Ying Fusu's Audience Hall - Nanzheng

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

ann wrote:Meng Yi nodded as his visitor spoke. After a moment's thought he said, "I remember a work called the Han Feizi. It was quite useful and instructive. I wonder if you could produce this work? In three months? How much would it cost to produce such an item?"
Li Ning smiled broadly, as he was indeed familiar with the book. "An excellent first choice, minister. And I do know it very well. I can create it in three months time for probably just under a thousand taels. For twelve hundred, I can hire an assistant, and have it to you before the summer sun gives way to the fall winds."

Ning knew quite well what stolen or new copies of the text were selling for on the open market, but felt no need to press his luck. The Chancellor had been good to him thus far, and Ning felt no need to extort the man.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Imaginos wrote:Some time had passed since Shi Jian left the gates of Nanzheng when his advisor Yan Guang returned to address the guard. He dismounted and bowed, leaving his only weapon, an intricately designed hand crossbow, hooked to the saddle of his horse.

Master guardsman, I have returned in place of my friend. He was... unfortunately unable to come due to some other commitments. Would it be possible for me to meet with someone and discuss some type of arrangement of our group's services? Danli has managed to recruit a small number of troops willing to fight for his Majesty's cause.
The guardsmen led by Quan Shao regarded the men warily, remembering Shi Jian's angry outburst on his last visit. The commander from Qi and his followers were carefully searched, all of their weapons confiscated.

After it was done, they were conducted into a large set chambers where Meng Tian was holding a strategy session. The veteran Qin general, surrounded by subordinates and guardsmen, looked up and regarded the visitors with curiosity as they were announced.
ZhangCo wrote:An annoyed look on his face, Liao Qian limped up to the gates of Nanzheng, almost furious at the events that had unfolded in the previous month. He thoroughly expected to be on the winning side of the fight, but the people of Hanzhong had become too stupidly dependant on a so-called 'honourable' ruler. Perhaps even blinded by his anger, the magistrate inclined his head shortly to the head guard.

"Liao Qian here, sirs. I am here to meet with the Great King or one of his advisors, to discuss matters involving the city of Nanzhong. Would you allow me through, please?"
"Magistrate Liao, is there a particular official you wished to speak to?" asked the guardsman, recognizing the middle-aged man from his previous visit.
Imaginos
Officer

Post by Imaginos »

Cao Chao wrote:After it was done, they were conducted into a large set chambers where Meng Tian was holding a strategy session. The veteran Qin general, surrounded by subordinates and guardsmen, looked up and regarded the visitors with curiosity as they were announced.
(OOC: Only Yan Guang is there. - sorry if I wasn't clear on that.)

Yan Guang bowed before the council before he said anything else.

Supreme Commander, it is an honour to be brought before you. Your campaigns against the ravenous Xiongnu are legendary the land over.

It was clear that Guang's presentation before the military commander was sincere, though he acted a little over the top.

As your aides said, I am Yan Guang styled Shifen. I am an advisor to Commandant Shi Jian, former officer of the Qi forces - though you would be hard pressed to confirm that with them. Danli is a man of strong character; of honour. When he feels that his honour has been damaged, he feels it necessary to right what wrongs have been made and seek revenge on those who have wronged him. That is the chief reason why I stand before you today.

The advisor-general glanced back at the guards that brought him in then continued.

Master Shi also wanted me to apologize in person for the previous visit. He is in much better health now and spirits. He is hot on the trail of his former Qi subordinate who... wronged him.

Guang declined to elaborate any further; instead he calmly waited for an answer from the general.
Shi Jian zi Danli, 27
92-69*-56-70-32
Aid, Charge, Dash, Discipline II, Envelop II, Jianshu, Military Administrator III, Rupture
ZhangCo
Ensign

Post by ZhangCo »

Qian shrugged impatiently. "Ideally, the Great King himself. Or if he's busy, Meng Yi. Or if he's busy, Meng Tian. And if they're all busy, whoever next is on the food chain,"
Lu Zihang zi lingluan (24)
73-20-86-70-30
Confuse II, Decoy I, Doctor, Jeer I, Military Administrator II, Poison II, Public Planner I

Follower
She Ou (78) 76-75-32-58-42, Discipline I, Inspire I, Jeer I, Propagandist I, Rupture I, Wall II
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Imaginos wrote:Yan Guang bowed before the council before he said anything else.

Supreme Commander, it is an honour to be brought before you. Your campaigns against the ravenous Xiongnu are legendary the land over.

It was clear that Guang's presentation before the military commander was sincere, though he acted a little over the top.

As your aides said, I am Yan Guang styled Shifen. I am an advisor to Commandant Shi Jian, former officer of the Qi forces - though you would be hard pressed to confirm that with them. Danli is a man of strong character; of honour. When he feels that his honour has been damaged, he feels it necessary to right what wrongs have been made and seek revenge on those who have wronged him. That is the chief reason why I stand before you today.
"My campaigns against the Xiongnu were a result of the steadfast loyalty and hard work of my subordinates," answered the Supreme Commander, shaking his head. "Though I was the commander, my name was wrought in the blood of my willing followers. And when I could do nothing to save Xianyang, no exploit can ever wash away the heavy weight upon my conscience."

"Why does your master wish to serve the Kingdom of Qin and me in particular, when it was I who destroyed Qi years ago with Wang Ben?" he asked, rubbing his chin.
ZhangCo wrote:Qian shrugged impatiently. "Ideally, the Great King himself. Or if he's busy, Meng Yi. Or if he's busy, Meng Tian. And if they're all busy, whoever next is on the food chain,"
After a quick search, Liao Qian was conducted into the presence of Meng Yi.
ZhangCo
Ensign

Post by ZhangCo »

After entering Meng Yi's office, Liao Qian bowed to the Prime Minister, yet the formalities were far from his mind as he burst straight into his report. "The people of Hanzhong are blindly loyal to Nenzheng Ma. Hanzhong can not be swayed by words or politics. They follow him like a dog follows a master. I have spent the last month there, using both force and civility, and all I got out of out was a slashed muscle in my thigh and a wounded sense of pride. Despite our King's noble wishes, if he wishes Hanzhong to be his, he will have to pull it from Nenzheng Ma's hands,"
Lu Zihang zi lingluan (24)
73-20-86-70-30
Confuse II, Decoy I, Doctor, Jeer I, Military Administrator II, Poison II, Public Planner I

Follower
She Ou (78) 76-75-32-58-42, Discipline I, Inspire I, Jeer I, Propagandist I, Rupture I, Wall II
Imaginos
Officer

Post by Imaginos »

Cao Chao wrote:"Why does your master wish to serve the Kingdom of Qin and me in particular, when it was I who destroyed Qi years ago with Wang Ben?" he asked, rubbing his chin.
Shifen nodded, allowing the commander express his regret and humilty over the affair in Xianyang.

Truly a regrettable set of circumstances, Commander. Perhaps, in time, there will come the opportunity to reclaim the city and rebuild her to her former state of glory? I am sure that Shi Jian, Mei Si and I would be up to that challenge.

Yan Guang looked to the ceiling, as if attempting to recall all that had transpired between Danli and the kingdom of Qi.

Well, yes, Commandant Shi was an accomplished officer of Qi; one of their finest officers, if I had any say in it. There was a situation where he was ordered to slay the inhabitants of a small Qin village - women and children mostly - the men had fled in an attempt to spare their lives. Danli, being a leader of men, a virtuous warrior, and a man of honour flat out refused. Jian is no terrorist, you see, Commander.

Nevertheless, his subcommanders perceived this action as a weakness and therefore made an attempt on his life. Mei Si and I found him, more dead than alive after being pursued by the mutineers for a long while. We nursed him back to health, and now we seek to aid you against the new uprising of Qi, under this new so-called King.
Shi Jian zi Danli, 27
92-69*-56-70-32
Aid, Charge, Dash, Discipline II, Envelop II, Jianshu, Military Administrator III, Rupture
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Imaginos wrote:Well, yes, Commandant Shi was an accomplished officer of Qi; one of their finest officers, if I had any say in it. There was a situation where he was ordered to slay the inhabitants of a small Qin village - women and children mostly - the men had fled in an attempt to spare their lives. Danli, being a leader of men, a virtuous warrior, and a man of honour flat out refused. Jian is no terrorist, you see, Commander.

Nevertheless, his subcommanders perceived this action as a weakness and therefore made an attempt on his life. Mei Si and I found him, more dead than alive after being pursued by the mutineers for a long while. We nursed him back to health, and now we seek to aid you against the new uprising of Qi, under this new so-called King.
"I see," replied Meng Tian as he regarded the adviser with cold, calculating eyes. He was intrigued by the man that Yan Guang spoke of, this Shi Jian. He seemed to be a humanitarian . . . But at the same time, Meng Tian personally loathed the prospect of a man who would refuse orders. In the military, orders were important. If Shi Jian did not know how to follow orders, then he had no place in the army.

"If I were to order your master to massacre a village, what would he do?" asked Meng Tian, intent upon finding out. "Would he not refuse my orders as he refused the orders of his previous commander?"
Imaginos
Officer

Post by Imaginos »

Cao Chao wrote:"If I were to order your master to massacre a village, what would he do?" asked Meng Tian, intent upon finding out. "Would he not refuse my orders as he refused the orders of his previous commander?"
Yan Guang answered the question without a second thought.

Of course he would. A man of your stature, your judgment, your honour and virtue would without a doubt have good reason to slaughter a village to the man. Shi Jian would follow your orders to the letter.

The Qi on the other hand... They are only interested in their own greedy goals. They aren't to be trusted - they aren't to be honoured.
Shi Jian zi Danli, 27
92-69*-56-70-32
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Imaginos wrote:Yan Guang answered the question without a second thought.

Of course he would. A man of your stature, your judgment, your honour and virtue would without a doubt have good reason to slaughter a village to the man. Shi Jian would follow your orders to the letter.

The Qi on the other hand... They are only interested in their own greedy goals. They aren't to be trusted - they aren't to be honoured.
"I see," replied Meng Tian, nodding his head. He knew not if Yan Guang spoke truthfully for Shi Jian or he was paying lip service to him. "I will have Chunyu Yue enter your master and yourself into the roll of officers for the army of Qin. Have your master meet me tomorrow. We have some things to discuss . . ."

(OOC: Welcome! Post your OI!)