Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Zei_Zao_LS
Ensign
Location: People are a lot like slinkies, useless, but if they fall down the stairs it's pretty damn funny.

Post by Zei_Zao_LS »

I suppose that 5:30 in the morning on no sleep is not a good time to advertise... Whoever wants to can move that. ;)

And, since I have something non-spammy to say...

RTK9 really wasn't as fun as any of the others that I've played. RTK4 was better because, even though you couldn't be an individual officer, it still had a better feel to it. RTK6 was better because, well, it just flat out destroyed RTK9 in most all gameplay aspects. RTK7? They added the being a lowly officer thing. That alone made the game infinitely better. It was more original, better overall gameplay, and as previously mentioned... not overly easy. RTK8 was basically just RTK7+, so it's, of course, better.

The problem with RTK9? They took out the being a regular officer, that in itself was horrible. On top of that... RTK9 feels like it's desperately trying to be a RTS completely based on turns... which doesn't really work...

Now I just have to get RTK10 and fix my PS2... ;)
Zei Zao (22) Province: Jiaodong
69-15-95-78-34
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Propagandist I, Public Planner II, Scout II
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Anyone else notice that some of the old created character portraits got turned into historical officers in RTK X? For instance, Liang Gang's portrait is one of the created character portraits from RTK VII. I've seen at least 2 others wandering around, but I didn't get their names.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Hurray for double posts!

I started playing a really old game of mine again last night called Civil War Generals 2. Actually, that's where my avatar comes from. It's a great game, mainly because the battle system is so cool. :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
fallen_saint
Officer

Post by fallen_saint »

i have been playing children of the nile, it's a pretty fun game, i get to be the Pharoah and make ppl do all my work, there is just one problem...my ppl don't like me or at least the nobles don't....could it be b/c they dont have hospital... *whistles*
Name: Qian Xiahou
stats: 82-70-62-60-76
skills: Military Administrator, Gonshu, Civil Administrator, Politician, Qiangshu, Raid, Wall, Assemble, Instructor
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

I don't know what's the matter with you, or me, but I really think that this game has replay value. I have been gone from home for two weeks now. I come back, and immediately started playing RTK 10 for seven hours without breaks. :D
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:I don't know what's the matter with you, or me, but I really think that this game has replay value. I have been gone from home for two weeks now. I come back, and immediately started playing RTK 10 for seven hours without breaks. :D
Without any breaks? Is that possible? :o
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

He must have a good bladder. I have probably done something like that, although I tend to allow myself to eat and urinate from time to time.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:He must have a good bladder. I have probably done something like that, although I tend to allow myself to eat and urinate from time to time.
Well, obviously. Give me food and a toilet and I'll keep playing games all day long.... and all night ... and maybe ven the day after that! I can't imagine anyone playing for 7 hours without any breaks, though.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
nstroud
General

Post by nstroud »

I did nine with a break after the sixth hour.
Prefect Huang Fu
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

This conversation reminds me of the lazy-bowl from Home Improvement. A reclinable chair that doubles as a toilet, in a room with televisions and food, which I think was called the Man's Bathroom. *sigh*, old television memories.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06