Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Trendkill
Colonel

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Trendkill »

Cao Chao wrote:"Good, I like your enthusiasm," stated Ji Bu, nodding his head. "Chu can do with more individuals like you - afraid of nothing and eager to learn. Experience can be accrued . . . but the enthusiasm - the lust for battle cannot be acquired or learned. With a few years of fighting under your belt, you would undoubtedly go far in life and far under the Hegemonic King. Once we old geezers retire, the burden will fall upon youngsters like you."
He nodded his head, elated that General Ji saw in him the potential that Jian had always believed was there. "You are too generous General, but I am greatly honored by your words. I would consider it a great honor to learn under one as experienced and successful as yourself, and would be willing to spill my hearts blood on the battlefield a thousand times over to requite the favor," he replied with vigor. He clasped his hands and held them up before bowing his head and asking, "Will you permit me to go to battle in the name of Chu, General Ji?"
Jin Shi wrote:Trend

Ma Su was pleased by the hospitality his new friend showed him. He wasn't in the habit of bringing wine with him wherever he went, it may be a good idea... He happily took the wine and half of the rabbit, as well as a small slice of the meat he had brought out, putting the rest back in his bag. "Thank you kindly, sir." He then sat down and started eating.

After taking a bite of the rabbit he said
"Thank you, this is not half bad. Wei? It's a pleasant place to grow up. A little dry and deserty in spots, but overall very civilized. I've served both there and here in Chu, so now I feel like I have two homes." He took another bite of rabbit and drank half of his wine. "Is your brother here at Court? You have any other family around here?"
He waved a dismissive hand before replying, "think nothing of it. We both serve the Emperor and the King, therefore we are almost family, wouldn't you say?" He nodded his head as Su described the lands of Wei. It didn't sound like the sort of place he would want to live, but to each his own. He was aware that, as a military man, he would go through many different climates and span the corners of the realm and must be able to adapt. After being asked about his brother, Jian smiled with pride, then nodded before replying, "Yes he is, we joined at the same time. He inherited our fathers estate and standing within the courts of Chu, which is fine by me. He learned from our mother how to maneuver through the bureaucratic nonsense which defines the courts. I took after father and saw my role on the battlefield, and therefore learned from him."

He stared at the fire momentarily before concluding, "as far as family, father died fighting at Julu, while mother still resides at Dingtao."
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Crim wrote:"My father's father, actually." Jun answered calmly, deciding against further engaging the grizzled mercenary in a debate about the Swordbearer's ancestry. "I have come of age just recently, Lieutenant General. My only regret is not having the opportunity to join the army of the King earlier and with it, the rare privilege to see the fall of the Qin with my own eyes. It is a fault I admit and for which I seek the forgiveness of heroes such as yourself."

With a quick movement of his right hand, Xiang Jun adjusted the sword tied to his waist. More than anything else, the Chief Aide intended to get Ji Bu to notice Xiang Yu's old sword, which now rests serenely in his undeserved possession.
"It's actually General, Chief Aide," replied Ji Bu, turning his attention back to the drilling troops. Having only seen Xiang Yu fight with a halberd, the mercenary general did not recognize the sword that Xiang Jun had at his waist. "Since you have been accepted by the Hegemonic King and by Minister Fan, I will not question you any further. But unfortunately, I do not have any need for another duelist under my command . . . Lü Tang is my choice for that role. Unless you wish to duel him for it?"
Trendkill wrote:He nodded his head, elated that General Ji saw in him the potential that Jian had always believed was there. "You are too generous General, but I am greatly honored by your words. I would consider it a great honor to learn under one as experienced and successful as yourself, and would be willing to spill my hearts blood on the battlefield a thousand times over to requite the favor," he replied with vigor. He clasped his hands and held them up before bowing his head and asking, "Will you permit me to go to battle in the name of Chu, General Ji?"
"Unfortunately, though I would love to take more commanders, I have only been authorized by the Hegemonic King to bring two subordinate commanders, as well as a third man to command my support layer," stated the mercenary commander, shaking his head. "I will leave the support layer in the capable hands of Minister Baocen . . . As for my two subordinate commanders, I have individuals in mind for those two spots."

"Do not lose heart, young man," stated Ji Bu, patting the man on the head. "You will have many opportunities in the future to prove yourself, I promise you that."
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Cao Chao wrote:"It's actually General, Chief Aide," replied Ji Bu, turning his attention back to the drilling troops. Having only seen Xiang Yu fight with a halberd, the mercenary general did not recognize the sword that Xiang Jun had at his waist. "Since you have been accepted by the Hegemonic King and by Minister Fan, I will not question you any further. But unfortunately, I do not have any need for another duelist under my command . . . Lü Tang is my choice for that role. Unless you wish to duel him for it?"
"I do not mean to impose," said Xiang Jun. "But, I'm not the sort who'd refuse a test of skill either, General. I've heard some rumors about a monster of man who had no less than General Qing Bu in a very close contest. If the General wills it, then I shall oblige."
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Cao Chao wrote:"Unfortunately, though I would love to take more commanders, I have only been authorized by the Hegemonic King to bring two subordinate commanders, as well as a third man to command my support layer," stated the mercenary commander, shaking his head. "I will leave the support layer in the capable hands of Minister Baocen . . . As for my two subordinate commanders, I have individuals in mind for those two spots."

"Do not lose heart, young man," stated Ji Bu, patting the man on the head. "You will have many opportunities in the future to prove yourself, I promise you that."
Although General Ji's words were disappointing to Jian he found much solace in the rest of what the General said. He raised his gaze to meet the former mercenary's then said, "I do understand, and I will still look forward to one day fighting under your command. Until that day comes I will continue to train hard and learn all that I can." With that said he gave a final bow before turning on heel and departing. He refused to let this one denial of an opportunity hold him back, for he was far to confident, and stubborn, to allow such a thing to happen.
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Crim wrote:"I do not mean to impose," said Xiang Jun. "But, I'm not the sort who'd refuse a test of skill either, General. I've heard some rumors about a monster of man who had no less than General Qing Bu in a very close contest. If the General wills it, then I shall oblige."
"Then we shall see," replied Ji Bu with a smirk. "Lü Tang . . . you and Xiang Jun here are to fight a duel to see who will have honor to accompany me to Yangcheng."

Duel Tactics to me please! Weapons are permitted . . . but no horses.
Made
Officer

Post by Made »

Cao Chao wrote:"I'll keep you in mind then, Secretary Guang," replied Ji Bu, stifling an urge to yawn, "Though I must profess that you are unlikely to come on the campaign with me to Yangcheng. You are of more use as a courtier in the Hegemonic King's court then as a subordinate under my command. Stay home in the capital rather than march with me to Yangcheng."
"Thank you for your consideration, general. No doubt you yourself will be in command of the expedition but do you have any ideas on who else will be accompanying you?" Kai asked, "And have you found someone for your support layer?"
Guang Kai, 22
58-27-78-47-81
Decoy, Deride, Diplomat II, Military Administrator, Poison, Politician, Rally
100 Military Influence in the court of Xiang Yu
98 Provincial Bond in Chu

Chicen Xiahou(22) 45-79*-48-78-51 Trainer II, Entangle II, Poison I, Raid I
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai arrived on the outskirts of Chu, his new steed a beauty in the wind, a gift from Po Huai. Though he was here on official business with his brother Dieu, he had a stop to make first to an old friend. He wondered if Rui would be surprised to see him.

He brushed down his horse, knowing Rui would not make him wait long.

OOC: Closed RP for Li Dao Wen
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

Cao Chao wrote:
Crim wrote:"I do not mean to impose," said Xiang Jun. "But, I'm not the sort who'd refuse a test of skill either, General. I've heard some rumors about a monster of man who had no less than General Qing Bu in a very close contest. If the General wills it, then I shall oblige."
"Then we shall see," replied Ji Bu with a smirk. "Lü Tang . . . you and Xiang Jun here are to fight a duel to see who will have honor to accompany me to Yangcheng."

Duel Tactics to me please! Weapons are permitted . . . but no horses.
"Very well! A duel it is!" Lu T'ang would roar, drawing both halberd, grinning eagerly at his next opponent. If things went well...
Lü Tang, 33.
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Made wrote:"Thank you for your consideration, general. No doubt you yourself will be in command of the expedition but do you have any ideas on who else will be accompanying you?" Kai asked, "And have you found someone for your support layer?"
"The elderly Minister Baocen Peng has kindly volunteered for the role . . . I am incline to accept his offer, given his plentiful experience in dealing with the supply and support issues."

---
After a long and arduous duel, Lü Tang wins.
Bout 1:

Round 1:
Lü Tang HP: 91 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 84 Might: 84

Lü Tang fails to hit with the attack!
Xiang Jun fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:
Lü Tang HP: 91 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 84 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(8)
Xiang Jun fails in an attempt to disarm Lü Tang.
Xiang Jun lands the attack.(7)

Round 3:
Lü Tang HP: 84 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 76 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(7)
Xiang Jun fails in an attempt to disarm Lü Tang.

End of Bout 1:
Xiang Jun HP: 69 Might: 84

Bout 2:

Round 1:
Xiang Jun HP: 69 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(5)
Lü Tang fails to deflect Xiang Jun's attack.
Xiang Jun lands the attack.(8)

Round 2:
Lü Tang HP: 76 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 64 Might: 84

Xiang Jun attempts to land a crippling strike on Lü Tang!
Xiang Jun's crippling strike fails to land on a vital point.
Xiang Jun lands the attack.(7)

Round 3:
Lü Tang HP: 69 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 59 Might: 84

End of Bout 2:
Lü Tang HP: 61 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 54 Might: 84

Bout 3:

Round 1:
Xiang Jun HP: 54 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(6)
Xiang Jun attempts to counter Lü Tang's attack, but fails!

Round 2:
Xiang Jun HP: 48 Might: 84

Xiang Jun attempts a combination attack on Lü Tang.
Xiang Jun lands a combination!
Xiang Jun lands the attack.(11)

Round 3:
Lü Tang HP: 50 Might: 91
Xiang Jun HP: 42 Might: 84

End of Bout 3:
Xiang Jun HP: 37 Might: 84

Bout 4:

Round 1:
Xiang Jun HP: 37 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(8)

Round 2:
Xiang Jun HP: 29 Might: 84

Lü Tang fails to hit with the attack!
Xiang Jun blinds Lü Tang!

Round 3:
Xiang Jun HP: 29 Might: 84

Lü Tang lands the attack.(7)
Xiang Jun attempts to blind Lü Tang, but fails!

End of Bout 4:
Xiang Jun HP: 22 Might: 84

Bout 5:

Round 1:
Xiang Jun HP: 22 Might: 84

Xiang Jun attempts to intimidate Lü Tang.
Xiang Jun succeeds!
Xiang Jun unleashes a critical blow!
Xiang Jun lands the attack.(14)

Round 2:
Lü Tang HP: 36 Might: 79
Xiang Jun HP: 16 Might: 84

Round 3:
Lü Tang HP: 36 Might: 79
Xiang Jun HP: 11 Might: 84

Lü Tang attempts to land a crippling strike on Xiang Jun!
Lü Tang's crippling strike fails to land.
Xiang Jun attempts to land a crippling strike on Lü Tang!
Lü Tang injured during attack - reducing might by 8
Xiang Jun successfully retreats!

End of Bout 5:
Lü Tang HP: 28 Might: 71
Xiang Jun HP: 6 Might: 84
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

Panting a bit, Lu T'ang grinned savagely. Looking at the youth whom he had recently bested, he'd extend a hand, to perhaps crush the boys hand a little harder than intended. Laughing loud, he'd place the weapons back across his .. well, his back, and chuckle, rising. He had been previously squatting, sweating a little, but delighted, nonetheless. "You're fast, boy! I could barely keep up. At the very least, you're knowledged .. in the ways of a duel. One day, you'll see battle! I look forward to charging the field with you!"
Lü Tang, 33.