OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Unchained Phoenix
Colonel

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Unchained Phoenix »

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Hmm. While it was the Holidays, we're suddenly struggling with Activity. Do you guys feel that is a natural outcome from the length of the game and the solidifying of fewer major powers in the game, or are we failing miserably at something?
That generally happens after extremely long "Holiday phases."
Puyang Shuang (19) 60-45-114*-43-80*
Aid II, Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Entangle I, Jeer I, Scout II, Scribe II
7986 (100) Troops
547g

Followers: Hua Gongming, Yuan Man
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Well, I hope this general inactivity is what explains people not sending me letters (as I just joined this round), rather than people just not liking me. It could be a combination of the two though :P
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Holidays are part of it, I'm sure, but it might also have to do with the major powers being lined up. It might also have to do with said major powers seeming reluctant to engage each other for the most part, but that's not something the staff can really force, is it?

I'm the only person really talking in my planning hall now, but that's partly my fault for not sending enough letters. I got a bit discouraged at seeing 10-15 new players sign up and immediately join Crim, obviously recruited from out of game. Again, that's not something that can really be policed, and maybe shouldn't be policed even if it could be. Maybe I should be getting all my friends to sign up for me too!

No, too much work. :(
Last edited by Shen Feng on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

We'll have to see after a few turns. I'd really like to move towards not having rulers do everything in next version, players should be more involved with their own holdings, armies AND NPCs.
I think within a few turns there will only be a few major powers left and we can move towards end game :mrgreen:
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Are there actually missing KTs? Or are the rulers generally active and it's just players who are missing?
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

I think part of it was due to the Holiday Season, after all, -every- sim had an extended break right around the same time. Although, having the break extended until January 9th may have hurt some. I have also noticed, at least in regards to my kingdom, more activity occurs via IRC than actually on the forum... And I generally have to poke, prod and stab people on IRC to get them to post... My kingdom is a bunch of lazy bums...

*Hides the fact that people are waiting on him for posts for the past two days*
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

It was our vacation! But - cool vacation in middle of pacific for christmas vs more activity in game ... hmmm... I know which way I will vote!
Lionheart
The best KT Monkey
Location: I once ran away from the god of Fear and gave into despair~

Post by Lionheart »

Naxr wrote:Well, I hope this general inactivity is what explains people not sending me letters (as I just joined this round), rather than people just not liking me. It could be a combination of the two though :P
I don't know what you're talking about...
Ba Rong (仈荣) the Lionheart (狮心) (25) 91*-91*-44-65-20*
Aid I, Charge II, Instructor II, Raid II, Rupture II, Scout I, Qiangshu I

[15:47] * bond4154 has yet to see a Communist crack a good joke.
[15:17] <KungZhi> I sodomize my students every day.
[14:32] <Dreamer> Hitler is so kawaii~
[22:11] <Angelic_Crux> "You can't understand Asia. Asia is totally baffling unless you have a degree in Asianism."
[13:32] <Stedfel> My mother, despite what the beard would tell you, is a woman.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Well, Lion sent me the best letter. My apologies to everyone else who sent letters. Better luck next time?
Xe
Miss Pretty

Post by Xe »

Brother Dun wrote:I think part of it was due to the Holiday Season, after all, -every- sim had an extended break right around the same time. Although, having the break extended until January 9th may have hurt some. I have also noticed, at least in regards to my kingdom, more activity occurs via IRC than actually on the forum... And I generally have to poke, prod and stab people on IRC to get them to post... My kingdom is a bunch of lazy bums...

*Hides the fact that people are waiting on him for posts for the past two days*
Don't talk about me in threads you know I don't look at! >=|
Guan Xiuying, 15, Female
41-44-73-57-108*
Diplomat II, Doctor, Engineer II, Politician II, Propagandist

[23:26] <Aleksandr> The way you get a GF is be like
[23:26] <Aleksandr> Bitch, I don't smell dinner cooking
[23:27] <@Kern> I've gotten all my girlfriends with my welding skill, and some Roofies.