Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Ranbir
Colonel

Re: Other Game Discussion

Post by Ranbir »

TGC wrote:Why do ALL RTK mods take their sweet times? Do the modders get so absorbed into the early version that they stop working just to play them?
Cause RTK is pretty dull at the end of the day. Also mostly stay in Chinese. The one for Civ 4 was only recently translated into English.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Belial wrote:Modding and reskinning is actually a long process that likely ties them up for several weeks at a time. Likewise, the speed can depend on both the real life situations and amount of programmers. Programming a entire, and generally successful, mod takes quite some time.
I meant even compared to other mods. There are many Chinese RTK Mods for games, but even then, they seem to take forever just to translate.

Ranbir wrote:Cause RTK is pretty dull at the end of the day.
I will spare you, for now.
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

But once out they are among the best. :cool:
Good things take time you know...
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

The RTK Mod for RTW would be geat if he didn't crash everytime I tried to do diplo.
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

TGC wrote:The RTK Mod for RTW would be geat if he didn't crash everytime I tried to do diplo.
that should be a sign that diplomacy is not an option and just invade everyone!
XinRaiku
Ensign

Post by XinRaiku »

I'm inclined to agree with Rue, war is always the best option. Diplomacy is for the weak! :evil:
Bei Xin, 25, Male
81-49-92-52-51
Aid II, Confuse II, Decoy I, Jeer II, Military Administrator I, Sortie I, Wall I
GreenFabre
Colonel

Post by GreenFabre »

hi ann :D
Kijo Akki
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Ranbir wrote:Cause RTK is pretty dull at the end of the day.
I will spare you, for now.[/quote]

I don't mind waiting for your applause. Seriously, it's such a specific moment in history. Perhaps if it provided China in a broader historical context and allowed for some actual technological, cultural development then it would be better fitting, especially for Civilization 4.

By the by, my favourite mod for RTW is Blue Lotus, East-Asia mythologies converge and clash. That stuff is dope.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Warren220
New Recruit

Post by Warren220 »

What's a good site to download RTW mods, by the way? I've got a few, but not exactly good ones...
Liu Bai;80-81-20-55-42/Discipline II, Charge II, Qiangshu II, Delay II
Age 16
100 gold
Followers:
Xiu Li((46) 56-84-54-63-56 Civil Administrator II, Challenge I, Dash I, Instructor I, Deride I
Wu Mei(43) 65-60-70-74-49 Qiangshu I, Scribe I, Charge I, Inspire I, Artisan I, Discipline I
Shi Tong
Major
Location: A King Am I! First PC Ruler, Now First PC King! All I can say is... First!

Post by Shi Tong »

I'm interested in seeing the new Shogun 2: Total War game when that comes out next year.