Side Project - Battle Royale RTK game

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Side Project - Battle Royale RTK game

Post by Phailak »

So I have been obsessed for the past few months with Fortnite Battle Royale game. I think the concept of playing 99 other players with one winner is so much fun. I have sunk a ton of time in it and I have been wondering if we can bring the concept to a more traditional strategy game.

Since these types of games have to be VERY fast paced, my idea was just to have like an army go around the map to recruit soldiers and officers and instead of the storm idea forcing you within a circle on the map, we'd have the idea of an upcoming ultimate battle for China, so if you are outside of the location for this you would lose morale and soldiers until you die out so would force players to all go towards circle and eventually battle it out.

Your health would be your soldiers. I figure your weapons would instead be Officers you find, having 5 slots for officers each giving you boosts to stats but also giving a special ability with a cool down that you could use every X seconds.

There'd be morale and supplies that would affect desertions (we don't want players hiding).

Battles would be super simple, when close enough you start fighting based on stats. You'd have to explore the map to find the cities there left unexplored.

Biggest challenge so far is the networking. Anyway, quick peak to see if anyone thinks it's worth developing. We could try games of about 20 I think (more than 20 requires licensing that costs money if I understood correctly)

Video sucks a bit, this is early stages, just to give an idea

https://youtu.be/q0fKlA6NZco
BJR
UncleBob

Re: Side Project - Battle Royale RTK game

Post by BJR »

I'll definitely check it out later (youtube blocked at work) but I just wanted to say the concept of health being soldiers brought back memories of playing Destiny of an Emperor. :D
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Side Project - Battle Royale RTK game

Post by Phailak »

lol old stuff that, graphics would compare to that because I can't draw to save my life hahaha