Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Almost as if he had expected it, Zhuwen held out his arm for Tai to hold onto. It seemed he was slowly learning some habits of the lady.

Even if what Tai was explaining had nothing to do with his usual interests, Zhuwen surprisingly listened to the explanation with full attention. It was perhaps because he found the lady curious that his mind did not wander off. Back in Xiang Yu's force, he would almost completely block out lectures and orders by his superiors. Of course that was not to say Zhuwen completely understood Tai, but he at least managed to get the gist of it.

"So... Basically, not only can you see someone's personality, past, and future, but you can see the events of the world around you huh? That's a pretty big convenience... You know, it might be a useful skill to hit on the ladies," Zhuwen said with a sneer.

It was to his belief that Tai did not care what Zhuwen did, so he was able to express his true colors when he would normally not make himself out to be such a sleazeball in front of other women. Maybe this was another reason why he seemed to like Tai.

When Tai stopped in her tracks, Zhuwen followed through and looked at his companion. Her question brought some thinking to Zhuwen, as he closed his eyes and tapped his chin with his free hand.

"Let's see... What a King gets. Power, prestige, wealth, women, obviously comes to mind. Those are the good things I guess. Now for the crappy things.... Responsibility, burden... Hmm... Maybe a bit of fear? Can't have guys trying to stab you in the back for the throne... That's all I can think of."

He opened his eyes and looked at Tai to see what her response would be.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

Tai blinked a couple of times, not expecting such a long answer. He listed so much, that after a couple of moments, Tai burst out laughing. It was not malicious, it was light-hearted, and more at the situation than at Zhuwen.

"Oh King of Blood, you make simple answers so complicated." She looked at him him, calming her laugh down. She was glad he was comfortable enough to be himself, and it made her smile. "Tai was going more for, a King gets whatever a King wants."

She smiled coyly at Zhuwen, and returned to walking, taking hold of his hand as she continued. It was hard to read Tai, or her intentions, because most of the time, she didn't know what her intentions were. She definately brought new meaning to the term, 'go with the flow', as she went with a flow, so unique to herself.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

In the city of Chen construction continued. The city was bustling and filled to the brim with soldiers and officers and those seeking power and glory. With them came servants and merchants of all sorts to satisfy their desires and needs. The Hegemon, Xiang Yu, King of Chu, knew that the rebuilding of the city was well underway and that soon 'peace' would be restored to all of Chu. The province of his ancestors would be pacified and entirely under his control. The generals were restive, he knew, and needed rewards for their service and new conquests to make.

Xiang Yu looked at the heirlooms which had recently come to him from his new kinsman, Xiang Jun. The Dragon Slaying sword he now carried was quite wonderful. The Heaven Reliant Mantle was also beautiful, worthy of himself. However both items, the mantle especially, had been interpreted dangerously by some of these new officers. Some, he thought with anger, had speculated openly about the meaning and intention of these heirlooms. He looked at the sword, clearly he was Xiang Yan's true heir. He was without peer in battle. But, Xiang Yu knew that to wear the mantle would cause trouble in Chu - especially with the brash new officers who had little respect for their betters.

He shook his head. It was ridiculous for them to behave as if the mantle were at once a forgery and at the same time a sign that the wearer claimed that to be the heir of Xiang Yan was to make an Imperial claim. And yet that is how his officers had responded. To be certain such a sign had not been lost on Xiang Yu. He saw it as proof that his actions against the Qin had honored his ancestor and his family. That he had once seen it possible to replace the emperor was true. Indeed that is precisely what he had done after all.

Xiang Yu put away the mantle. Now was not the time to wear it however deserved it was. The ignorant would make too much of it - and at the same time not enough. He smiled coldly and clapped his hands to signal he readiness to the waiting attendants. They brought him other clothes, quite beautiful and fitting as well for the Hegemonic King of Chu, and dressed him carefully. He looked at the sword briefly and then strapped it one. It was his sword arm, after all, which had accomplished all of this.

With his attendants and personal guard he left his own residence and crossed a lovely garden to enter the Imperial quarters. As they traveled guards nodded but asked no questions. They had been told to expect the King's visit.

Xiang Yu removed his sword and handed it to an attendant and then strode into the luxurious audience hall of the Righteous Emperor and knelt to touch his head to the floor. He waited, muscles tense, to be acknowledged.

(for the Righteous Emperor - the attendants and guards will be expected to gossip about this visit however))
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

The Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, and Righteous Emperor of Chu smiled as Xiang Yu strolled into the Imperial audience chamber, approaching to a distance no other man was allowed before bowing to him. Emperor Yi had been informed of Xiang Yu's intent to visit him the previous evening, and thus was well prepared for this audience. Servants had prepared the usual refreshments that Xiang Yu loved to partake of, storing them in a side chamber until the Emperor signaled for them to be brought before him. The many months of these visits from Xiang Yu had given the young shepherd boy the need for composure, the necessity to follow the Legalist idea of secrecy (術 - Shù), keeping all thoughts to himself. It was only through this had he been able to keep any semblance of power. Emperor Yi waited only for a few brief moments before nodding his head, allowing Xiang Yu to rise to a moderately more comfortable position. "Rise, Xiang Yu, Hegemon King of Western Chu. We are pleased to see you have sought to speak with us once again." The Emperor then fell silent, allowing the right to lead the conversation to fall into the hands of Xiang Yu, all while he sat upon his throne, smiling both patiently and serenely.
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Kakirot83 wrote:Tai blinked a couple of times, not expecting such a long answer. He listed so much, that after a couple of moments, Tai burst out laughing. It was not malicious, it was light-hearted, and more at the situation than at Zhuwen.

"Oh King of Blood, you make simple answers so complicated." She looked at him him, calming her laugh down. She was glad he was comfortable enough to be himself, and it made her smile. "Tai was going more for, a King gets whatever a King wants."

She smiled coyly at Zhuwen, and returned to walking, taking hold of his hand as she continued. It was hard to read Tai, or her intentions, because most of the time, she didn't know what her intentions were. She definately brought new meaning to the term, 'go with the flow', as she went with a flow, so unique to herself.
"Oho, really?" Zhuwen responded with a chuckle. "I thought I wasn't answering enough. But a King gets whatever he wants huh? I guess that's true, but to be a king, a guy has to work really hard or get really lucky in being born under a king. The first seems like a hassle, the latter you have to be one lucky son of a bitch. And in my opinion, being a king is way too much work. So what about you? If you could become Kin- err... Queen I should say, Tai, would you take it?

It seemed Zhuwen honestly did not have too much ambitions. He was simply in this life to enjoy it, and that made it hard what Zhuwen's future would be. Perhaps nothing would change ten or twenty years from now, perhaps Zhuwen would still be leading the lifestyle he now had.

As the two talked on, the village they had previously been at could now be seen coming in to view.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Zhao Ren wrote:The Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, and Righteous Emperor of Chu smiled as Xiang Yu strolled into the Imperial audience chamber, approaching to a distance no other man was allowed before bowing to him. Emperor Yi had been informed of Xiang Yu's intent to visit him the previous evening, and thus was well prepared for this audience. Servants had prepared the usual refreshments that Xiang Yu loved to partake of, storing them in a side chamber until the Emperor signaled for them to be brought before him. The many months of these visits from Xiang Yu had given the young shepherd boy the need for composure, the necessity to follow the Legalist idea of secrecy (術 - Shù), keeping all thoughts to himself. It was only through this had he been able to keep any semblance of power. Emperor Yi waited only for a few brief moments before nodding his head, allowing Xiang Yu to rise to a moderately more comfortable position. "Rise, Xiang Yu, Hegemon King of Western Chu. We are pleased to see you have sought to speak with us once again." The Emperor then fell silent, allowing the right to lead the conversation to fall into the hands of Xiang Yu, all while he sat upon his throne, smiling both patiently and serenely.

Xaing Yu raised his head but remained kneeling before the throne. He was aware of the attendants and guards and of the impression he would make - and that word would spread of his words and behavior. He took a deep breath and tried to keep his face free of emotion as he spoke. It would not do for watching eyes to guess his true feelings at this time. Especially after the behavior of those at his Court recently.

"Righteous Emperor. I have come to tell you of my plans to consolidate the power of Chu - of my plans to complete the restoration of our province's earlier glory and power. Soon we will complete this dream which I am sure, Righteous Emperor, you have shared with me. But the time will come, and soon, to reward those Generals who have served so long in the battles. Generals like Qing Bu, Peng Yue, Ji Bu and others. They will want, and they deserve, fitting lands and titles."

Xiang Yu paused. He was quite sure the man before him understood the situation. He hoped word of this announcement would spread among his eager Generals. No doubt they would be relieved to know that reward was within reach.

"Righteous Emperor, I also wished to speak to you of Emperors of old. It is said that they ruled over lands of one thousand miles on every side. It is also said that they always ruled from a capital on the upper reaches of some river. Chen does not seem worthy. It is my hope that a worthy capital may be found."

Having spoken Xiang Yu waited to see what the Emperor would say.
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

The Son of Heaven smiled at Xiang Yu's careful wording, making it seem as though Xiang Yu's increase in power would correspond to the Emperor's own, linking their might in a display of solidarity. The Emperor, however, knew better than that, but went along with the act nonetheless. "We are pleased to hear that you continue to prove to be our most faithful and strong supporter, Xiang Yu. We are most eager to hear of your plans." But just as soon as such plans were mentioned, Xiang Yu had decided to suddenly switch the subject.

Rewards. In that, Xiang Yu was correct. Thus far only himself and Liu Bang had been rewarded for the great suffering they had endured during the rebellion against the Qin. It would not do, needless to say, to spite the leaders of thousands of men, giving them nothing in reward for their services. Surely the Chu Empire would last no longer than its predecessor if it did not honor the men who helped found it. The Emperor considered over the list of three men that Xiang Yu had presented to him. Just as he was to focus on replying to that subject, Xiang Yu moved on.

The last subject was rather curious. A new capital? It was true that Chen was hardly worthy of being the capital of the new empire. It was chosen only because the pretender King, Chen She, had used it as his base of operations against the Qin in the early days of the rebellion. Ying would have been the ideal place, the former capital of the state of Chu, but Ying existed no more. There was also Shouchun, which served as the capital of Chu after Ying had fallen to the troops of Chu. There was only one thing to be said,
"We are curious what your opinion on these matters are, Xiang Yu."
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Outside the walls of Chen, far beyond the shops, streets and walls of the city proper rode a man. Across an open field, bow drawn and an arrow knocked, his steely gaze was fixed on a fleeing hair. As his steed galloped at full speed his aim did not falter as the arrow suddenly took flight. With a meaty thud the rabbit toppled over mid-stride, crashing full-on in to a nearby bush. As he approached and reigned in his horse, the man would smile before returning his bow and dismounting, eager to fetch his prize. "A fine meal you shall make my friend," he said as he retrieved both arrow and prey from brush. Within minutes, located under a tree, he would soon have a fire burning, his game rotating slowly over the heat. He took a moment to savor the smell of the cooking meat before reaching for his wine gourd and taking a drink. As he waited a bit more for his meal to cook properly he decided to relax and enjoy the setting sun and the dazzling colors which now illuminated the sky, a signal that the day was soon to be over, and that night was slowly upon him.

((RP for Jin Shi))
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su had planned on going hunting this month, but sensing he needed to build a stronger base of support, he had spent most the day talking with local merchants and a few ex-military officers. Retreating to the plains outside Chen, he sought solitude from all the hustle and bustle of the day. He was riding on his horse out of the city with a goo demeanor, actually acknowledging the existence of the guards on duty, most of whom he had been drilling earlier. He nodded as he rode by, then turning his head out to the setting sun before him.

Once he had gotten a mile or so outside the city, he spotted a hair and a man on a horse in pursuit in the distance. He watched as the man sped up and slew the mighty beast, and smirked. "I wonder if he works here? A welcome change from the bureaucrats I've been seeing lately." He trotted up to the man at a leisurely pace, so that by the time he was within earshot the man had already started roasting the little rabbit. Dismounting, he let his horse graze as he walked up to the man. Coming from behind, strolling towards the man, his calm voice broke the silence of the sunset

"You're a good shot."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Jian spun around in surprise, having not expected anyone else to be in the area. Hearing the compliment, he relaxed a bit and smiled, relieved by the thought that a bandit would not have made their presence known in such a fashion. "Wh...why thank you, I've been practicing alot lately," he said in an embarrassed tone before rising to his feet. "I am called Luo Jian, and I've recently joined the King of Chu. May I have the honor of knowing your name good sir?" He could tell tell by the strangers stature and bearing that he had to be a warrior of some type, or perhaps a weapons smith, and so assumed, or maybe even hoped, that he too worked for Xiang Yu and the Emperor.