Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Pan Xulong
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Pan Xulong »

I have two suggestions for the Personal Turn Tool that is used for pts.

I noticed in the pt generator under npc actions there is no place to list if an npc has the Politician or Diplomat skill (or other skills that would be relevant to an npc turn). These skills would affect the outcome of a search and should be listed under the npc's stats.

My second suggestion is not as important as it can be noted on the pt. Perhaps there should be a specific spot for a player to list their rank. This could help to avoid confusion.
Pan Xulong 43, 90-62-47-79-52 Politician II Horsemanship II Field Engineer II Military Administrator I
Fiaopang Cheng 31, 82-77-53-58-58 Hearten II Trainer I Diplomat I Spy I
Rong Lin 34, 50-76-46-57-68 Artisan II Spy I Military Administrator I Jianshu I Politician I Jeer I Fame I
Quqitong Xiao 29, 81-53-61-66-36 Civil Administrator II Flank II Diplomat I Spy I Hearten I
Lanlei Ri 42, 60-76-49-56-60 Smith II Jeer I Scout I Diplomat I Hearten I Entrench I Inspire I
No more room in signature. Link here http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 5547#35547
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

Pan Xulong wrote:I noticed in the pt generator under npc actions there is no place to list if an npc has the Politician or Diplomat skill (or other skills that would be relevant to an npc turn). These skills would affect the outcome of a search and should be listed under the npc's stats.

My second suggestion is not as important as it can be noted on the pt. Perhaps there should be a specific spot for a player to list their rank. This could help to avoid confusion.
For the first part, that's why they always say list your NPCs' stats in your sig. Cause they actually use that to generate your PT results (if you'll notice, you don't list your skills in the PT either).

For the second part, perhaps it's supposed to go in the sig again? I don't know :P
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Fessek
Where is it?

Post by Fessek »

I would suggest that a FAQ addendum be added to the rules section. Many issues have been addressed or clarified in the rules question thread that aren't readily available in the normal rules. Unless you keep up to date with that thread religously, it's very easy to miss something.

Just an overview would be nice. I'd be more then will to sort through part of it myself if anyone else is willing to help me. Perhaps split it into 20 page segments with willing accomplices.
Tsu Jiri
91-83-26-80-22
125 Gold
-12% Injury
Horse (Spd +1), Billhook (+1), Sword (+1)
Gongshu I, Lure II, Horsemanship II, Qiangshu II, Military Administrator I
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I've been noticing a few people doing their fame wrong -sometimes by a lot- in their PTs. Would there be any way to just make it impossible to select two + fames that are impossible to get together at the same time in the PT tool?

(such as ruler of a town and ruler of a city, etc)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Batista
Ensign

Post by Batista »

For invasions, I don't absolutely agree or like the idea of sending in the stategies and ploys when the attacker is PMing his invasion to the Battlemaster. I propose that in sending in the Invasion force, that the strategy and ploys used to be not included. Only the troops and officers and the objective of the invasion needs to be revealed in the initial force PM.

I propose that during the 24 hours that the defender has to post his defense force and also send in his strategy and ploys, the attacker must also send in his strategy and ploys.

Why? because, during the some one to two days between the initial invasion sent by the attacker and the time the ploys are due from the defender, a lot of things could have changed. Alot more discussions taken place, a lot more RP happened. This could change your battle plans drastically.

Now, lets just say ICwise. When the attacker first declares his invasion, it is just basically him/her declaring an attack. When the battle is posted is basically when the attacking army begins its invasion and is approaching the enemy. Now, it would make little sense if the orders of the army can only be set in the declaration of the invasion and not during the actual marching of the army to the target. The attacking army should be allowed to retreat before he actually engages even if his strategy isn't full retreat or the other retreat strategy. Now those strategies can still be used, but an attacker should be allowed to cancel the invasion and recall the troops even if he did not say so in the first invasion post he sent in PM to battlemaster.

Because it makes no sense, at least in my opinion, that an army can not retreat before a battle because his strategy is already sent in, I propose that the strategy and ploys of both armies, the attacker and the defender, be sent during the 24-hour period that usually only the defender can.
Song Lian Sheng(41m), 5'10, 170 lbs.
95*-89*-54*-42-20
Dash I, Formation I, Horsemanship I, QiangShu I, Raid I, Rally I, Reactive Defense I, Wedge II
Fessek
Where is it?

Post by Fessek »

The attacker is already allowed to change their tactics/ploys during the 24 hour period. You are required to fight at least one engagement, but other then that, none of your initial force posting is binding.
Tsu Jiri
91-83-26-80-22
125 Gold
-12% Injury
Naurek
Sergeant

Post by Naurek »

If none of it's binding, why do it in the first place? I have noticed everyone so far seems to get a chance to change their strategy. Why not just have people post their forces, and they can do their strategy within 12/24 hours of the defenders posting? It makes sense.
Huangfu Yuan (46) 71-27-85-90-45 Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Lure I, Military Administrator II, Public Planner I
Lord of Dicheng
Fessek
Where is it?

Post by Fessek »

It's probably to keep things moving. By requiring the attackers tactics immediately, you assure that they won't miss the 24 hour deadline and won't hold up the sim.
Tsu Jiri
91-83-26-80-22
125 Gold
-12% Injury
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Fessek wrote:It's probably to keep things moving. By requiring the attackers tactics immediately, you assure that they won't miss the 24 hour deadline and won't hold up the sim.
That's exactly why we do it. Even if we put a hard 24 hours deadline on it, there is a tendency to look at the battle and think "I'll give em a few more hours." if the tactics haven't arrived yet.

This way, we have tactics regardless.
Alchemicsoul
Officer

Post by Alchemicsoul »

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:
Fessek wrote:It's probably to keep things moving. By requiring the attackers tactics immediately, you assure that they won't miss the 24 hour deadline and won't hold up the sim.
That's exactly why we do it. Even if we put a hard 24 hours deadline on it, there is a tendency to look at the battle and think "I'll give em a few more hours." if the tactics haven't arrived yet.

This way, we have tactics regardless.
AND thats why i like this sim the best...you guys are fast as a viper at getting things done right
PC: Lang Long Zhuan(26) 90-57-72-56-67, Military Administrator III, Wall II, Dash I, Doctor I, Politician I, Poison I
NPC: Nan Cen(31) 79-52-60-95-34, Dash II, Sortie I, Envelop I, Faze I, Deride I
Gold: 121

"Brothers are as hands and feet, wives and children are as clothing. You may mend your torn dress, but who can reattach a lost limb?" - Guan Yu