Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

JG Chan
Officer

Re: Linjiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by JG Chan »

Kymvir Raemiz

Sitting across from Han Xin, Yue took a moment to put his answers in order, then responded to the commander's questions. "I do not have the connections you spoke of, Commander Han," he said matter-of-factly. "Though my family has had a tradition of military service since before Qin's annexation of Shu, and I myself have campaigned for many years, the few contacts we keep have mostly been lost over this latest period of chaos. All I can offer, then, is my own abilities."

"I have served with the Qin forces in Shu since before Shi Huangdi's unification," he went on. "Thirty years ago, I was a junior officer in the army of Wang Jian during the campaigns against Zhao. I fought on the frontlines throughout those wars, leading soldiers directly in melee, and eventually attaining the rank of Lieutenant General and commanding several thousand men. After the fall of Zhao and Jing Ke's failed assassination, I participated in the attack on Yan under Meng Wu, but was sorely injured near the end of the campaign and returned home to recover."

"Afterwards, I chose to remain behind and study military texts and the maintaining of armies. I served as a trainer for soldiers in Shu's local garrisons during Shi Huangdi's reign, but when Qin Er Shi's government deteriorated and a bout of sickness befell me, I retired to my home. Now I see that a new series of wars is inevitable, and feel that I should return to service once more, so I came here first."
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Damn, I forgot about this. Sorry.
JG Chan wrote:Kymvir Raemiz

Sitting across from Han Xin, Yue took a moment to put his answers in order, then responded to the commander's questions. "I do not have the connections you spoke of, Commander Han," he said matter-of-factly. "Though my family has had a tradition of military service since before Qin's annexation of Shu, and I myself have campaigned for many years, the few contacts we keep have mostly been lost over this latest period of chaos. All I can offer, then, is my own abilities."

"I have served with the Qin forces in Shu since before Shi Huangdi's unification," he went on. "Thirty years ago, I was a junior officer in the army of Wang Jian during the campaigns against Zhao. I fought on the frontlines throughout those wars, leading soldiers directly in melee, and eventually attaining the rank of Lieutenant General and commanding several thousand men. After the fall of Zhao and Jing Ke's failed assassination, I participated in the attack on Yan under Meng Wu, but was sorely injured near the end of the campaign and returned home to recover."

"Afterwards, I chose to remain behind and study military texts and the maintaining of armies. I served as a trainer for soldiers in Shu's local garrisons during Shi Huangdi's reign, but when Qin Er Shi's government deteriorated and a bout of sickness befell me, I retired to my home. Now I see that a new series of wars is inevitable, and feel that I should return to service once more, so I came here first."
Han Xin regards Yue for some time. Finally he shrugs. "We have some need of a Lieutenant General in Han. I could speak with King Liu Bang about you receiving an appointment there."

Han pauses, then continues, "You realize, of course, that King Liu does not wield the power he once had when he conquered Qin from the south and stood toe to toe with Xiang Yu in the esteem of the Kingdom of Chu. Han is a poor country, and our King has many enemies. Do you know of those who border Han? Who do you deem the most dangerous?"
JG Chan
Officer

Post by JG Chan »

Kymvir Raemiz

((No worries :) ))

"I am aware of the situation, yes," Yue replied, frowning in thought. "However, what draws me is not circumstances or resources; such things change in the blink of an eye, especially in times like these. What is important, and what determines whether a kingdom can weather such changes, is the quality of its leaders. Even though he had not been active again until recently, King Liu has shown his mettle and ability to rise up against Qin in the past few years, and many among his advisors and commanders are known to be talented men. I believe in the potential of such a kingdom, and would lend it my experience in combat and in maintaining disciplined and well-ordered forces."

"As for Han's neighbours..." the old man paused for thought, taking a drink as he did. "The situation here in Linjiang and Changsha has been chaotic in the last few months, so I'm afraid an accurate assessment could not come from a spectator like myself. Zhang Han in Yong is a skilled general, but I feel he is lacking in manpower, and he has not yet consolidated the province. On the other hand, Zu Yanghei has expanded his territories, but from rumours of his visits to Chengdu, he seems friendly to Han for the moment..."

"It is my thought, then, that the current situation in Linjiang should bear the most attention from Han. It is the most volatile, and vigilance is necessary to deal with the unexpected."
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Cao Chao wrote:The courier brings you to an audience with Xiang Yu. Please post in the Linjiang Provincial RP to RP.
((PT Result RP))

Jian of course followed the courier and is visibly surprised to be led before the great King of Chu. He does his best to compose himself and appear confident before kneeling. With his forehead touching the ground he introduced himself. "Your majesty, I am Luo Jian. It is an honor to again be in your esteemed presence."