OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Mikal
Marquis

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Mikal »

ann wrote:I like the PA option myself. Not a fan of the gnats attacking elephant plan. Shrug.
I'm actually of two minds on the PA option. While I think there should be a roll of some sort when a ruler abandons everything without a fight forming a PA, I can see it happening. A sort of "ruler in exile" sort of thing. However, when should it be rolled? Does the ruler get rp bonuses for a good ic reason? It just seems too complicated to easily implement.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

If some warlord builds an army, takes a city by force, and then, after two months, gets attacked by a larger force and abandons the city I can think of NO reason why his army wouldn't follow him. None at all. On the other hand If a man distinguishes himself and is asked to lead a city and then is attacked and wants to flee - well they might be less inclined though of course promises of retaking the city might help.

In the first case I would be opposed to changing the rules to favor attackers who don't want any pesky armies around - it's imposing an artificial and OOC penalty on smaller forces to favor larger ones (or coalitions). In the second case we do have desertion penalties for such actions - perhaps they could be increased.

Certainly - I hope - nobody is suggesting that a ruler who has two cities and takes a third only to be forced to abandon it should not be allowed to retreat with his army. Though maybe they are - I don't know.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I like it in the case of Lu Shu, who had just started, odds stacked against him, decides to take a PA.
Like it less in the case of Dai, odds still stacked against him, so it makes sense to leave with something, but to not even offer a fight?
I considered it myself with Zhang Han to be honest, but it was an easy decision since he's a GMNPC and no real impact to me personally.
Maybe to get away with your PA and stuff you have to fight one engagement? Or something like you can get away right away with 0-4000 troops and 1-2 NPCs and I don't know 0-300 gold but if you fight one engagement, no matter win or lose you can get away with 5000-10000 men depending on what you have left, 4 NPCs that are impressed by your courage and 300-500 gold?
Just find there needs to be an incentive to fight. At least with full surrenders like we have seen, there are some penalties.
Problem is, it's not going to get any better as the main powers get stronger, provinces are going to be taken over. Yes people can form coalitions, but those usually work well to attack, not defend. Yin can be in the coalition of the greatest power, if someone attacks it with a huge provincial attack, it won't be able to do much.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

The idea of having to fight one engagement specifically in a provincial invasion, when the alternative is to become a PA, seems fairly sound to me, although I don't know if there's a big problem with it. Or maybe you have to go through the "eluding force" roll along the same lines. Shrug.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Jun Shan
Ensign

Post by Jun Shan »

did we just get spammed with bad poems?
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Yeah, I think we did.

Also, did anyone else notice that he only posted in dead kingdom OIs? All except for Bai Jia Le... Perhaps this is... a foreboding sign for you Kv! Watch out!
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Jun Shan
Ensign

Post by Jun Shan »

Dum Dum Dummmmmmm....
GreenFabre
Colonel

Post by GreenFabre »

dejavu duel!
Kijo Akki
BJR