Ying Fusu's Audience Hall - Nanzheng

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Imaginos
Officer

Post by Imaginos »

Yan Guang bowed curtly once all was said and done.

Shi Jian will be pleased that you have thought so favourably of him. I will inform him, Mei Si, and our small band immediately. I can help in integrating them into His Majesty's army, if you like.

After hearing Tian's answer, Guang would bow and request to leave the hall.
Shi Jian zi Danli, 27
92-69*-56-70-32
Aid, Charge, Dash, Discipline II, Envelop II, Jianshu, Military Administrator III, Rupture
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

"Very well," replied the general, nodding his head in acknowledgment. "When you return, your quarters will be prepared. The men that follow your master will be integrated into the army of Qin. May you serve His Highness well . . ."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Charlemagne wrote:
ann wrote:Meng Yi nodded as his visitor spoke. After a moment's thought he said, "I remember a work called the Han Feizi. It was quite useful and instructive. I wonder if you could produce this work? In three months? How much would it cost to produce such an item?"
Li Ning smiled broadly, as he was indeed familiar with the book. "An excellent first choice, minister. And I do know it very well. I can create it in three months time for probably just under a thousand taels. For twelve hundred, I can hire an assistant, and have it to you before the summer sun gives way to the fall winds."

Ning knew quite well what stolen or new copies of the text were selling for on the open market, but felt no need to press his luck. The Chancellor had been good to him thus far, and Ning felt no need to extort the man.
((not extort! I can use the pt tool you know! :) ))

Meng Yi nodded thoughtfully. The book would be expensive but they were hard to come by and he wanted very much to encourage scribes to begin practicing their art openly. After a moment he said, "There is no particular rush, shall we say three months and 1000 taels?"

ZhangCo wrote:After entering Meng Yi's office, Liao Qian bowed to the Prime Minister, yet the formalities were far from his mind as he burst straight into his report. "The people of Hanzhong are blindly loyal to Nenzheng Ma. Hanzhong can not be swayed by words or politics. They follow him like a dog follows a master. I have spent the last month there, using both force and civility, and all I got out of out was a slashed muscle in my thigh and a wounded sense of pride. Despite our King's noble wishes, if he wishes Hanzhong to be his, he will have to pull it from Nenzheng Ma's hands,"
Meng Yi motioned for an attendant to assist Liao Qian to kneel on a mat on the floor near a low table. He said, "Early reports indicated as much Lord Liao. You should rest. Your injury will not heal otherwise."

He indicated that the attendant should warm some wine to fortify his guest and then thought about how to handle the situation. After a moment he said, "The King of Qin must decide how the situation should be redeemed. Drink this wine and rest a moment and then I will accompany you to speak with him."

He took some wine for himself and said, "The populace seemed dedicated to Nenzheng Ma?"
Etular
New Recruit

Post by Etular »

Sima Lar walked erratically before stumbling into the walls of Nanzheng. Sima Lar had never been very good on his feet after he dislocated it at the age of 5, because of this, people thought that he a heavy drinker, stumbling and swirling in the streets of Nanzheng. Many had tried to steal from him but he'd manage to fight them off one way or another. He never thought he'd need a cane, he thought he was alright walking.

As he neared the gate, holding onto the wall, he addressed the guards.

"I have come to see the great Qin King, I with to become a soldier or general of his army." He stumbled once again, trying to regain balance. He managed to get up eventually before waiting for a reply.
Name: Sima Lar
Starting Gold: 100
Command: 78/83
Might: 19/26
Intellect: 82/91
Judgement: 76/82
Charm: 20/25
Scout, Spy II, Aid II, Envelop, Poison II.
1000 soldiers (drill of 50) (Pi Spears)
Village, 30 Provincial Influence, and 10 Provincial NPC Bond.
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

ann wrote:Meng Yi nodded thoughtfully. The book would be expensive but they were hard to come by and he wanted very much to encourage scribes to begin practicing their art openly. After a moment he said, "There is no particular rush, shall we say three months and 1000 taels?"
Li Ning noded. "These old hands thank you for the extra time, Chancellor Meng. I shall begin toiling immediately, if you have no other use of me." The old man looked thoughtful for a moment, and seemed to be drifting off when he snapped himself back. "You shan't be disappointed, I assure you. I shall revisit you when the opus is completed."
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Etular wrote:As he neared the gate, holding onto the wall, he addressed the guards.

"I have come to see the great Qin King, I with to become a soldier or general of his army." He stumbled once again, trying to regain balance. He managed to get up eventually before waiting for a reply.
The guards looked at him as if he was joking. A soldier with such bad balance? Laughable. Wiping the grin from his face, Quan Shao spoke. "What is your name, man? Why do you think you can fight as a soldier?"
Etular
New Recruit

Post by Etular »

"I Am Chief of A Village in this area. My name is Sima Lar." He replied. "I believe I can be a soldier because..." He ponders a moment before lying "I was once a General under another lord. My ambition shows no boundaries, as I have fought with the best of generals and have often won. Although a soldier in heart, I am a strategist in Mentality."

He Paused for a moment, catching his breath. "I walk erratically because..." he lied once again about the actual time he broke his leg. "I broke my leg several weeks back and refuse to use a walking cane." He waited for the guard to reply.
Name: Sima Lar
Starting Gold: 100
Command: 78/83
Might: 19/26
Intellect: 82/91
Judgement: 76/82
Charm: 20/25
Scout, Spy II, Aid II, Envelop, Poison II.
1000 soldiers (drill of 50) (Pi Spears)
Village, 30 Provincial Influence, and 10 Provincial NPC Bond.
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

"I see," replied Quan Shao as he exchanged a quizzical look with his underlings. He shrugged, gesturing for the man to be quickly searched. "Supreme Commander Meng and His Highness the King are both on an expedition to Yong. I can perhaps schedule an audience with Chancellor Meng Yi if that is acceptable."
Adranis
Little Goober
Location: Just remember, the low blood pressure demon is writing you up.

Post by Adranis »

Cao Chao wrote:"Justice? What is justice in this world," replied Meng Tian, shaking his head. "There is no justice. Humanity cannot for the love of itself mete out justice without the process being tainted by the corruption that is innate within humanity. All the justice we have in the world is a perversion of what it was meant to be . . ."

"Go do what you must, Xiao Qiao, but be true to your heart and your convictions," stated Meng Tian, patting her paternally on the head. "You don't need to worry about me or Meng Yi or His Highness. We will be fine. Your wings have hardened and matured. Go out and do what you will. No one will blame you." He hugged her warmly, before relinquishing her and allowing her to leave.
"But even so, what was meant to be has already been tainted by the hands of fate, as well as the sins that are ambition and greed," she mused quietly, more to herself than to her uncle. "You are right...there is no such thing as true justice, as the judgement lies within the eye of beholder, whoever is looking upon the deeds and regarding the actions. "It is a pity that there is no way for all to see eye-to-eye, in civil term rather than through war and chaos..."

It was a lament of some sorts, and Qiao Lin sighed heavily at the touch of her uncle's hand against her head and his embrace. "Such is the problem - what must I do, Uncle? And you cannot say I should not worry or do not need to, because I shall no matter what. I have worked my life away to be someone, and I landed in your care by the grace of the Heavens. But I am humbled at your pride for me...I truly am." She rested her head against his shoulder. "I don't wish to leave yet - perhaps we can spend some time together if it does not interfere with your schedule?"
Qiao Lin (21)
53-44-96*-31-92
Deride III, Diplomat II, Envelop I, Politician II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Spy I
Items: Book of Rites (Int+4)

V2: 1 dead, 1 retired, 1 inactive.

<XuQuan> I would be a good houseboy since I don't like wearing clothes.

<Flawed> TEAM FLAWED - We're Wrong, and We Know it, so Screw you.

* Dreamer|Lernen sucks off to rp with no one.
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Adranis wrote:"But even so, what was meant to be has already been tainted by the hands of fate, as well as the sins that are ambition and greed," she mused quietly, more to herself than to her uncle. "You are right...there is no such thing as true justice, as the judgment lies within the eye of beholder, whoever is looking upon the deeds and regarding the actions. "It is a pity that there is no way for all to see eye-to-eye, in civil term rather than through war and chaos..."

It was a lament of some sorts, and Qiao Lin sighed heavily at the touch of her uncle's hand against her head and his embrace. "Such is the problem - what must I do, Uncle? And you cannot say I should not worry or do not need to, because I shall no matter what. I have worked my life away to be someone, and I landed in your care by the grace of the Heavens. But I am humbled at your pride for me...I truly am." She rested her head against his shoulder. "I don't wish to leave yet - perhaps we can spend some time together if it does not interfere with your schedule?"
In the depths of his heart, Meng Tian wished that justice evenly and equally could be meted out by the Heavens. But that was wishful thinking for a world tainted by the wretchedness of humanity. For every worthy Chancellor like Lü Buwei and Shang Yang, there were devious sycophants like Li Si and Fan Ju. He sighed to himself, wishing his brother well in his deeds as the Chancellor.

"Do what you must and what your heart says," answered the general, placing a kiss upon Qiao Lin's forehead. "No one will speak ill if you do so. But betray not your heart or you will rue forever that day." Blinking at her wish to remain for a bit to spend more time with him, Meng Tian brightened. "Of course, I always have time for family . . ."

Meng Tian clapped his hands, summoning a small meal for the pair.

(OOC: Please continue in the province RP!)