Puyang Shuang (19) 60-45-114*-43-80*
Aid II, Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Entangle I, Jeer I, Scout II, Scribe II
7986 (100) Troops
547g

Followers: Hua Gongming, Yuan Man
Zhang Loc
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Loc »

Radical Dreamer wrote:Lets look at what he's done, shall we?

-He redesigned the presidential seal and started using it at speeches.
-He's moving the venue of the democratic acceptance speech to a football stadium so he can grandstand.
-He goes behind the voters backs and blatantly lies to their faces and thinks no one will call him on it. No one does if they support him.
-His wife is an elitist bitch.
-He won't admit that he's wrong on any point and blatantly refuses to answer certain questions about his past business dealings with Tony Rezko and expects the media to accept that. If they ask questions about it, he just storms off the stage like a child.
-He says that poor/rural people "cling to guns, religion, and racism" because we are too simple to understand what's happening to us. Much like ants. That is a level of snobbery I haven't seen since John Kerry.
That last quote has been taken out of context so many times and defended as well that I shall not even touch it. However, the other points do not point towards 'elitism.'

In fact
He's moving the venue of the democratic acceptance speech to a football stadium so he can grandstand.
this would point more towards demagoguery.

And I'm afraid I need more support for this to be substantiated,
-His wife is an elitist bitch.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

I find it slightly suspect when it was said that he was the "biggest elitest since John Kerry" aside from the fact that they come from vastly different backgrounds and upbrings (Yes, Kerry is an elitist) what you in fact said was..

"He's the biggest elitest since the last person the democrats put up for president."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Misfortune
Officer
Location: Debating if what I see before me is reality or an elaborate dream.

Post by Misfortune »

Ishy Julu wrote:
Spirited Wolf wrote:I prefer the old white guy. :P I've got my reasons for it. John McCain ftw.
Because white people have always ruled America. Spirited doesn't want someone of color or ethnicity into office?
Your joking right? Race shouldn't matter when it comes to who leads this country. I want the most qualified, most able body person, who is not going to raise taxes and who is not going to screw me over in the longrun. I could give a damn if that person is white, black, Asian, Mexican or a freaking Martian.
"A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests." - Machiavelli
Zhào Yóng (炤顒), Réngāng (仁鋼) [233 BC] 76-20-85-84-60
Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Military Administrator I
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Spirited Wolf wrote:
Ishy Julu wrote:
Spirited Wolf wrote:I prefer the old white guy. :P I've got my reasons for it. John McCain ftw.
Because white people have always ruled America. Spirited doesn't want someone of color or ethnicity into office?
Your joking right? Race shouldn't matter when it comes to who leads this country. I want the most qualified, most able body person, who is not going to raise taxes and who is not going to screw me over in the longrun. I could give a damn if that person is white, black, Asian, Mexican or a freaking Martian.
However, until every man woman and child on Earth becomes blind, Race will -always- be a factor. Even of they don't want to admit it, race plays a part, as indicated so well by I prefer the old white guy.

I'd just like an honest person for once. Someone who's actually going to say what he means, and not ask 'Is our children learning?'
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

McCain seems nice enough but then I remember all that history - he always seems to be close to scandal but somehow just get out of it. Or he is in the middle of it but it was so long ago nobody cares anymore. Also I think he's a complete crackpot on some issues.

My new policy is to base my decision based on the actual policy advisors candidates rely on.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

ann wrote:McCain seems nice enough but then I remember all that history - he always seems to be close to scandal but somehow just get out of it. Or he is in the middle of it but it was so long ago nobody cares anymore. Also I think he's a complete crackpot on some issues.

My new policy is to base my decision based on the actual policy advisors candidates rely on.
Oh, McCain is a basket full of chipped crackers to be certain. But I find that rather refreshing. At least we can -expect- insane comments and choices from him and not be too surprised ;p
Misfortune
Officer
Location: Debating if what I see before me is reality or an elaborate dream.

Post by Misfortune »

I said old white guy as a joke. And I said it because someone else had said something like that. I honestly, don't care what the person looks like.
"A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests." - Machiavelli
Zhào Yóng (炤顒), Réngāng (仁鋼) [233 BC] 76-20-85-84-60
Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Military Administrator I
Zhang Loc
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Loc »

Xiao Gau wrote:Oh, McCain is a basket full of chipped crackers to be certain. But I find that rather refreshing. At least we can -expect- insane comments and choices from him and not be too surprised ;p
We can't expect insane comments with the current President? I think that is probably the only thing we can except from 'ole W.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Zhang Loc wrote:
Xiao Gau wrote:Oh, McCain is a basket full of chipped crackers to be certain. But I find that rather refreshing. At least we can -expect- insane comments and choices from him and not be too surprised ;p
We can't expect insane comments with the current President? I think that is probably the only thing we can except from 'ole W.
Oh, we can, certainly. But he was supposed to be a normal person. Remember? Good schools, fine education and everything.

But with McCain, you know your getting a lune right from the outset.