Public Dueling!

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

I got screwed bad, and See almost got screwed as well!

OMG See! Let's start training judgment! :shock: It kills more than might now!
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Not only that bro, in here high war doesn't mean anything now. See Han Shao and JB? for God's sake they are only 70ish War and below! THye basically pwned all the high Warish!
Qian Yen (千眼) (26) 60-71*-89*-65-50 | Confuse II, Gongshu II, Poison II, Spy II

[暗兵]
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Do they have an appropriate thread where we can address this bro? This kills really.. Imagine if these situations happened in real battles..

Formerly:

jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

try the ooc thread. :D
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I wouldn't go that far. Might is by far the most important element to duels, but yes, Judgment comes in second. If you scan the dueling rules, you'll see it's both in the damage formula (albeit in a much weaker relationship to Might) and also a prime factor in a number of tactics. And tactics themselves are one of the biggest factors in determining who wins.

Beyond this, both Han Shao and Jiang Bao have master-level dueling skills and the right equipment to suit them (meaning optimal hit and crit rates, as well as boosts to tactic success). This is not to say that you guys don't, but they are both basically performing at their maximum limits. That, and they both had some luck on their side as well.

If you have any specific questions or complaints, I'd suggest the Game Rules Questions thread.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

No no no, Dao Wen its fine though. Basically the mechanisms here is how you planned your duel tactics and with the appopriate stats/equipment and with a little luck. It should be fine. I like this! Like my Diablo days!

So trained up and when do a dueling, think it carefully what to plan for your tactics. Just like someone puny who I forgot challenges Goliath a giant warrior in the medival times. The puny guy wins! With a slingshot!

[暗兵]
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

So there will be more fairytale endings with duels than not. :lol: Underdogs win! Woooo!

But I do have some complaints.. i'll post in the appropriate thread. Thank you XZ for directing us to it. :D

Formerly:

Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

XZ, I have no complaints on this. As far from that, I like how the things being run here. A total new experience for me rather than the conventional ways. :D

[暗兵]
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Hey, nothing's perfect. I imagine the staff would want your feedback.

Also, if it would help, I'd be willing to do a look-see at your character and dueling options and maybe give you some guidelines. I'm not going to develop strategy for you, but perhaps there are things that you can do within the system to better your situation that you might not be seeing. If so, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Otherwise, I suppose we resume this PDT stuff. For the record, I am still waiting on tactics from AaronH for the AaronH/Bonaparte duel.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Thanks for the offer XZ, I am taking up your offer to advise on dueling. Will pm you when the need arises. :D

[暗兵]