Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Ishy Julu »

"Look no further, Lord Ji Bu!" Came a thunderous, belligerent sound. Iron-shod boots stamped towards the Command Tent. "Lu T'ang, the Tiger of Julu, wishes to lend his blade to the war effort!" The tiger pelts adorning his hips swayed as he stalked closer, giving a crisp salute when he found Ji Bu, should he. "I have come to apply to join this wonderful, and soon to be victorious battle! With me, victory is assured!" He'd look around at anyone else that happens to be around at this particular time, and grin. Comrades, enemies, fellows.. in battle, all of these lines became strikingly clear.

"Yangcheng will be glorious, and I wish to attend such a banquet of blood and violence." Fresh from his audience with the Hegemon King, then the Son of Heaven, the Tiger of Julu felt invincible, and powerful. Despite being bested by Qing Bu, he knew he did not lack strength or talent, growing up as an elite member of the military community. Having tasted battle before, he wished for more..and more..
Lü Tang, 33.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Jin Shi wrote:Ma Su grinned a wide grin.

"The walls of Yangcheng will be littered with those fools who stand in our way. I am ready for whatever comes."

He looked out at the mass of soldiers again and asked "So when do we march?"
"We march when March begins . . ." replied Ji Bu with a grin, "But your participation is not yet guaranteed . . ."
Made wrote:"Yes, it's me." Kai replied pleasantly enough. He had gained some confidence since his audience with the Emperor. That meeting had allowed him to distinguish his ranking in the court's pecking order. As well, Kai figured he had a good understanding of Ji Bu's character so he didn't expect this conversation to take any surprising turns. "His Imperial Majesty has decreed that I attend the Hegemon King. And, as always, I'm looking for more ways to improve my worth to the Hegemon King. As towards that, I've come to volunteer my services here."
"And why are you not attending to the Hegemonic King as you have been commanded by His Imperial Majesty?" asked Ji Bu, folding his arms across his chest and regarding Guang Kai, "Instead of bothering me about the upcoming campaign against Yangcheng? Truly . . . what can a courtier like you offer me as the commanding officer of the Yangcheng invasion force?"
Ishy Julu wrote:"Look no further, Lord Ji Bu!" Came a thunderous, belligerent sound. Iron-shod boots stamped towards the Command Tent. "Lu T'ang, the Tiger of Julu, wishes to lend his blade to the war effort!" The tiger pelts adorning his hips swayed as he stalked closer, giving a crisp salute when he found Ji Bu, should he. "I have come to apply to join this wonderful, and soon to be victorious battle! With me, victory is assured!" He'd look around at anyone else that happens to be around at this particular time, and grin. Comrades, enemies, fellows.. in battle, all of these lines became strikingly clear.

"Yangcheng will be glorious, and I wish to attend such a banquet of blood and violence." Fresh from his audience with the Hegemon King, then the Son of Heaven, the Tiger of Julu felt invincible, and powerful. Despite being bested by Qing Bu, he knew he did not lack strength or talent, growing up as an elite member of the military community. Having tasted battle before, he wished for more..and more..
"So you are the man who fought that brutal duel with Qing Bu and lost," replied Ji Bu, eyeing the man up and down. "Going to try and beat him up next time, I presume?" Gesturing with his head at the others, Ji Bu continued. "At least unlike the others, you, the Tiger of Julu, look like a warrior . . . and from what I hear from quite experienced to boot."
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

So you are the man who fought that brutal duel with Qing Bu and lost," replied Ji Bu, eyeing the man up and down. "Going to try and beat him up next time, I presume?" Gesturing with his head at the others, Ji Bu continued. "At least unlike the others, you, the Tiger of Julu, look like a warrior . . . and from what I hear from quite experienced to boot."
"I live for little else than battle, Lord." He'd nod at the mention of Qing Bu ... "Next time, he will be soundly defeated." He'd plainly state. It was not a boast, such as a simple matter of fact. Their next battle would be more decisive, and he'd come out the victor. "I have seen battle before, and I will not rest until I have had my fill. That will only happen, when I am dead!" He grew louder as he carried on, fists clenching hard. Knuckles whitening, the halberds on his back would shake a bit.
Lü Tang, 33.
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Cao Chao wrote:"This coming campaign against Yangcheng will be watched with great interest throughout the Middle Kingdom," stated Ji Bu, as he strode down the corridor to observe the army that he had been assigned.

"I wonder who is willing to come with you, general?" said one of the group of subordinate commanders that followed the former mercenary commander. "There has been a great influx of new command officers in the past few months. Some of them are pretty good commanders, though all of them are lacking in the necessary experience for the Hegemonic King to trust them with an army of their own. They will all want to prove themselves."

"Agreed," replied Ji Bu, as he paused at the exit to the building. "Now time to show these newbies what a real general of Chu can do . . ." Straightening to his full burly build, Ji Bu strode out onto the command pulpit where he observed the army of twenty thousand troops at work.

(OOC: Open RP for all those officers in the service of Chu to volunteer for the Yangcheng campaign. I want to make my decision before the turn changes tomorrow.)
Xiang Jun rode to the Army Encampment a day after his own journey from Yangcheng. He sought no less than Ji Bu, a general in the service of the King of Chu.

"I've come to pay my respects to General Ji Bu," Jun declared to the sentries nearby. "I am Xiang Jun from Yangcheng, newly appointed Chief Aide to the King."
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

OOC: I was looking into the internal roleplay and didn't see anything so here I am now...

Having heard that the King was sending is troops to conquer and that he was sending troops from his home town too!! This was two good reason for him to meat with Ji Bu, the mercenary how convince the King to dispatch some troops to invade.

He had the experience in battle and was eager to conquer in the name of the King. He already knew most of the important sub officers in the city so he when to see Ji Bu if he wish to have him on his side during the battle.

Arriving in the barrack of the city he saw a man giving orthers that he didn't know personnaly. He when to him: Master Ji Bu I assumed: I am Ma Dieu recently recruted by the King to serve him in battle. I am from (not sure I could say the city name...) and I have been traning all my life the art of war and have experience many battle I am sure I could be a great use in the comming battle master Ji Bu: we could accomplish great things togetter and show to all the kingdom that our strengh reside in warfare!
Made
Officer

Post by Made »

Cao Chao wrote: "And why are you not attending to the Hegemonic King as you have been commanded by His Imperial Majesty?" asked Ji Bu, folding his arms across his chest and regarding Guang Kai, "Instead of bothering me about the upcoming campaign against Yangcheng? Truly . . . what can a courtier like you offer me as the commanding officer of the Yangcheng invasion force?"
"I haven't always been a courtier. I do have some talent in supervising masses of men. I will admit I have no place on the front lines, however, if on the battlefield I'd serve you better in a support role. More importantly, if Yangcheng is in such trouble as the rumors say, someone that can help transition the current leadership in the city to one that supports the Hegemon King would be useful and ensure the long term success of your expedition."

Ji Bu was the type that appreciated direct talk and that's what he got from Guang Kai. Straight and to the point.
Guang Kai, 22
58-27-78-47-81
Decoy, Deride, Diplomat II, Military Administrator, Poison, Politician, Rally
100 Military Influence in the court of Xiang Yu
98 Provincial Bond in Chu

Chicen Xiahou(22) 45-79*-48-78-51 Trainer II, Entangle II, Poison I, Raid I
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Ishy Julu wrote:"I live for little else than battle, Lord." He'd nod at the mention of Qing Bu ... "Next time, he will be soundly defeated." He'd plainly state. It was not a boast, such as a simple matter of fact. Their next battle would be more decisive, and he'd come out the victor. "I have seen battle before, and I will not rest until I have had my fill. That will only happen, when I am dead!" He grew louder as he carried on, fists clenching hard. Knuckles whitening, the halberds on his back would shake a bit.
"Excellent," replied the general, nodding his head, "It is likely that I will count on your experience and your skill with the halberd in the battle to come."
Crim wrote:Xiang Jun rode to the Army Encampment a day after his own journey from Yangcheng. He sought no less than Ji Bu, a general in the service of the King of Chu.

"I've come to pay my respects to General Ji Bu," Jun declared to the sentries nearby. "I am Xiang Jun from Yangcheng, newly appointed Chief Aide to the King."
"So you are the one who claims his father was adopted by the famed general, Xiang Yan?" asked Ji Bu regarding the man with a quizzical expression on his face. "It's funny that Xiang Yan would adopt another son, when he already had three. Funny how the now deceased Lord of Wuxin, Xiang Liang, and Xiang Bo never mentioned you. Funny that you did not appear until now . . . when the Hegemonic King has become the preeminent power of the Middle Kingdom."
Mardagg wrote:Having heard that the King was sending is troops to conquer and that he was sending troops from his home town too!! This was two good reason for him to meat with Ji Bu, the mercenary how convince the King to dispatch some troops to invade.

He had the experience in battle and was eager to conquer in the name of the King. He already knew most of the important sub officers in the city so he when to see Ji Bu if he wish to have him on his side during the battle.

Arriving in the barrack of the city he saw a man giving orthers that he didn't know personnaly. He when to him: Master Ji Bu I assumed: I am Ma Dieu recently recruted by the King to serve him in battle. I am from (not sure I could say the city name...) and I have been traning all my life the art of war and have experience many battle I am sure I could be a great use in the comming battle master Ji Bu: we could accomplish great things togetter and show to all the kingdom that our strengh reside in warfare!
"Ma Dieu, I have heard about you from the Hegemonic King," replied Ji Bu, nodding his head. "A capable leader of men was the Hegemonic King's analysis of your abilities. I will be glad to have your assistance in the coming battle."
Made wrote:"I haven't always been a courtier. I do have some talent in supervising masses of men. I will admit I have no place on the front lines, however, if on the battlefield I'd serve you better in a support role. More importantly, if Yangcheng is in such trouble as the rumors say, someone that can help transition the current leadership in the city to one that supports the Hegemon King would be useful and ensure the long term success of your expedition."

Ji Bu was the type that appreciated direct talk and that's what he got from Guang Kai. Straight and to the point.
"I'll keep you in mind then, Secretary Guang," replied Ji Bu, stifling an urge to yawn, "Though I must profess that you are unlikely to come on the campaign with me to Yangcheng. You are of more use as a courtier in the Hegemonic King's court then as a subordinate under my command. Stay home in the capital rather than march with me to Yangcheng."
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Having heard notice of Ji Bu's request, Baocen Peng soon discovered where the officers were gathering and went there personally. Although it seemed that he would be one of the last to arrive, he hoped to put in a good word for himself.

"General Ji, my name is Baocen Peng of Chu. I have heard about the pending campaign againt Yangcheng. If you require help, this old warhorse would be happy to assist you. It's been some time since I've been on the battlefield; this would be an excellent refresher for me."
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Taishi Ci wrote:Having heard notice of Ji Bu's request, Baocen Peng soon discovered where the officers were gathering and went there personally. Although it seemed that he would be one of the last to arrive, he hoped to put in a good word for himself.

"General Ji, my name is Baocen Peng of Chu. I have heard about the pending campaign againt Yangcheng. If you require help, this old warhorse would be happy to assist you. It's been some time since I've been on the battlefield; this would be an excellent refresher for me."
"I hear you were recently sent to Suiyang on an inspection, Minister Baocen," stated the former mercenary commander, "You sure you're capable of marching to war against Yangcheng? I don't want to wear you out or anything . . . Though if you do join, I'll be glad to have you . . . especially to know that my support is taken care of by someone as capable as you are."
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Cao Chao wrote:"So you are the one who claims his father was adopted by the famed general, Xiang Yan?" asked Ji Bu regarding the man with a quizzical expression on his face. "It's funny that Xiang Yan would adopt another son, when he already had three. Funny how the now deceased Lord of Wuxin, Xiang Liang, and Xiang Bo never mentioned you. Funny that you did not appear until now . . . when the Hegemonic King has become the preeminent power of the Middle Kingdom."
"My father's father, actually." Jun answered calmly, deciding against further engaging the grizzled mercenary in a debate about the Swordbearer's ancestry. "I have come of age just recently, Lieutenant General. My only regret is not having the opportunity to join the army of the King earlier and with it, the rare privilege to see the fall of the Qin with my own eyes. It is a fault I admit and for which I seek the forgiveness of heroes such as yourself."

With a quick movement of his right hand, Xiang Jun adjusted the sword tied to his waist. More than anything else, the Chief Aide intended to get Ji Bu to notice Xiang Yu's old sword, which now rests serenely in his undeserved possession.
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I