The Religious Zealots of the Northeast

Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Re: The Religious Zealots of the Northeast

Post by Zhang Gao »

"I'm no Lord." Zhang Gao said with a smirk. "Some might call me a Magistrate I suppose but really I am just a man doing what he sees must be done.".

He looks over his guest. "One lonely man can only do so much. But a group of talented and devoted men ... well history has shown there is almost no limit to what they might accomplish."

A little wry smile came to his face. "What do you hope to accomplish?"
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai shrugged.

"I set out to be a commander of men. My whole life has been spent in books, hiding behind their knowledge. Now I seek glory from what I have learned..."

He had a distant look and fell silent.
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

"Well, then you have picked the right time and place, my friend. For I fear the land will ravaged by war before order is restored. No doubt many will make their name - as villains and heroes. Glory, fame, and honor for those that succeed. Death, oblivion, and scorn for those that fail."

Zhang Gao began to walk, motioning for his guest to follow him. "I envy you. To the young, the future is filled with hope and boundless opportunity. The young think only of the coming triumphs. It is left to bitter old men to dwell on the past."

He turned and offered a ghost of a smile. "Join me and perhaps we can both dream of future glory … together."
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai followed, his head bowed in thought.

"Join you? I am not ready for that, I have allies that depend on me. Perhaps we can venture into something together however..."

His voice was timid yet firm. Despite his downcast eyes, his tone had some authority.
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

A slight sigh escaped the magistrate's mouth, but he nodded. "Very well. Join me in my next expedition. Your forces may supplement my own and together we will see success on the battlefield."