Liu Jin's Audience Hall - Shou Yang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Yuan Cheng Zhi
New Recruit

Post by Yuan Cheng Zhi »

After years of study and offering tutelage to the young students of Wei, Yuan Cheng Zhi finally decided to offer his services to the lord who has recently secured the province.

With that thought, he presented himself at the gates of the Audience Hall and seek audience with one who can decide if his services are required.
SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

After the customary secruity check, Cheng Zhi is brought before Liu Jin. "Your services will be most helpful".

Cheng Zhi recruited to the ranks of Liu Jin!

OOC: Sorry hard to make it short, trying to finish up a lot of backlog of KTs before I go off.
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

NightForever wrote: "Greeting Xia Gongzhu. It is my honor to meet you here. You are getting more and more beautiful every time I see you. I assume that also applies to your martial strength as well."
"Oh, thank you! But I wish that were true...I haven't exactly been triumphant in my most recent encounters with other warriors...I guess having to devote more and more of my time to learning about governance is cutting terribly into my time to practice the martial arts. I wish I had enough time for both, with my Father sick...I have to put my people first..."

She sighed, a bit dismayed herself, having realized the enormity of all these events and how they could really change her whole lifestyle...
"So....how is everything, your highness? I assume you have come here to settle some diplomatic position between our states, haven't you?"
"Well, there is that, but of course, catching up with old acquaintances would be nice. But anyways, I guess it's time we get down to the business part so that we can have more time to enjoy the pleasantries. Alliances don't write themselves, do they?"

She chuckled as she looked at the Lord of Wei.

"So, how should we write this, then? What would you like to call your formal relationship with the State of Zhao?"
Last edited by RuffRydeR on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

"So, how should we right this, then? What would you like to call your formal relationship with the State of Zhao?"
OOC: I will be off for a while, so I will let Yuan Shu handle this from here. Bascially, I am of the mind that we let actions speak for themselves. I am leaning towards a Non-aggression pact and perhaps a mutual defence against the Qin factions to the SW. Right now I do not think Wei can afford to intervene directly in your quarrel (dunno why you guys are swatting each other anyway ><) with Yan, we will be wiped out with the batt of an eye."
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

OOC: Yuan Shu unexpectedly pops up in a RP again. Yay. :D

Yuan Shu had followed Wu Weilong into the Audience Hall to greet Shou Yangs new guest. It was rare to see any diplomat within the Halls nevermind one of royalty. Yuan Shu had listened to the conversations that took place and with the permission of the Marquis, Yuan spoke

"I am honoured by your visit Duchess" Yuan Shu bows "The Wei province has known only months of battle and has seen little peace in its time. The recent events at Jinyang has fortified our position in the north, for now. Though with recent rumours spreading of a new threat to the south... there comes a time when one can no longer continue to stand alone. The grand State of Zhao and the Kingdom of Wei have co-existed peacefully and without... conflict of interest. On this basis alone such a relationship can be built upon." Shu smiles at the Duchess before continuing to speak further. "At such a hostile time where war is rife... friendships are more important than ever, are they not? What I'm trying to say is, why not make our standing more official? Lord Liu Jin and I have discussed possibilities of a Mutual Defence Pact in order to strengthen our south western borders. Such rumors should never be ignored and I personally believe both our peoples would benefit from this agreement. Would such a declaration interest the State of Zhao?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Now that she wasn't the one using big words, she found herself slightly lost by them, and confused as well.But slowly, she nodded, her gaze rather blank, before blinking and muttering sheepishly,

"Uh, yeah...We'll...err, we are interested in such a pact. I think. I do have a question though...Exactly what do you plan to do with the state of Dai now? I've heard tell of a merger once Jin Yang was seceded to your rule. Or...maybe I should go North and find out myself, wouldn't you think?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

There was a long pause and Yuan Shu felt awkward in the silence and kept his response brief. Uncertainty was growing in his mind as to the purpose of the Duchesses visit.

"Dai will be part of the Kingdom of Wei as agreed by its Prefect. The province will be under the jurisdiction of Liu Jin. The two provinces will be united as one."
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"Kingdom of Wei? Why, congratulations? I didn't know the Lord Liu was declaring his Kingship..."

Liangyu bristled with excitement at the affair, but then pondered if her schedule was to tight to come...

"I trust there will be a feast to celebrate or some other grand occasion? It's kind of awkward though...I was trying to gauge how must interest there might be in attending a celebration in Yin here...especially among duelists. It's...well, something Father has been planning...But he's sick and all. I'm trying to do it to cheer him up..."
53-108*-34-81-78
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Yuan was lost for words but nodded to the Duchesses further questions.

"I... errr, yes I expect there will be a celebration... perhaps you can discuss such events closer to the date. The details are lost to me at such an early stage."

Shu was beginning to struggle with the friendly chatter for he was not used to such an exchange. Yuan dealt with matters objectively - his routine tasks required it so.

"Hm, I hope your father gets well soon. Would you like some tea?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Yuan Shu wrote: "Hm, I hope your father gets well soon. Would you like some tea?"
"Uh...I already have some..."

And she continued to sip from the cup of tea already given to her earlier...

"So, uh, tell me, exactly what do you do for the esteemed Master Liu? I suppose we haven't met before, right?"
53-108*-34-81-78