Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Agon07
Captain

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Agon07 »

It didnt even seemed like he realised that the behing a giant part was just a way for her to her point, not actualy claiming this. Even his atemp to make it apere loyal was weak. Saying that behing near the mighty armies of chu would make any lord loyal. And his claim to have honor when he teams up with rebels to rob the people? Or his "tribute" that looked more like bribes then anything.

Lizhi: The giant thing was just to demonstrate that one can say somthing but it dosent make it true.

How could he be so wrong, she didnt hated him because he stood in her way, but becaused she didnt view him as loyal to the cort and meerly trying to use it to his own gain. And that he would willingly work with bandits, to rob other, and that he would endanger her home province withough any care.

Lizhi: Disliking you? yes you are right, but not for the reason you mention. I do not belive you to be trustworthy and that came before the henan talks. And that you so carlessly endanger Yin are the reasons for my dislikes of you. And your delusional belife that you subdue rebels when in truth all you did is team up with bandits to rob people.

She was somewhat growing tired of talking to this man, talking to a wall would be more productive then him.

Lizhi: Anyway, i feel we could discuss our hatred for each other all week and still not be done, so lets get back to the subject. I am willing to move to Henan as the court wishes, but would hand over my holdings when Henan is secured.

She knew well that he would again try to bring the "its not part of the original deal" again.

Lizhi: And as you said before, i know its not the original idee, like in it it wasent supose to be my forces to move there. And while i had mentioned that its was in part because of the trust i have in you, there are many other reasons for it.

Lack of trust was more the word but she avoided saying it, whanting to move things.

Lizhi: there is the fact that should all my officers and myself where to go to the battle, many arnt military generals myself included. They may not have much time outside that to do any tasks, as such we couldnt administer the newly aquired city. And if we did abandone everything behind that would make impossible to suply the troops and even pay for those who follow me. As opose to if i do keep my holdings, in wich case it wouldnt be an issue for those incharges of civil mather would be able to take care of things. There is also the fact that with the only income of one city, it would prove very hard to keep my forces suplyed.

That was just one of the major points, other was that is she gave him all Yin hed have no reason to keep suporting her. But she had alredy mentioned it, the next one was reinforcements.

Lizhi: Another point is the reinforcements, since they would be comming from Yin, they would be missing part of the engagement, thus making my force take the brunt of the damage. So if all i have is one city, it would be easy to use this to there adventages.

She knew well that Dai Wu would refused this, even if they where sound argument. He whanted Yin for himself and whanted her out...now. Likely to then not have to help her and see her fail, wich then hed likely use this to justify why he was the best choice. She looked at the prime minister.

Lizhi: i belived it to be fair proposal, for atless this way it ensure the success of things.
Zhu Lizhi(15); 80-26-54-81-73/Civil Administrator II, Cover I, Discipline I, Diplomat II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Gold:
Follower:Ai Mei(16); 50-86-43-47-65/Trainer II, Intimidate I, Jianshu I, Smith I, Rally I, Deride I, Charge I
Li Ling(17); 58-56-59-76-41/Artisan I, Propagandist II, Cover I, Discipline I, Scribe I
Xia Jingsu (63) 45-62-74-54-69 Assemble II, Haste, Jeer, Volley II
Rong Ying;78-49-72-66-57/Diplomat II, Poison I, Scout II, Volley I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The tension in Chen was thick and oppressive. Wherever one turned people were jumpy quietly discussing what might happen. Once the hostage from Qi was allowed to escape - and with such ease - and once the King had discovered that Tian Rong controlled this masked man Zhefu in Qi, the people waited for the explosion which, they felt sure, would come at any time. Rumors traveled like wildfire through the city. Men gathered and whispered keeping an eye out for anyone who might repeat their words to the wrong ears. In August word came that Ma Su, who had been expected by some to move against Qi, was in full flight. He had abandoned his city of Chenliu to Tian Rong and Zhefu. Many wondered what punishment he would face as the Hegemon King was not known for his mercy - and, if the truth be told, he was not known for his reason either. At the same time it was rumored that the Prime Minister had brokered a deal in Yin - to stop a war begun by Ma Su who had declared his intention to carry war there to Dai Wu, a supporter of Xiang Yu, rather than to Qi. The talks were said to be going badly.

When word of Ma Su's retreat reached the Hegemon King he raged alone in his private Audience Hall for some time. The guards, understandably, avoided entering the room at this time. Eventually he sent a frightened attendant out for more information. The attendant, who went to a servant of Lun Kui for word, returned eventually to tell the King that the army was preparing to ride to Ma Su's aid. Whether this aid was to take a further city in Laing or to take war to Yin the attendant could not ascertain. It was clear, however, that the army had not been ordered to ride against Tian Rong. The King grew quiet and then asked who had dared give such orders and to do so without even informing him. The attendant, terrified, tried to back discretely away as he delivered the news that these orders had come from the Prime Minister, Fan Zeng.

The Hegemon King stormed from the room, ignoring the cowering attendant. His guards followed behind as he rushed through courtyards and halls until he arrived at Fan Zeng's chambers. He entered without any announcement and immediately faced the man and said, "You order my armies now? Without any word to me? And to help a man who fled his city?"
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Agon07 wrote:Lizhi: Another point is the reinforcements, since they would be comming from Yin, they would be missing part of the engagement, thus making my force take the brunt of the damage. So if all i have is one city, it would be easy to use this to there adventages.

She knew well that Dai Wu would refused this, even if they where sound argument. He whanted Yin for himself and whanted her out...now. Likely to then not have to help her and see her fail, wich then hed likely use this to justify why he was the best choice. She looked at the prime minister.

Lizhi: i belived it to be fair proposal, for atless this way it ensure the success of things.
Fan Zeng grew tired of their bickering. His hope for agreement and consensus between these two loyal vassals had been dashed upon the rocks of disagreement and territorial rivalry. Now all he had left was the chance to contain any future troubles. He leaned over to one of the undersecretaries and whispered something to the man. Leaning back to speak to the lord and lady, the aged prime minister steepled his long fingers together.

"It is agreed then. Yin will remain a territory divided between the governance of your two respective administrations and military's. In the West, the Lady Zhu will control the city of Xiuwu and the townships and villages already under her sphere, as well as any new ones brought into being within the west of the Northern road to Zhao and the Southern road to Chu proper. Furthermore, she will be tasked with aiding all the Chu hegemony in securing Henan. She is to work with lord Dai Wu, as well as the respected Lord Ying of Hann and Cheng Dang of Wei to accomplish this." Fan Zeng looked between the two, expecting agreement to be on both of his guest's faces.

"In the East, lord Dai Wu will hold Zhaoge. His chief charge will be transforming the township of Henei into an expanded population center. It would show a great deal of lord Dai Wu's talent if he can make Henei into a proper city within a year. Furthermore, he will be tasked with assisting both the lords Liang Wei and Ma Su should they come under attack from enemies of the Chu Hegemony." Fan Zeng turned to the undersecretaries, leaning over to see what one had written. He casually glanced back to Dai Wu and Lady Zhu Lizhi. "I trust this acceptable?"
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Agon07
Captain

Post by Agon07 »

It seemed her proposal didnt pleased the prime minister. For now he seemed to be braking the talks and task her to invade Henan with Wei and Hann. But that left her wondering.

Lizhi: if its the court wish...but might i ask how would Henan be split then? With both Wei and Hann in this campain?

She was partialy worryed that the other two administration would claim those lands. Leaving her surounded by suporters of the court, preventing her from doing much after that would be done.
Zhu Lizhi(15); 80-26-54-81-73/Civil Administrator II, Cover I, Discipline I, Diplomat II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Gold:
Follower:Ai Mei(16); 50-86-43-47-65/Trainer II, Intimidate I, Jianshu I, Smith I, Rally I, Deride I, Charge I
Li Ling(17); 58-56-59-76-41/Artisan I, Propagandist II, Cover I, Discipline I, Scribe I
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

ann wrote:The tension in Chen was thick and oppressive. Wherever one turned people were jumpy quietly discussing what might happen. Once the hostage from Qi was allowed to escape - and with such ease - and once the King had discovered that Tian Rong controlled this masked man Zhefu in Qi, the people waited for the explosion which, they felt sure, would come at any time. Rumors traveled like wildfire through the city. Men gathered and whispered keeping an eye out for anyone who might repeat their words to the wrong ears. In August word came that Ma Su, who had been expected by some to move against Qi, was in full flight. He had abandoned his city of Chenliu to Tian Rong and Zhefu. Many wondered what punishment he would face as the Hegemon King was not known for his mercy - and, if the truth be told, he was not known for his reason either. At the same time it was rumored that the Prime Minister had brokered a deal in Yin - to stop a war begun by Ma Su who had declared his intention to carry war there to Dai Wu, a supporter of Xiang Yu, rather than to Qi. The talks were said to be going badly.

When word of Ma Su's retreat reached the Hegemon King he raged alone in his private Audience Hall for some time. The guards, understandably, avoided entering the room at this time. Eventually he sent a frightened attendant out for more information. The attendant, who went to a servant of Lun Kui for word, returned eventually to tell the King that the army was preparing to ride to Ma Su's aid. Whether this aid was to take a further city in Laing or to take war to Yin the attendant could not ascertain. It was clear, however, that the army had not been ordered to ride against Tian Rong. The King grew quiet and then asked who had dared give such orders and to do so without even informing him. The attendant, terrified, tried to back discretely away as he delivered the news that these orders had come from the Prime Minister, Fan Zeng.

The Hegemon King stormed from the room, ignoring the cowering attendant. His guards followed behind as he rushed through courtyards and halls until he arrived at Fan Zeng's chambers. He entered without any announcement and immediately faced the man and said, "You order my armies now? Without any word to me? And to help a man who fled his city?"
The Prime Minster was having his hair trimmed by his personal barber when the King burst into his private chambers. The household guards had attempted some mild form of protest, but little real effort was taken to stop the formidable Xiang Yu. They knew better to get in the path of such a man, especially when he was clearly raging. Both Fan Zeng and his barber were understandably shocked when the huge Warrior-King stormed into the room. Fortunately for the Prime Minister the barber was good at his craft and did not slip with the trimming knife. He backed away, setting down the tool and looked to Fan Zeng.

Regaining his composure after visibly flinching, Fan Zeng's wrinkled brow knit in aggitation and he looked to the barber and the other servants in the room. "Leave us. This is business between the Prime Minister of Chu and it's King. Go now." He said to the others within the chamber, hoping that they would take the hint and depart as soon as he had finished speaking.

The aged Prime Minister made a show of getting to his feet and then bowing low and deliberately before Xiang Yu. He still had a long white cloth around his neck and over his shoulder for his hair cut and was without his ceremonial garb. "My King..." He paused long enough to make certain everyone had left, then continued in his low gravelly voice. "I regret that I have become the subject of your anger and I will do everything within my power to correct myself before you, but I have no damn idea what you are talking about." His jaw set tightly and his countenance took on a stubborn cast. "I have done only what my position demands of me. Only what you and our country have demanded of me. I do not know what these accusations you throw against me are and doubt they have little basis in truth."

Fan Zeng's eyes narrowed and set with a cold anger. "I am not some dog to be kicked when your mood has turned sour, Yu. Is this how you are going to treat me? Me? After all I have done for you, your uncle, your family, and Chu? I deserve an explanation at the very least." Fan Zeng did not cower before the Hegemon King. Even Xiang Yu in all his fury knew it was not proper to strike a man of the Prime Ministers considerable age and position.

Agon07 wrote:It seemed her proposal didnt pleased the prime minister. For now he seemed to be braking the talks and task her to invade Henan with Wei and Hann. But that left her wondering.

Lizhi: if its the court wish...but might i ask how would Henan be split then? With both Wei and Hann in this campain?

She was partialy worryed that the other two administration would claim those lands. Leaving her surounded by suporters of the court, preventing her from doing much after that would be done.
It seemed her proposal didnt pleased the prime minister. For now he seemed to be braking the talks and task her to invade Henan with Wei and Hann. But that left her wondering.

"That will depend on the arrangements you make, Lady Zhu. I would expect those who commit the most resources will be entitled to the most claim of Henan. It is not for me to dictate every single course of action those vassals of Chu are to make. I trust for them to come to amicable terms of their own accord without a minister of my rank needing to always intervene." The Prime Minister said pointedly while looking at both Zhu Lizhi and Dai Wu.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Agon07
Captain

Post by Agon07 »

It seemed there was no set plans as to how the Henan situations should be dealth with. It would be left to her to find a way, she only hoped the other lords wouldnt be like Dai Wu.

Lizhi: I mearly asked to make sure it would be done acording to the court wishes.

She didnt miss that last comment, and herself hoped things would go bether.

Lizhi: well i belive i have taken enough of your time...so unless you still need me for somthing, i shall see what i can do to do as you ask.

She gave the minister a small bow.

Unless he has anything else to add, she leaves the meeting.
Gold:
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Xiang Yu glared at the servants as they backed away. When the Prime Minister spoke apparently denying everything he narrowed his eyes. Why would his forces be preparing to march without any orders. He knew that General Lun Kui would not invent such a thing - he would not dare. But Fan had been involved in many negotiations without any word to the King. He had even been involved with the minions of Tian Rong and had allowed one to escape. The Prime Minister had, he'd thought, always been loyal but he had frequently disagreed with the King.

"You claim that you have not given any orders to the army? You say that General Lun is lying? That the forces of the Hegemon would prepare to march without orders and then tell the King that they were given orders to prepare by the Prime Minister? This makes no sense!" The King raged as he spoke and paced about the room like a caged animal.

After a while his pacing stopped and he turned to stare at the older man and then said, "If you did not order them then who has done so?"
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

ann wrote:Xiang Yu glared at the servants as they backed away. When the Prime Minister spoke apparently denying everything he narrowed his eyes. Why would his forces be preparing to march without any orders. He knew that General Lun Kui would not invent such a thing - he would not dare. But Fan had been involved in many negotiations without any word to the King. He had even been involved with the minions of Tian Rong and had allowed one to escape. The Prime Minister had, he'd thought, always been loyal but he had frequently disagreed with the King.

"You claim that you have not given any orders to the army? You say that General Lun is lying? That the forces of the Hegemon would prepare to march without orders and then tell the King that they were given orders to prepare by the Prime Minister? This makes no sense!" The King raged as he spoke and paced about the room like a caged animal.

After a while his pacing stopped and he turned to stare at the older man and then said, "If you did not order them then who has done so?"
Fan Zeng stood before Xiang Yu and waited for the wild king's fury to abate a little. He was not going to address the man when he was pacing around like a child throwing a temper tantrum. A very dangerous and formidable child, but his antics were juvenile in the eyes of the ancient adviser nonetheless.

"If you would calm down for a moment Yu and listen to what I have to say instead of tossing around wild accusations and insulting those who have your best interest in mind... it might make sense to you. Now, I have in fact ordered the armies to prepare and ready themselves. I did not think you would wish to lead an army ill supplied and unprepared for combat." Fan Zeng ticked off one of the points with his finger. Raising another finger he continued to answer another address that the King had raised.

"Who said anything about me helping Ma Su? He abandoned Chenliu and his responsibilities. Cowardly at best, treasonous at worst." He had held no ill will toward Ma Su, but the man had been stubborn since gaining power, made little report back to his office and the Prime Minister would not defend the actions which led to the city's sack. "What I called up the army to a state of alert for, was for you, Yu. For months now you have been complaining that you wished to see the battlefield once more, that you desired for a worthy foe. Ma Su has shown he is incapable of administrating the whole of Liang. I called up the armies so that you might lead an expedition first to secure Chenliu directly, and then march against Tian Rong and Zhefu directly."

Fan Zeng yanked the barbers cloth up and off his shoulders, pulling it over his head. Holding the crumbled cloth in his hands he shook it at Xiang Yu. "I was in fact getting my hair trimmed so that I could be fully presentable before coming to see you and the Emperor to obtain your orders on the matter... As well as a few other matters that needed your official perusal." Fan Zeng sighed deeply, letting some of the acid of his tongue abate.

"You have not been an easy individual to gain an audience with these last few months. Neither I, nor Chu, have the luxury of gaining your explicit approval for every function of government, or piece of diplomacy that needs to be set in motion."
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Xiang Yu was quite surprised that the Prime Minister would accuse him of being unavailable. He was so surprised that he remained silent for a moment and then, rather coldly, he said, "As I remember you refused to attend a council meeting. Perhaps this was because you feared what I would say when I discovered how you had accommodated the minion of Tian Rong. Perhaps you expected his departure and thought it best to remove yourself from the public."

Xiang Yu found the wording of Fan Zeng's reprimand especially interesting. Recently a letter had come into his possession which discussed him in similar terms and which was addressed to Fan Zeng.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

"That is utter nonsense! You sent your own physician to see me when I was ill. You must know the only reason I was not present was because of illness, Yu. What purpose would it serve me not to attend and give you my advice?" Fan Zeng was growing angry again and though the temper of the King may have been renowned, the Prime Minister had an often intractable one himself. Though he was not spiteful, he also did not have a habit of conceding a point or readily accepting slights.

"I have said it all before... I did not know that man was an agent of Tian Rong at the time." Fan Zeng suspected that the man was lying and while he had been merciful, there had been hope that compromise and war with Qi could have been prevented. It did not turn out as such, but he continued to believe that the man's death would have been a waste and uncouth. "His death would have served little and by examining his behavior first hand and offering the ultimatum to that Zhefu in Qi we have learned of his true intentions far sooner. While it is regretful that the man escaped his guards and fled to Qi, his retribution will be coming... and you can deal with the traitors and rebels in Qi personally. Let all of the Empire see you marshal the forces against those who defy you once again, instead of haranguing the Prime Minister with insults and accusations."

"Have I not been active in public affairs since my recovery? Your constant questioning of my actions is infuriating!" Fan Zeng snapped at Xiang Yu. Unlike most in the court, he would not walk on egg shells when addressing the Hegemon King.

"I am the Prime Minister of Chu, if you are to undermine or question my every action how am I to function in such a role? How is Chu to achieve it's greatness? Unless you would rather take on the responsibilities of my post for yourself, Yu, do not rail against me for the failures of other men." Fan Zeng said with some finality to his voice. He did not intend to argue with the King all afternoon.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba