Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Luo Xiao
Lieutenant

Post by Luo Xiao »

Nodding at the offer to show his agreement, Luo Xiao followed Fei Lak to the other side of the hall. It had been a long ride and some wine would help shake the chill from his bones.

"I appreciate your letter. You have a knack for speaking plainly - something valued highly by men in my profession."
Luo Xiao (26) 45-89-40-72-53
Charge II, Diplomat II, Jianshu III, Politician II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Ashikaga wrote:
OOC: My PA disappears after two turns if you do not hire them. My follower nominally follows me into your kingdom, and should I decide to leave, he would likely follow me out. Otherwise, he is mine to rp and such.

Lu Anguo sat deep in thought, could he commit himself to this, right at the start of his army? It seemed like it could potentially be a stable life, free flowing wine, and possible bonuses occasionally. Lu was not a man on divided loyalty and when the ruler said he was free to find other offers, he was offended slightly even though he knew the gesture to be noble. Jiu Tuan sat silent as well until he leaned over and whispered into Lu's ear. Lu nodded and kept thinking.

Finally, he made a momentous decision. "My lord, I am not a common mercenary who would switch sides the moment a better offer arose. If you pay me to do a service for you, then I will not stop until it has been completed. My partner here has offered a deal, which I find acceptable which would secure me as a permanent member of your army until I notice a change in your demeanor, should you become an unfit ruler. I resigned once for such a reason and it is not below me to do so again. All i ask is that you agree to a few terms. Don't think me rude, I just wish to be comfortable in my decision. I need 70 gold, 50 for myself, and twenty additional for my second, Jiu Tuan, and my soldiers. I must put forth this offer for I lack funds to construct the weapon I will need to use in your battles. I do hope you do not think me presumptuous for making such an offer."

Lu bowed in respect for the lord. He was not a man of formalities, but he felt that this sign of respect could not hurt.
Lak's eyes showed he understood.

"Done! Still, I will need to give you the 70 gold in September as I have budgeted every tael for this month. 120 including your salary then. I hope you can also forgive me, I did not mean to imply I doubted your loyalty or honor, I was simply seeking a way to secure having you with us. So, is this agreeable, will I be able to count on your leadership and experience in the difficult months ahead?"
Luo Xiao wrote:Nodding at the offer to show his agreement, Luo Xiao followed Fei Lak to the other side of the hall. It had been a long ride and some wine would help shake the chill from his bones.

"I appreciate your letter. You have a knack for speaking plainly - something valued highly by men in my profession."
The Prefect poured his guest some wine.

"I am afraid it is perhaps my best quality, I have travelled widely and have enjoyed the company of a large variety of men. I try to be as honest as I can be with those I deem potential allies or friends. I also know Yan has been a difficult place to be in for the past few months, even for hardened veterans and such. Tell me Master Luo, do you think your quest for glory in personal combat can be linked to my own ambitions? I am already looking beyond Yan, though some might think it is presumptious of me to do so before I have secured the province, I do so out of necessity. I would bask in your glory if you are able to attain it, though you will win in your name, folk will understand you do so also to help further the cause of the Coalition. In return, I can assure you we will set the stage for such feats to be possible. You will be involved in the major battles that have yet to be fought and you will be at the forefront of it all. Is this something that can appeal to you?"

Lak also had food brought to their table as he waited for his guest's words.
Lu Ban
Officer

Post by Lu Ban »

It's been a while since Lu Ban left his quarters, suffering from a painful injury to the side, he was given some herbs to help with the pain. With the major side affect being drowsiness, Ban was asleep most of the day, only stirring for food and other necessities. One morning he was disturbed by one of his soldiers bearing a letter, reading it he quickly rose and sent out the order for his army to prepare themselves to break camp. Later on that day, he arrived at his destination of Shanggu. In his comfortable robes, he left his army a few Li from the gate, as he reached it, he politely stated, " I am Lu Ban, I have recieved a letter from Ma Dieu. May I meet with him?"
Zhao Ban, 27
95*-74*-44-72-20
Military Admin II, Wall II, Instructor II, Jianshu I, Dash I, Charge I, Sortie I
Whisper ([Sword] Melee, Mgt +2), Ban's Manual (Com +3)
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The guards nodded and went off to get Liang Feng, who was eating a pot of roasted pork in the barracks with some of his men. He grunted at the request for his presence at the entrance to the palace, lazily picked up his halberd, and headed to where he was needed.

Catching sight of Lu Ban, he eyed him keenly. "I am Liang Feng, captain of the guard here. My men tell me you're Lu Ban? If you wish to see General Ma, you need to submit to a search then!"

He snorted again, tapping his iron boots on the floor as he waited for a reply.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Phailak wrote:Lak's eyes showed he understood.

"Done! Still, I will need to give you the 70 gold in September as I have budgeted every tael for this month. 120 including your salary then. I hope you can also forgive me, I did not mean to imply I doubted your loyalty or honor, I was simply seeking a way to secure having you with us. So, is this agreeable, will I be able to count on your leadership and experience in the difficult months ahead?"
Lu Bowed, Jiu followed. "Aye My lord. I am yours to command", Lu said seriously. A new lifestyle change, he only hoped it would treat him well.
"When you enter the theater, please walk to the end of the row filling in all available seats. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic"
- Sam the Eagle

Luanti Maodun, Bandit in Changshan
Luo Xiao
Lieutenant

Post by Luo Xiao »

Xiao mused over the question, scratching his goatee slightly with his left hand. Out of habit his swordarm rested near his right hip, fingering the air for the hilt he was accustomed-to possessing.

"I have already made a name for myself with the provincials of Yan through my actions both on and off the battlefield. In time, I think, it will be necessary to spread my name throughout the country. If this can be done at the forefront of your armies then all the better; we both get what we want."

Although obviously arrogant, the young warrior looked to Fei Lak, his mannerisms changing to a more serious tone.

"It is my belief that history can be shaped with a single stroke of the sword. I simply want to be the one wielding it."

He took a sip of the wine then, nodding approvingly at the quality.

"What that history may be, I simply leave to you to decide."

He bowed his head slightly as both a sign of respect and, perhaps, supplication
Luo Xiao (26) 45-89-40-72-53
Charge II, Diplomat II, Jianshu III, Politician II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Ashikaga wrote: Lu Bowed, Jiu followed. "Aye My lord. I am yours to command", Lu said seriously. A new lifestyle change, he only hoped it would treat him well.
Lak bowed back, a smile on his face and a strange glee in his eye. Ma Dieu had whispered that with such a man in command of the armies, they could advance their ambitions quickly.

OOC: You should have access to the PH, I see you have already posted your OI, thanks
Luo Xiao wrote:Xiao mused over the question, scratching his goatee slightly with his left hand. Out of habit his swordarm rested near his right hip, fingering the air for the hilt he was accustomed-to possessing.

"I have already made a name for myself with the provincials of Yan through my actions both on and off the battlefield. In time, I think, it will be necessary to spread my name throughout the country. If this can be done at the forefront of your armies then all the better; we both get what we want."

Although obviously arrogant, the young warrior looked to Fei Lak, his mannerisms changing to a more serious tone.

"It is my belief that history can be shaped with a single stroke of the sword. I simply want to be the one wielding it."

He took a sip of the wine then, nodding approvingly at the quality.

"What that history may be, I simply leave to you to decide."

He bowed his head slightly as both a sign of respect and, perhaps, supplication
Lak nodded with a great smile displayed on his features.

"I believe you are right, I have heard of a few occasions when a single warrior managed to rout an entire army. For having it almost occur in my ranks, it is also a great fear that you will alleviate. So, may I count on you to shield our generals from such a fate?"

The Prefect seemed unaffected by the man's boasts and ambitions since he suffered from similar symptoms of promised greatness. he held his cup high for a toast, hoping his guest would confirm his intentions to join.

OOC: If you do join, post your OI in Fei Lak's officers thread and I'll give you PH access...
Lu Ban
Officer

Post by Lu Ban »

Li Dao Wen wrote:The guards nodded and went off to get Liang Feng, who was eating a pot of roasted pork in the barracks with some of his men. He grunted at the request for his presence at the entrance to the palace, lazily picked up his halberd, and headed to where he was needed.

Catching sight of Lu Ban, he eyed him keenly. "I am Liang Feng, captain of the guard here. My men tell me you're Lu Ban? If you wish to see General Ma, you need to submit to a search then!"

He snorted again, tapping his iron boots on the floor as he waited for a reply.
Lu Ban submitted to the search, hoping he wasn't too rough with his wound. Hearing the name Liang Feng, " So you are the Liang Feng I have heard about, I see that some of the rumors are true. Your friend Liu Kang spoke highly of you as well."
Zhao Ban, 27
95*-74*-44-72-20
Military Admin II, Wall II, Instructor II, Jianshu I, Dash I, Charge I, Sortie I
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Hearing the compliments from the wounded man, Liang Feng gave him a big smile and a nod. "Thanks. Liu Kang is always so eager to give away compliments. Heh. What a kid." he recalled with a smirk. "But I haven't proven anything yet, I've only been in one darn battle since those chipmunks of Li Lang's fled from us last time!" he declared with a tone of annoyance in his voice. Seeing that the man was injured and was still reeling from them, he ordered the men to stop inspecting him, seeing as a man with injuries as serious as his can't possibly wield a weapon effectively. Every weapon found was placed in a box and rushed away to a room to the left of the hallway.

"So, why are you so messed up right now?" he inquired as he eyed his injuries keenly.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Lu Ban
Officer

Post by Lu Ban »

Relieved that the search wasn't long, he freely handed his spear, Punisher, to the guard with his off hand. Lu Ban chuckled at the chipmunk comment, at one point Ban was counted as one of those chipmunks. " Funny story actually, I had gotten wounded in Yongzi when a javelin tip was lodged in my side. And after that had healed up alright, I went patroling in Yan and underestimated the speed of a certain cobra." He laughed a little at his folly, but he was a resilient guy, and his wounds will heal pretty fast.
Zhao Ban, 27
95*-74*-44-72-20