Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

The Atronach and The Lady are the only signs I ever found useful.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
fire_i
Major

Post by fire_i »

The Steed was pretty useful too. And the Warrior too. And the mage.

Seriously, IMO, only the Serpent, the Tower and the Lord were utterly useless. In fact, the Lord hurted more than anything else...

And Nords are overpowered. :lol:

Dremoras (And their daedric weapons!) and Orcs with full Orcish armor... nice pocket money there.
Kong Huang,
Completely dead!
And a character from the PREVIOUS version, too! Kicks ass.
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

I definitely found the Atronach the most useful sign. pretty much everything will throw magic at you so 50 spell absorption hels a lot.

The stat boosting skills are over-rated IMO. You can easily gain those stats by levelling up a couple of times >.> They're good in the beginning but later in the game i begin to miss those 50 points of spell absorption.
Zhao Ji (15)
Stats: 33-92*-36-74-77
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
Gold: 125
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Well, due to more unforseen problems(or rather, my accidental butchering of Morrowind, Bloodmoon, and Tribunal ESP files, and the subsequent re-installation), I had to start a new game. Again. (drat).

Going wood elf this time. Started off with 50 marksman, and 60 speed and agility. Archering/short blading my way to... well, somewhere.

As for signs, I normally go warrior or apprentice. I used to use the thief for the invisibility, but I was convinced it was of little use later on. Attronacth sounds decent, but I am dependant on resting (as I dont want to have to trapse to the nearest guild or alchemists for potions) for the restoration of my health and magic.

Yeah, Nords rock. Cant wait to (without cheating/ignoring gobs of mainland quests) get to Slothsliem...
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

You still refill health with the Atronach when you rest.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

I know that, but if youre main form of combat is magic, and it doesnt restore normally, you have to be rather conservative (or richly endowed with potions) with youre combat, or you might be up a creek.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Batista
Ensign

Post by Batista »

After signing up for exactly 3 months now, I am making my first post!!! I'm sure alot of yall know me already though.

oh, and if I bet video games based on the Qin are sweet, just never had the chance to play one. :wink:

Note: I posted exactly 7 minutes before my exact 3 months of no posting turned into 3 months + 1 day. :P
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Zi You de wrote:I know that, but if youre main form of combat is magic, and it doesnt restore normally, you have to be rather conservative (or richly endowed with potions) with youre combat, or you might be up a creek.
Not really there are three main ways of refilling magika

1) Using an intervention to instantly appear at a temple/shrine. They always sell them

2) Summoning a creature that usues magic and ataccking it works

3) Make your own potions

Or the (not very) secret fourth way

4) Use scrolls and enchantments instead (probably the best way of healing IMO)

And really, offensive magic isn't all that useful in Morrowind. I only really find mark, recall, the two interventions and telekenisis useful. Although invisibility is great for escaping and drain fatigue can give you some very pretty OHKs against average enemies or give you chance to escape/heal while they're on the floor.
Zhao Ji (15)
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Pyro wrote:
Zi You de wrote:I know that, but if youre main form of combat is magic, and it doesnt restore normally, you have to be rather conservative (or richly endowed with potions) with youre combat, or you might be up a creek.
Not really there are three main ways of refilling magika

1) Using an intervention to instantly appear at a temple/shrine. They always sell them

2) Summoning a creature that usues magic and ataccking it works

3) Make your own potions

Or the (not very) secret fourth way

4) Use scrolls and enchantments instead (probably the best way of healing IMO)

And really, offensive magic isn't all that useful in Morrowind. I only really find mark, recall, the two interventions and telekenisis useful. Although invisibility is great for escaping and drain fatigue can give you some very pretty OHKs against average enemies or give you chance to escape/heal while they're on the floor.

I generally dont find magic very usefull, but it can deal a good ammount of damage. Never got into the summoning or invisibility, just cool effects from time to time. Levitate, very usefull, though.
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18

Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

I usually get a ring with a few points of constant effect levitate for getting over mountains. that or make up some potions. Alchemy is a pretty underrated skill.
Zhao Ji (15)
--