OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Li Dao Wen »

That's the power of negotiation for ya. :D And Baocen fled without consultation I believe? He took the best recourse under the circumstances.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

They fear Québec baby, you should all flee before our might!
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

seconded ^^^
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Agon07
Captain

Post by Agon07 »

i would agree with this....but sadly none realy fear me:(
Zhu Lizhi(15); 80-26-54-81-73/Civil Administrator II, Cover I, Discipline I, Diplomat II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Gold:
Follower:Ai Mei(16); 50-86-43-47-65/Trainer II, Intimidate I, Jianshu I, Smith I, Rally I, Deride I, Charge I
Li Ling(17); 58-56-59-76-41/Artisan I, Propagandist II, Cover I, Discipline I, Scribe I
Xia Jingsu (63) 45-62-74-54-69 Assemble II, Haste, Jeer, Volley II
Rong Ying;78-49-72-66-57/Diplomat II, Poison I, Scout II, Volley I
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Yet you still stand!
Agon07
Captain

Post by Agon07 »

still is the word...for how long is the question;)
Zhu Lizhi(15); 80-26-54-81-73/Civil Administrator II, Cover I, Discipline I, Diplomat II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Gold:
Follower:Ai Mei(16); 50-86-43-47-65/Trainer II, Intimidate I, Jianshu I, Smith I, Rally I, Deride I, Charge I
Li Ling(17); 58-56-59-76-41/Artisan I, Propagandist II, Cover I, Discipline I, Scribe I
Xia Jingsu (63) 45-62-74-54-69 Assemble II, Haste, Jeer, Volley II
Rong Ying;78-49-72-66-57/Diplomat II, Poison I, Scout II, Volley I
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

It will be nice to have at least easy capture roll on the officer of a kingdom when you conquer it especially if the ruler just decide to surrender. This way some ruler might decide to send troops to defend to ensure that the rest of the officers flee. The ruler will have to live 1 engagment to allow his other officer to retreat with no capture rool.

Otherwise we will end up with larger amount of land with the same amount of officer.

Some might say it's better to loose no troops to gain territory (it's only true when your moral is at 100), but I would prefer to see TC defend his land to get a chance to raise my moral.
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Of course you would! It's your biggest weakness at the moment! :P

But in all seriousness, the outright "Flee!" from a ruler is a flaw of this version, and I believe it will be addressed next version (assuming there are still rulers)! Alas, if there is a change now, I'm afraid I'd be quite upset about it... >.>

But hey, you could always try and KT recruit, Baocen Peng had some nice officers that will now be available! :D
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Given what I'd been told by Phailak when asking about Xiang Jun, I would've figured a defense force would be fielded and a battle would occur. That is a lot of cities for someone to get for free, and I say this as someone who's apparently going to be the recipient of one.

I don't think capture rolls should be given if there's no actual fight, but I think it might be best for there to be some kind of fight, just because. The problem is that the precedent has already been established that rulers can pack up and leave, giving away large swaths of territory. Of course, I say this as the one "little" ruler who is actually refusing to run away when attacked.
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

You did play well attacking Crim this way you can take his territory and loose ours and still have your army intact (with a moral penality of 25).

I will indeed be able to recruit some NPC in the kingdom turn, but is kinda a deception to see everyone abandonning their kingdom without a fight because the odd are not in their favour...