Liu Jin's Audience Hall - Shou Yang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Yuan noticed the cup that was in the Duchesses hand and sighed to himself, he found her presence quite unnerving for reasons he couldn't seem to fathom.

"I am Governor of Shangdang and General of the Provincial Army. My duty is to ensure Weis borders are protected and our armies are disciplined in all military... affairs. No, Duchess, we've not met before. I would have remembered."
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Yuan Shu wrote: "I am Governor of Shangdang and General of the Provincial Army. My duty is to ensure Weis borders are protected and our armies are disciplined in all military... affairs. No, Duchess, we've not met before. I would have remembered."
"Oh, I'm sure you would've. People say I'm very memorable...Heh."

The princess chuckled then motioned to her aide, the carriage driver, who now pulled out some sheets of paper.

"So, I guess we should write something and have us both mark it to finalize things and be done with business and all..."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Yuan smiled and gave a slight nod before motioning to one of the servants for a brush to finalise the agreement... the agreement?

"Forgive me princesses but am I to assume our proposal was well received? A Mutual Protection Pact to the south west?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"Why not just make it a generic Mutual Protection Pact. Directions are silly. And...I'm not exactly sure which way the Southwest is from here..."

She frowned, rather baffled as to why he insisted on the Southwest....
53-108*-34-81-78
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

"Your conflict with Yan is something we cannot intervene in... Fei Lak has been nothing but magnanimous towards Wei and ensured our victory at Jinyang. I'm afraid if by signing and gaining an ally in Zhao is to betray Yan... then on these grounds I can not sign. If, however, such an act of war is not binded to this agreement then I will most certaintly sign... with Liu Jin as witness."

Yuan stared at the document, awaiting the princesses response.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Yuan Shu wrote: Yuan stared at the document, awaiting the princesses response.
"It's not betraying Yan. That's silly. Everyone knows not one soldier of Zhao has spilled the blood of anyone of Yan, nor the other way around. I have no clue why everyone's saying we're even fighting. I like the people up there and I've met some of them. They're good folks."

She giggled, and clumsily brushed her own name on the agreement,

"Your turn, sire. It's just a pact of mutual protection. You'd help me if a bunch of bandits from Yue, or Yong, or Yan came my way and tried to hurt me, wouldn't you? Any corner of the land. Why should directions matter at all?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

A smile then slowly spread across Yuan's face... Shu had a new found respect for the princesses. She had proved to be quite the politician.

"True enough."

Yuan Shu signs the document. Liu Jin witnesses the signing.

"I hope this is not the last of your visits to Shou Yang. You are most welcome here."
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"Oh, I hope so too. Do tell me about any feasts. Now, let me just look this over. Ought to make sure I know what I put my stamp on..."
Mutual Protection Pact of the Kingdoms of Wei and Zhao

Resolved, on this day of March, in the year 208, that the two states of Wei and Zhao will be bound in a pact of mutual benefit, protection and aid against aggression from other lands, and other forces, be they bandits or nations, as equals and partners, as sibling states and fellow nations under Heaven.

Signed, henceforth, under the eyes of King Liu, Duchess Xia and General Yuan.
Liangyu nodded slowly, then shrugged,

"I have only half a clue what you wrote here, Gibei...but looks good. What do you think, General?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Yuan Shu passed the note for Liu Jin to read... and with several quick strokes of the brush, a revised treaty was handed back.

"I prefer to deal on a clear agreement though the treaty is still the same. Reasonable?"
Mutual Protection Pact of the Kingdoms of Wei and Zhao

Resolved, on this day of March, in the year 208, that the two states of Wei and Zhao will be bound in a pact of mutual benefit, protection and aid against aggression from other lands, and other forces, be they bandits or nations, as equals and partners, as sibling states and fellow nations under Heaven.

No military acts of aggression shall be performed by either force against the other force.
No acts of espionage shall be used by either force against the other force.
Official envoys gain diplomatic immunity.
Defensive support must be supplied if possible, unless the party is bound by another treaty, at which point they will try to get the third party to call off the attack.
Offensive aid is negotiable.

Signed, henceforth, under the eyes of King Liu, Duchess Xia and General Yuan.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu giggled and nodded,

"Looks about good to me. It seems the business part of my trip is done. Charming, indeed."

She turned slightly in her seat, rather happy all this uncomfortable formal stuff was over, and played with the bow hanging at her hip. Looking up again, she beamed and brushed her hair to each side of her face, before asking,

"So, I think I'll take my leave and have a little jaunt around your fair realm. I do have a horse race to join, I believe...And, maybe I could find myself a good spar or two around here somewhere...Hopefully, I can overcome my recent string of defeats...Losing never did sit well with me, and it still doesn't."

The princess stood up eagerly, happy at how things had turned out, then gave a curt bow to the Lords of Wei...

"Unless there be anything else you would wish to speak off..."
53-108*-34-81-78