OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

King Tao
Major

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by King Tao »

/wonders why he was asked for tactics that are already viewable to all who care to look for them....
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Let me try again, maybe I wasn't clear. It looked like to me anyway, that they were not done with their surrender RP when you stepped in OOC and then again IC. Was not a big deal, as I mentioned, but worth a reminder.

KT, you are getting tactics because Ann has corrected the situation and allowing you to go from there. If your tactics are the same as before, just confirm them to Ann.
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Timeline might not be the right word. In order chronologically, the events look fine. It's a normal progression. I think the heart of the matter is the fact that things in the AH are going to happen quicker than you can receive word at home, and make it back with your ransom.

It's just a matter of resolving what would have occurred in the time in between the capture and when you could arrive.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Charlemagne wrote:Timeline might not be the right word. In order chronologically, the events look fine. It's a normal progression. I think the heart of the matter is the fact that things in the AH are going to happen quicker than you can receive word at home, and make it back with your ransom.

It's just a matter of resolving what would have occurred in the time in between the capture and when you could arrive.
Except of course, that such time warps happen in these games all the time.
Generally speaking, such responses have always been more dependent on the time of the players, since such time situations are by necessity fluid.

There is no, for instance, minimum time needed between postings based on what occurs in the posting. i.e. (if you are traveling from province a to province b, must wait x hours before posting, from province a to province c must wait y hours, and so on).

They had posted. Agon had posted. There was no reason at the time (chronologically speaking) to not post, especially as all parties involved to that point had set their conditions, and no fights were occurring unless someone is posting one thing in character publicly while somehow being able to plot something different to occur to the same participants simultaneously somehow, in which case that's just wrong (example: Publicly zhu lizhi captures alexoran and KT, but at the same plots that she has them attacked. Not in the future after being captured, but somehow at the same time).

Zhu Lizhi had let my guards go with a message. At that point, with both KT and Alex surrendered, there should be no reason for those guards to have arrived, for me to respond, and for me to send a guard back with that response. This doesn't mean KT and Alex's PCs would still be there at the time of the guards arrival, but unless we are now allowed to publicly say one thing while going "no that's a lie. here's what really happens to the npcs/guards/whatever", then there should be no reason to assume otherwise, yes?
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Mikal - for the last time - once the plot was noted in the thread roleplay should have stopped. YOU YOURSELF in an OOC post in that thread (grrr) argued that Agon could NOT capture your men and take their stuff without a staff member doing it.
Note: You can't just have the guards take their things. As such, any reply by me, if any, will not be posted until this is resolved with staff rulings and the tactics, if any, KT and Alexoran wish to use.
This is WHAT YOU WROTE! You - yourself. Unless you feel your account has been hacked or something. The plot is being run. As soon as alexoran responds we will move along. The same stuff may happen - though stats will change when EQ is seized.
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

ann wrote:Mikal - for the last time - once the plot was noted in the thread roleplay should have stopped. YOU YOURSELF in an OOC post in that thread (grrr) argued that Agon could NOT capture your men and take their stuff without a staff member doing it.
Note: You can't just have the guards take their things. As such, any reply by me, if any, will not be posted until this is resolved with staff rulings and the tactics, if any, KT and Alexoran wish to use.
This is WHAT YOU WROTE! You - yourself. Unless you feel your account has been hacked or something. The plot is being run. As soon as alexoran responds we will move along. The same stuff may happen - though stats will change when EQ is seized.
The OOC post to which I had already replied to you was a mistake on my part to do in the first place. And the only reason I made a further IC post was, because again, at the time, all parties had agreed to what was done to them.

I've already said my piece. I had kept it private, but, for whatever reason, it was decided to be made public, so I replied to something which I felt was posted incorrectly. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Yeah - ooc posting in public roleplay threads is private. You hadn't kept anything private.

I have to say - if everyone involved wants the plot to unfold exactly as it had in that confused way then I imagine it will when run by the rules. So as far as I can tell you and KT are just building animosity with the staff generally and the person running the plot in particular. Clearly you want this to happen for whatever reason. Success!
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

like a fox ann. like a fox...
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

ann wrote:Yeah - ooc posting in public roleplay threads is private. You hadn't kept anything private.
I was speaking of my disagreements over the whole "respect the timeline" bit, as I felt I have respected the timeline.
The ooc posting was something I had apologized for, first publically, then privately. But you seem determined to see what I say as something else, so I won't respond any more beyond this unless there's something that needs to be clarified.
I have to say - if everyone involved wants the plot to unfold exactly as it had in that confused way then I imagine it will when run by the rules. So as far as I can tell you and KT are just building animosity with the staff generally and the person running the plot in particular. Clearly you want this to happen for whatever reason. Success!
Ah, so I guess explaining my viewpoint is building animosity. Huzzah for free speech. I shall never question anything ever again, since it seems doing so is forbidden.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I don't think it's that you responded so much as the manner in which the posts were made (including the latest ones). Making back hand comments and continuously saying you are done but wanting to add the last say within the same post. I don't feel any animosity because I don't mind the debate. Fact remains that the announcement was posted as a reminder and the situation in Agon's AH used as reference for all FOUR points. If you don't agree with any of them, that's fine and it's your right, but everyone now is reminded how WE view timelines (and the other points) and how they will be handled in this game. It's not like you're going to be banned or punished if you don't follow them, we'll just cancel your actions in regards to them.

That's the beauty of it too, as staff and humans, we are prone to mistakes like everyone else, but we still get the last say on how the game is run. If we feel something is disrupting the flow of the game, we tell you and you correct it. If you don't or worse disagree, we don't have much left to us than just ignore the breach. In the present case, it wasn't a big deal but it did cause some arguing between the two parties so we had to step in.

I'm sure you could easily find some posts were my timelines are sketchy, but had it caused any kind of contention, I expected it to be adjusted or ignored, really don't see the big deal, public or private.