Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Ishy Julu »

Cao Chao wrote:"You did well at Yangcheng," replied Ji Bu, regarding Lü Tang closely. "I am of mind to reward you for capturing Liu Chang, the corrupt, disloyal, and cowardly governor. If you proceed to the stables, you will find a warhorse there. My gift to you. May you perform as well in the future in the service of the Hegemonic King of Western Chu."

Warhorse (Spd+2) given by Ji Bu to Lü Tang!
Lu T'ang grinned widely. "You are most kind, General. I will not fail you. I shall continue to crush the vile enemies of the Empire, and bring glory to the Dragon Throne, and to the Hegemon King!" Snapping a crisp salute. "I can only hope we enter battle again soon. I am ready to uphold the might of the empire, with my own hands!"
Lü Tang, 33.
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

ann wrote: "So you joined old She? That fellow was something!" The man grinned and seemed lost in thought for a moment. "I met a man from his village once. Said old She once claimed that when he was rich and powerful he'd never forget the little people. Some people way the craziest things. I guess he did get powerful for a while. And I hear he had a palace and lots of wine!"

Shaking his head at the thought he glanced at the visitor and then said, "Oh, no - they were like shadows for real. We couldn't see their faces. But the boy works in the tavern said he thought he remembered one from there.. you know recognized the voice maybe. He thought that one was talking about being from the north."
Jang listened intently to the mans words trying to piece together what he could from everything so far. lowering his head slightly jang nodded it several times before bowing to the man before him.

"hmm, a boy in the tavern you say? i suppose ill have to have a talk with him before i leave here. any lead that will help me in the search of these brigands will be something. if you dont mind i would like to question the people at the tavern to try and gain any information i can about the bandits.it was a pleasure meeting you, i hope we meet again soon."

Jang gave another bow as he awaited to be allowed to leave.

once he was excused jang would make his way to the tavern that the village head mentioned. walking up to the barkeep jang gave a respectful bow to the man(or women).

"greetings i am Colonel Rou jang of the king of Chus army. i have been tasked with investigating the recant pillaging from bandits that have occurred. i was told some one might have recognized them or heard them say soemthing. if i can gain any information i guarantee i will reward them."
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

OneEyedDrgn wrote:"Huh?" Zhuwen stared at Tai blankly with a stupid expression at her words after she finished her cup. "Wait, do you mean that was your first time? Didn't taste bad at all for you?" he asked with a slight frown.

Shrugging, he began to eat away at his dinner. Zhuwen at least seemed to have table manners when he wasn't partying, as he took small amounts at a time and made sure not to make any mess. At the mention of the waitress, he could only smile, as he eyed the woman going around for a moment.

"Hmmm... The 'rare missed chance' I suppose. I actually brought a few women in here before I tried hitting on her, and verrrrry surprisingly, she didn't want anything to do with me. But hey, like I said, she's just pretending to not like me," Zhuwen said with a sneer. The waitress who was walking around caught Zhuwen's eyes, and she rolled hers before ignoring Zhuwen.

"Anyway, tell me something about your past. Like, where you were born, about your parents and such."
Tai smiled as she watched Zhuwen seem to cnofuse himself. She hadn't said it was her first time, she had made a joke about having the basics down. The basics of drinking, being, well, drinking.

That said, by the time he got his final question, Tai's brain seemed to shut down. To the observer, it would really look as if no one was home anymore, as if her brain was really off. Her mind was looking for something, but it didn't seem to really find anything. When she came back to reality,she just kind of smiled again.

"I'm pretty sure there's not a whole lot to my past. Just a little of this a little of that. Small village, boring life, just kind of a freak."

She went back to her food, trying to avoid the subject, and not all that sure why.

"I'm sure that the King of Blood has had a much more interesting life than I have."
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Zhuwen, by the time he had asked the question, was taking a sip from his mind. He paused his drinking, when it seemed that Tai had gone quiet, and stared at her from that position. He only removed the cup from his lips when Tai finished speaking, placing it slowly down on the table. Had he brought about some discomforting memories? It seemed even someone like Zhuwen felt bad for what he thought he did, as he remained silent for some time and ate his food. Finally, he spoke.

"And hey, don't call yourself a freak yeah?"

A hypocritical statement. That was the first thing that had come to his mind when he had met Tai.

"I think you're a cool person, and I'm hoping our journey is going to be fun. But nah, I haven't had that much of an interesting life. Ran away when I was... Errr.. I actually forget, but it was when I was a kid. Wandered around not doing much, joined Xiang Yu for some years but didn't make much of a name for myself, and here I am now, wandering again."

He gave a playful smile to Tai as he pointed at her with his chopsticks.

"But hey, I'm actually going to travel around with someone. That's new. If you want, maybe we can go serve one of em lords rising up all over the place and make ourselves famous. You wanted to know if I was going to fight again right? I'll go for it if it sounds fun."
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

OneEyedDrgn wrote:Zhuwen, by the time he had asked the question, was taking a sip from his mind. He paused his drinking, when it seemed that Tai had gone quiet, and stared at her from that position. He only removed the cup from his lips when Tai finished speaking, placing it slowly down on the table. Had he brought about some discomforting memories? It seemed even someone like Zhuwen felt bad for what he thought he did, as he remained silent for some time and ate his food. Finally, he spoke.

"And hey, don't call yourself a freak yeah?"

A hypocritical statement. That was the first thing that had come to his mind when he had met Tai.

"I think you're a cool person, and I'm hoping our journey is going to be fun. But nah, I haven't had that much of an interesting life. Ran away when I was... Errr.. I actually forget, but it was when I was a kid. Wandered around not doing much, joined Xiang Yu for some years but didn't make much of a name for myself, and here I am now, wandering again."

He gave a playful smile to Tai as he pointed at her with his chopsticks.

"But hey, I'm actually going to travel around with someone. That's new. If you want, maybe we can go serve one of em lords rising up all over the place and make ourselves famous. You wanted to know if I was going to fight again right? I'll go for it if it sounds fun."
Tai was somewhat confused by Zhuwen sometimes. She knew he was something of a brute, a womanizer, even without special means, one owuld see that. At other times though, he had almost a sweeter nature, a caring he rarely seemed to embrace. It was weird to see other colors flicker into a man surrounded by red, but sometimes it was nice to know it was there as well.

"It might be fun to serve someone, though it would take time to find the right someone." Tai smiled at Zhuwen, a mix of seductive and wry. "At least that will give us plenty of time to travel together. Perhaps have some fun along the way as well."
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

"The right person huh?" Zhuwen replied, placing his chopsticks down for a moment and pondering about the statement. "Exactly what do you think is the right guy? You know, I don't care much for who I serve. Long as they keep things interesting and isn't one of those 'I only rule to serve the people 'cause I'm a pansy crap'. Maybe a female ruler would be interesting huh?"

Again, Zhuwen showed what a simple man he was. It was surprising he hadn't joined anyone yet, most likely due to the fact that not many people made much effort. Thinking over it, having Tai decide on who to join was a good idea. Despite her odd ways of thinking, he believed she could make the right decision. Or at least see the "colors" she kept talking about.

"And besides that, have you met with any rulers yet?"
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Gong Ao
Officer

Post by Gong Ao »

Three years now, it had been, since Cai Xuan had worked in a real job. As he fronted up to the small eatery to meet the man who could present him with employment, he thought back to his previous jobs, and how he had never really had to make much effort to win them. Back then, his family had contacts throughout the region who could place him wherever he wanted. Now, many of these men had already been eaten away by worms, and the few surviving were deep in hiding. If he wanted to escape this life of growing vegetables and raising lifestock, he could now only rely on his own ability.
Cai Xuan;51-41-76-82-33/Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Jeer I, Poison I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Scribe I
Age 43
600 gold
Follower: Ming Yang(21) 26-60-57-48-85 Intimidate II, Envelop I, Doctor I, Gongshu I, Delay I, Decoy I, Trainer I
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yang Yu had came into the Chu province to see for himself how the base for the Hegemon King fares, and see if he could gain any useful information that he could bring back to his Lord Shi Tong. As he did that, Yu wasn't shy to ask people in taverns and markets to ask of any talented individuals in the area, hoping to employ one to assist Shi Tong and his cause. Prideful as he was, Yu understood that with him alone, his Lord's cause would not prosper and for that he had to swallow his pride and ask for help from others.

In front of a small eatery, he saw the man that matched the description that the people gave, and approached him with a polite smile on his face. With a quick bow of his head Yu introduced himself, "I am Yang Yu, Chief Aide of the Army of Shi Tong, and his most trusted adviser. Am I right in assuming that you are one Master Cai Xuan?" Yu inquired.
Gong Ao
Officer

Post by Gong Ao »

Cai Xuan's feeling of unease intensified. In his twenty year career, he had never had any involvement with an army. The closest he had come was planning repairs for a road that went past a barracks. Yet, this first attempt at employment would be controlled by a man of the army.

"Good day to you, General Yang. I am indeed Cai Xuan, but no master. I was a mid-level bureaucrat, actually."

He paused, and words of advice from Ming Yang came into his mind. Something about making small talk to build up a relationship first rather than jumping straight into business.

"So, uh, I trust you had a good trip here? Nice weather, huh?"

Cai Xuan groaned inwardly. He was no good at this.
Cai Xuan;51-41-76-82-33/Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Jeer I, Poison I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Scribe I
Age 43
600 gold
Follower: Ming Yang(21) 26-60-57-48-85 Intimidate II, Envelop I, Doctor I, Gongshu I, Delay I, Decoy I, Trainer I
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

General Yang... Yu liked the sound of that. For some reason, the man seemed a bit uncomfortable, "The trip? It was just like any other trip. The weather here is fine, though any more south and I won't enjoy it as well." Now that that's done and over with... Yu was not one for pleasantries, and would rather get to the point.

Smiling to ease the man's heart Yu said, "A mid-level bureaucrat? I heard differently. I hear you a very intelligent man with sound judgment and great talent. I also hear that you had previous experience, though with an employer that's better left unsaid in these parts of the land." Or most of other places... The Qin did not lead a popular reign.

"I hear you are looking for an employment? My Lord Shi Tong is a man who greatly values talent and respects skills and abilities. He welcomes people not unlike yourself in wide open arms, and values their advice. If you wish to seek employment, there are no better man to work under. I hear you have a family? In these times, it is tough to properly take care of one's children. Lord Shi Tong pays his officers well, and recognizes loyal deeds and rewards them with high ranks."

Bowing his head he started, "Master Cai Xuan..." Despite what the man had said, Yu could not call him anything less than that for he is older than Yu himself, "We are in need of men like you. Would you not come with me to Jiaodong and employ your skills and talents under my Lord Shi Tong?" Yu then raised his head, and waited expectantly.