources to move to a more prosper territory?

I am Sima Cao, I wish to speak with Prefect Fei Lak.
The guards went through the regular protocols.

"Master Sima, if we may be allowed to search you and if you may leave your weapons with us, you will be admitted immediately."
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

A lone man approached the city of Shanggu, with him only his well-trusted halberd. He spoke quickly and lightly to the guards outside of the audience hall, "I seek an audience with lord Fei Lak. You may take my weapon, although I find no reason why such should be necessary."
Xiong Shou
68-98*-29-63-66 / Assemble II, Charge II, Instructor II, Jianshu II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The guards looked at the man and shrugged.

"If we may keep your halbard and have your name, you may see the Prefect immediately."

The man gave him a look as if to say he didn't make the rules nor have the authority to leave the visitor his weapon.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

"I am Kuai Wei. If it is protocol to obtain one's weapon and hold it for the duration of the audience, then so be it." Wei awaited to be led to Fei Lak, the man who'd seemed to be so distant now that he was a full-fledged ruler rather than the man he'd met months ago that had simply led several men over towns and villages of Yan.
Xiong Shou
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak as was now his custom was scanning some reports, asking some questions of his nephew Kang. When Kuai Wei was announced, the Prefect rose with a smile, nodding to Liang Feng to of course let him through.

"If it isn't my favorite mercenary, haha, you will of course join me for some wine?"

Lak indicated a place to the side for less official visits, waiting to see if Wei would accept the invitation. He seemed glad to see the man that had forged himself quite the reputation in the past months.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

Kuai, deeming Fei Lak now too important for some imformalities, bowed before returning a smile of his own. "Lord Fei Lak, I'd heard you accomplished so much here. By the way, I've retired my work as a hired hand after realizing it would either be short-lived or I'd only become an assassin," corrected Kuai. He went on to explain, "You see, a group of cannibals has formed, obviously outnumbering myself as a lone warrior. Of course, I still am a bussiness man." Wei proceeded to the offered seat.
Xiong Shou