Liu Jin's Audience Hall - Shou Yang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

The pale winter morning paints the buildings of Shouyang with light and promises. Everything is in calm now.
So no one notices the arrival of a stranger.
He dismounts near the gate and comes directly to the guards. Six feet of a threatening, maybe just stupid, smile stands in front of them.

"I'm Tangxi Zhuo". A deep, hoarse voice.

"Bring me to your Lord", while showing a letter, as a proof of Liu Jin request. The guards don't need more than a instant to recognize the stamp.
After the compulsory security search to remove offensive weapons, Tangxi is brought before Liu Jin.

"Good day my friend, I was hoping to see you soon. Since we are both men of actions, nto mere words, I will be straight to the point, tell me is there anything I can do to convince you to join our crusade to bring peace to the middle kingdom?"
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
Urdun
New Recruit

Post by Urdun »

Tangxi nods. He looks Lin in the eyes.

"My Lord Jiu Lin, you know me... you know us. When you asked for me you did it for a reason. As you say, I'm a men of action. So is your plots, those which have brought me to you, what is the most convincing speech. I'm here to materialize the effective and enthusiastic adhesion of both myself and my clan to your noble undertaking. 1600 men are ready and eager to be useful to my Lord... even for the most bloody and unworthy tasks".
Last edited by Urdun on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tangxi Zhuo
76-86-50-58-49
Propagandist I Discipline I Pierce II Raid III Intimidate II
SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

"I thank you for answering my call, and on behalf of all in the kingdom, welcome you. Ah Niu here will show you to your new residnece, after you have settled in, please find time to visit Master Wu Weilong who will brief you on the current situation."

Tangxi recruited. Please post your Officer Info in the kingdom thread. PH access will be granted shortly.

kingdom OI thread:
http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 8&start=10
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Shinpusan wrote:Re Sui had been informed by an attendant that a very important guest had arrived. The man he had corresponded with during the campaign for Shangdang, Zhao Yue's ex-vassal, Xun Ruishi. After he had been informed, Sui made his way hastily to the gates of the compound. He had arrived in time to happen upon the scene unfolding. Sui shook his head, he had hoped he would have been able to get there before the guards had dishonored his guest; sadly, it was not to be so. He approached the guards, his voice stern, "Stand down, this is my guest. I appreciate you for doing your jobs, but you need not insult him so."

He then turned to his guests and bowed respectfully to them. "I apologize for their apprehension, things have been... hectic as of late, much is going on. I am Re Sui, and I am pleased that you have come Master Xun, you and your guests are welcome, do not mind the others. Please, if you would follow me, I will lead you to my office." Assuming they followed, Sui leads them into his office where Huan Sheng was waiting, standing by Sui's desk. Sheng bowed low to his foster father's visitors and offered them a slight smile.

Sui sat down and motioned for Ruishi and his comrades to sit as well. Sui preferred things to be casual, rigid professionalism was necessary, but not when entertaining. Sui cleared some papers from his desk and cleared his throat. "So, I see you received my letter and have made it out of Shangdang safely. I am pleased that this is so. Now, I suppose that we should get down to business: what may I do for you today gentlemen?"
Xun: Well I can see there may be some hope for this place after all.

Xun and his crew of officers followed the man to his office, after a bit of gruff mumbling from the crew's leader. They sat down, as directed and went about looking around boredly, except the eldest of the group who stared uncomfortably at Re Sui.

Xun: Well quite frankly...I want a new job. I have things to do and I've decided that I need a salary and rank in order to accomplish it, properly. I've just recently come from being Zhao Yue's chief military official and my captain here was a Liuetenant General.

He pointed to the burly figure behind him, who suddenly snapped back reality for but a moment to give the man a strange smile, before staring off into space again.

Xun: I served the Qin for more years than your master has been alive, so my skill and experience speaks for itself. What kind of appointments might you be able to offer me?

He seemed to agree that getting right down to business was the best thing to do.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
Shinpusan
Colonel
Location: Someone retired on the tithes that paved these roads.

Post by Shinpusan »

Sui smiled at the man's comment, his gruff nature was somewhat... charming to Sui, in some odd way he couldn't really explain. After they had taken their seats, Xun Ruishi began to speak about his intentions for coming. He spoke of employment which the minister was glad to hear. The man's reasons for needing employment mattered little to Sui, as he simply knew the man's experience and military savvy would be extremely beneficial to their faction's cause. The man also spoke of his service under Zhao Yue, which seemed to be of little importance as well, seeing as how Yue failed to efficiently use the man sitting before Sui.

Nodding, Sui spoke calmly, "I too served the Qin when it was still a respectable government. In fact I even led the construction of most of the villages in Wei, a minor achievement, but testament to my service all the same; not that any of that matters currently. As for your previous standing in Zhao Yue's forces, we cannot currently give you such a position, as my liege is still only a prefect. But rest assured, that with the consolidation of Wei, there will be more ranks opening up to those who deserve them, and you, sir, seem to be a veteran more than worthy of an official appointment.

"Though, this must be worked for currently, I am sure that you of all people would not mind some work, seeing as you received so little under your previous employer. I wish that I could tell you that there was a great appointment waiting for you upon your enlisting into our forces, but the situation is not as such. Do know this, though, Prefect Liu, even in youth such as his, respects talent and if you show him yours, there is little doubt in my mind that you will not go unnoticed. He is... different, than most. He treats his vassals and men like family. I have not encountered such in my time. He has accomplished much in a little amount of time, I do not think that you would be disappointed in his service, Master Xun.

"Besides...",Sui smirked,"I could use the company of some older fellows around here. I can't be the only one to keep these young optimists in line around here."

Sui stared at the man somewhat blankly, he spoke honest words to the him, for he was a man of blunt honesty, that much was already apparent. He hoped that Xun Ruishi would listen to his words, rather than dismiss them after having heard that no appointment could be given at the present time. He had faith that the elder man would have the patience needed to make this situation into a positive one.
Last edited by Shinpusan on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The old general frowned at the man's words, more so as he spoke on.

Xun: Your master and Lord Zhao share much in common...

That fact he didn't seem very happy about.

Xun: Ambitious young men who lack the experience to make use of their effervesence.

He shook his head and sighed.

Xun: And unfortunately, you are wrong. The less work I have to do, the better. I was supposed to retire to my home in the southlands, but the Qin fell apart and I lost my post as General in the shuffle of government auspices. The idea of sucking up to some punk with little more than a 'grand scheme' to become a captain or a member of some minor secretariat does not sit well in my mind. Going from commanding ten thousand men to guarding a lone stable or some tomfoolery like that would benefit no one, especially not myself.

He leaned forward in his seat and mindlessly rubbed his damaged leg.

Xun: Why do you think I joined that rascal, Zhao, in the first place? He promised me a fortune and a post that was arguably higher than my old one, complete with land grants. Unfortunately living in a dusty mold-ridden shack for so long made him a useless human being and he was too sick to even send orders on what he wanted the army to do. I almost didn't get your message, actually...I'd already left the city before the invasion had occured. Luckily my men were still a part of his army and sought me out to give me the communique.

He leaned back in his seat and shook his head again. The fact that his former subordinates had been slaughtered by Re Sui's master didn't seem to make him like the boy much more, either.

Xun: I'm willing to work as hard as I'm indebted, but I'm beyond the point of scratching at the wall to get a hold of the brass ring.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
Shinpusan
Colonel

Post by Shinpusan »

Hmm, seems I went the wrong way with this one. Oh well, time to get serious. Sui nodded at the man's words, chuckling slightly at his own folly in regards to his choice of words. "I see I've taken this in the wrong direction. Forgive me, it is, I suppose, the preliminary way to go. It makes my life easier if those who come looking for employment go along with that whole work hard and get just rewards scenario. I apologize for underestimating you so. In any case, I suppose it's now time to actually offer you something.

"You see, I would never put someone of your standard anywhere near a stable, unless it was to retrieve a horse for you to ride into battle. A respected Qin general would never be disrespected so here. We are going to consolidate power within Wei, you see Master Xun. This means there is going to be quite a good bit of land for those who are capable of doing something with it. Your record clearly shows that we would be wise in putting you in a place where you could use your experience to good measure. I doubt my lord would fail to see such a thing either."

Sui stated all of this bluntly, no smiles or pleasantries; he was doing business. He knew that Xun Ruishi would be an invaluable asset, he had both the skill and the years to back up his worth, this was something one did not come across often. After a few moments of silence, he cleared his throat, preparing to speak. "Hmm, I can offer you plenty of things, but I'd rather know what you'd like in return for your services. That would make things go much faster."
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The old man, just as bluntly, spoke of his 'necessities'.

Xun: I require a General's rank for myself, and at least the post of Chief Aide or District Justicier for one of my men. I want to be promised the rank of Magistrate over the next territory Lord Liu takes steps into, to be granted upon the capture of the first city in that territory. My liuetenants with me here, today, will remain with me as my vassals during my time of service.

He crossed his arms and took a deep breath.

Xun: I also require a new halberd for my captain, and a stipend of no less than 65 Taels a month, or greater than the stipend of any other military official...whichever happens to be more.

He raised his eyebrows and cleared his throat, apbrubtly.

Xun: Its less than Zhao Yue offered to get me to enlist, so I feel its more than generous.
Followers:

Shinpusan
Colonel

Post by Shinpusan »

Sui listened as the man spoke, clearly a man more self-important than he was surely a rare find. The man went on stating plainly what he expected from Sui and Prefect Liu. Sui could understand why a veteran of many years would expect a lot for his services. But what he was asking for was almost unbearably insulting. After the man had finished speaking, Sui sat silent for a moment; he wasn't necessarily upset, just exasperated at the man's requests. So, finally finding any words to speak, he did just that. With a pleasant smile upon his face, he began.

"Hmm, well, I am glad that you took the time to come and visit me, despite all the confusion going on. I'm afraid that what you ask is not plausible, and to some, might be found as highly insulting. I understand that you are a veteran of some merit, but that will not be enough for your demands to be met. I wish something could have been agreed on, Master Xun. In any case, you and your companions may take your leave."
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The old general raised an eyebrow, not even an attempt to negotiate. Naturally, to serve such a child as this Liu Jin fellow, the man must not be as competant as he clings to.

Xun: Insulting? You called me here...but very well, I shall be off.

With that he rose to his feet and his men came to attention in unison.

Xun: Those who see politics at the cost of truth are deemed to fail; but thats of no concern of mine anymore.

With that he saluted the man and made to leave with his lieutenants.
Followers: