OOC Thread V4

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by ann »

Xiang Yu expects you to return some stuff to Xiang Jun!
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

A field army is excellent at defending any one place, but it can't be two places at once. We knew that the field army in Yue couldn't defeat all of our forces, although it could crush any one army, so we accepted that one army was going to be demolished in order to have a chance at conquering the other two cities.

Provincial invasions are meant to be big decisive battles where one army crushes the other army. We didn't do that because it would have meant we would lose, and we knew we wouldn't put a dent in the army in Yue had we done that.

While we are acting as Chu vassals, this is entirely in line with personal ambitions. In every sim I've seen, some big ruler or rulers emerge fast enough for people around them to perceive them as common threats. The feeling is that, if they don't act against them quickly enough, that ruler will reach a point where they can't be defeated unless through a mega-coalition, and I've never seen such coalitions actually work (even the one at the end of Warlords v2 lost, didn't they?). It remains to be seen how people are going to handle the Wu's of the north.
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

If this continues we are going to have to pay people to defend their ownings. That or I should just invade every city and see if anyone to bothers to defend.
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

I'll defend my lands, but I'd rather you not invade me!
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

We need to get rid of this going into a PA option. We should go the other route, if you abandon your stuff, NPCs take over and you have a chance to get captured or something, well for next version anyway :?
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

I return! No talk about the great Qing Bu? Boo! He didn't attack?! He must be in league with the Tian's!
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Dai was kinda sad...I devoted my best officers to it. I wonder if there is anyone to come to Zhang Han's Aid. Wish I could do something but alas i have no armies near there. Maybe Zhang Han's awesomeness can let them last the month.
Phailak wrote:We need to get rid of this going into a PA option. We should go the other route, if you abandon your stuff, NPCs take over and you have a chance to get captured or something, well for next version anyway :?
Isn't there a chance of this already happening? It makes note that bad stuff will happen if you just flee! I
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I think that is in reference to surrendering your cities and joining a force, especially cities gained through PI
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Maybe nerf down the option I would say. There shouldn't be a 10000 limit, but also remaining troops shouldn't join PA automatically as well. There should be a formula based on the total amount of troops left, officers decision, ruler's popularity etc.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

I like the PA option myself. Not a fan of the gnats attacking elephant plan. Shrug.