Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Yeh, it looks suprisingly like a JVC system thats just been released. :)
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

It wouldn't surprise me, okay maybe it would, that Microsoft would allow the 360 off of its premesis, even for home testing.

Looks like a JVC, eh? Kids, what can you do with them? :wink:
Energetic Lemur

Post by Energetic Lemur »

Hey, i was wondering if anybody had one of those games, like Guild Wars and City of Heros, that are starting to spring up, and whether they are worth the huge monthly subcription cost?
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Both are excellent games, both you only have to pay the one off fee to get the game disk. After that, there's no subscription. Its the main reason why Guild Wars is able to compete with World Of Warcraft.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I played
Sid Meirer's Pirates!
all last night. Specifically from (roughly) 8PM until 8AM this morning. And I nearly did it straight (only 2 very very short breaks!). That game is one I've been wanting to play for a long time and now that I am it's quite addicting. :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Ah, I love Sid Meyer games.

I still have Pirates! Gold for the Sega Genesis and play it frequently. Even in the age of the new next generation consoles, there still is no substitute for a very good game and the Pirates! legacy is one of them.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:Ah, I love Sid Meyer games.

I still have Pirates! Gold for the Sega Genesis and play it frequently. Even in the age of the new next generation consoles, there still is no substitute for a very good game and the Pirates! legacy is one of them.
Actually, I'm talking about the new one .... but I'm sure the old one was good too. :?
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Oh, I knew that you were talking about the new one. As soon as I get an actual good game playing PC, I'm getting that game. Actually, it's not all that different from the original on the Sega. Of course, you have better graphics, sound, and style, but I've got the down and dirty original! :wink:
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:Oh, I knew that you were talking about the new one. As soon as I get an actual good game playing PC, I'm getting that game. Actually, it's not all that different from the original on the Sega. Of course, you have better graphics, sound, and style, but I've got the down and dirty original! :wink:
I'm playing it on Xbox. I read that there are some difference between PC and Xbox, good and bad for each. Xbox is missing the walking around on land, but has the more basic improvements that the PC version lacked.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Xi
Officer

Post by Xi »

Tom wrote:Both are excellent games, both you only have to pay the one off fee to get the game disk. After that, there's no subscription. Its the main reason why Guild Wars is able to compete with World Of Warcraft.
Actually, it's only Guild Wars that you don't have to pay a monthly fee for. They kinda balance eachother out, though. City of Heroes requires a $15 monthly charge, but the content is dynamic. Every few months, there's a free bonus pack/expansion pack that adds new content and gameplay. Guild Wars will charge for all their expansions. City of Villians, which is due to come out next month, will cost an extra dollar or two per month, but it acts as its own seperate game that can connect with City of Heroes, similar to how World of Warcraft impliments its good and evil sides. Either way, both games are really fun and addictive.

And going back to one of the earliest of topics in the Game Discussion, a few screenshots for Suikoden Tactics have been released. The character portraits are as good as ever, but the cell-shaded battle pictures could use a bit o' work. It also looks like they're basing it off of IV. Find 'em here:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/rhap ... 81805.html
Xi Jing Bowen (24)
Aid II, Confuse III, Poison I, Scribe III, Spy III