Political Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

Spirited Wolf wrote:
Ishy Julu wrote:
Spirited Wolf wrote:I prefer the old white guy. :P I've got my reasons for it. John McCain ftw.
Because white people have always ruled America. Spirited doesn't want someone of color or ethnicity into office?
Your joking right? Race shouldn't matter when it comes to who leads this country. I want the most qualified, most able body person, who is not going to raise taxes and who is not going to screw me over in the longrun. I could give a damn if that person is white, black, Asian, Mexican or a freaking Martian.
I was being facetious. But, when was the last non-white/christian/catholic President? Yeah... Kinda glad I'm not a white christian when I look at it that way.
Lü Tang, 33.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Personally, I'd like to see a nice stereotypical Jew get into office. The country is more or less a business, so why not have it run like a business.

Besides, I'd just enjoy hearing those ever amusing phrases during serious political moments, and watching the collective aneurysm of the jesus brigade.
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Well Mayor Bloomburg was considering running as a independant candiadate, but early in the race we already had two candidates claiming to represent NY (Guiliani and Clinton).

I guess he decided it would be better to wait for a different and more oppurtune time.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:Well Mayor Bloomburg was considering running as a independant candiadate, but early in the race we already had two candidates claiming to represent NY (Guiliani and Clinton).

I guess he decided it would be better to wait for a different and more oppurtune time.
I've heard that McCain is considering him for VP.

Ok, sure, we've heard 1000 possibilities for both Pres candidates about their VP, but I thought I'd add this anyway :)
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

That might be interesting.. hell it could be a good counter balance to McCain's crazy.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

My opinion of Bloomberg will drop considerably if he decides to become McCain's VP.
Cloud Strife
Captain

Post by Cloud Strife »

Four More Years!

What do you have against McCain, CC? You're a New Yorker, you should hate Hilary and the Dems more. :p
Name: Ji Qing, Male (Born 228 B.C.) [18-58-106*-42-79]
Items: Book + 7 INT "Sān Mín Zhǔyì", Book + 7 INT "A Song of Ice and Fire"
Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Public Planner II
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Xiao Gau wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a nice stereotypical Jew get into office. The country is more or less a business, so why not have it run like a business.

Besides, I'd just enjoy hearing those ever amusing phrases during serious political moments, and watching the collective aneurysm of the jesus brigade.
well my country is already a business. my president is the chairman, my prime minister is the CEO. His dad is the godfather. you sure you want a country ran this way? No more freedom, you know. Just like you cannot badmouth your boss in front of him unless you want to quit of course.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

However, I -can- badmouth my boss. Provided I have an Xbox 360 and play online with him. Or be another manager's Brother, or rent a place from the manager...
Cloud Strife
Captain

Post by Cloud Strife »

jiangbao wrote:
Xiao Gau wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a nice stereotypical Jew get into office. The country is more or less a business, so why not have it run like a business.

well my country is already a business. my president is the chairman, my prime minister is the CEO. His dad is the godfather. you sure you want a country ran this way? No more freedom, you know. Just like you cannot badmouth your boss in front of him unless you want to quit of course.
Do you live in Singapore?
Name: Ji Qing, Male (Born 228 B.C.) [18-58-106*-42-79]
Items: Book + 7 INT "Sān Mín Zhǔyì", Book + 7 INT "A Song of Ice and Fire"
Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Public Planner II