OOC

Moderator: Game Masters

Shen Feng
Colonel

Re: OOC

Post by Shen Feng »

It's okay, I was just poking fun at my role last game however many years ago. And after refreshing my own memory of my role last game, the capital of Linjiang then was Jiangling anyway, so it technically still is on the map.

All hail the once and future king!
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

IIRC you were the lone wolf, this game should fit in nicely with that concept :mrgreen:
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Obligatory game of thrones post

Anyone dig it? I've read most of the literature, all 5 books and supplement books.

Listened shadow of the dragon

And of course watched the show.

This game feels kinda game of thrones with House Shu Wei and Wu being the major players like lannister stark (kinda stark has had some hard times) and targaryen.

And we players are the bannermen. House Mormont, house tarly etc.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Sure, I can see that, hopefully there will be as many deaths...
Bradums
Macho Man!

Post by Bradums »

I love Game of Thrones. Don't get me started on that business, or I won't shut up :P

I like that analogy, though. Kinda fits. The three main powers (Guan Yu, Cao Ren, and Lu Meng) are stretched thin from the war, so smaller lords are rising up to either make a name supporting them in the war or by staking their own claim and either challenging or coexisting.

I like seeing old familiar faces popping up, by the way. I'm seeing them down there in the users list.
GameOver
New Recruit

Post by GameOver »

The way the game works...it is very medieval as in it would fit perfectly with a feudal setting so the Game of Thrones reference works for sure.

I'm ready for some wars though. :twisted:
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

So I've been busy mostly playing this game through my mobile but I'll have time this weekend to sit down and set up Shang Lo's biography but ive been thinking hard developing it through what little role play I've done so far. But I was hoping someone might help me with a few things as my rtk knowledge is a bit rusty.

At this point the battle of red cliffs has already happened?

Cao Cao liu bei and sun Quan are 3 bosses in this era? Is there an emperor? Or Cao Cao the biggest bossest man in the land?

Guan Yu was the first of the 3 brothers to fall but in this history he has avoided the fate maybe? I guess it speculation that he is actually alive.

Pretty much I wanted Shang Lo to be an exiled noble his family framed for embezzlement or some other henious crime set up by some member of the Cao family(there is alot of em). His father imprisoned/executed maybe .
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

The Battle of Red Cliffs happened 12 years ago.

Cao Cao, Liu Bei and Sun Quan are the three major powers. There is still an Emperor, under the care of Cao Cao. Cao Cao is the strongest power.

Guan Yu is alive, he avoided his fate, as specified in the storyline. The game has begun shortly after Guan Yu's survival, with the Wu forces that historically killed him instead greatly weakened by the God of War, who only barely managed to escape himself.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Yep good summary Shen Feng

Mardagg asked me about training and i realized it is not specified anywhere but training determines not only morale, it is used to set a defense bonus a bit like armaments. I will get that corrected later tonight or early tomorrow
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Spoiler alert: Cao Cao dies in 3.2.1 April!

Oh awesome I've been brushing up on my rtk history in the last 15 minutes especially this era.

So cao cao dies, cao pi takes over removes emperor Xian and declares himself.

So reading cao pi life story, I think he makes an excellent foil for Shang Lo.