Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

VincentStClaire
Officer

Post by VincentStClaire »

Liu Yan had wandered the land for many years, he preferred the life of a hermit. Only leaving his house of study to watch a few of the many battles that stretched across the land. He had known of the chaos that was enveloping the hand, he had even predicted such a thing would happen several years beforehand. He had waited until he saw the kingdom lines being drawn. He had watched, looking for the right lord, not a foolish tyrant.

Several had fallen, all of which were fools, or tyrants in their own right. Hypocrites were abundant as well.

He had heard of the battle in Changsha, it was this battle that brought him to the capital, where Lin Xin resided. He scanned the place, his silver armor gleaming in the sun. The people seemed happy, this was a good sign. Lin Xin seemed a fair man, given trial after trial each of which he passed. He seemed worthy to control the land, over coming betrayal, and even tyrants.

Liu Dan brushed the green cloth that had momentarly blown across his face, he saw the guards and approached them, to say he wasn't nervous would be wrong. It was the first time he had chosen to leave the comfort of his home, and step into a much larger world.

He may be a genius on the battle field, but his shy and even anxious nature at times got the better of him. He took in a deep breath and spoke up.

"Hello, I am Liu Dan. I request a meeting with your lord."
Kiran Ashok
48-16-90-82-45
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Doctor I, Public Planner II, Propagandist I, Scribe II
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

VincentStClaire wrote:"Hello, I am Liu Dan. I request a meeting with your lord."
The guards snap to attention as the man approaches, but with more bounce than usual as they are still glowing from the great victory in Changsha. Shift Commander Wen looks over his list of invited guests and did not find Liu Dan's name. Nevertheless, he greeted the visitor and said, "Welcome Master Liu. A cursury search for hidden weapons is requirement prior to entrance. Also, I don't believe the Marquis is expecting you. Could you give us a little bit of background so we can alert our lord before being granted an audience?"
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
VincentStClaire
Officer

Liu Dan nodded, "My spear here is the only weapon I carry," he pulled his spear from his back and handed it over to one of the guards, "Please be careful with her." he then shifted his shoulder cracking it a little, "As for my background, I was mainly by father, he was a general, up until five years ago I would work with him. But then he died, and I've been wandering since, not far from my home though. I'm afraid there isn't allot to say about me. I must say though, your victory in Changsha was brilliant. I'm sure the people feel liberated from that fool Tiashi.
Kiran Ashok
48-16-90-82-45
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Doctor I, Public Planner II, Propagandist I, Scribe II
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Wen visibly puffed as Dan praised the victory in Changsha. "Yes. I heard it was a glorious battle. My only regret is that I wasn't able to be there with them, as I must protect the gates for my lord. Please follow the servant Master Liu. He will take you to the Marquis."

The servant leads Dan to Xin's public office. After opening the door and announcing the guest, he steps aside to allow the strategist to enter.

The Marquis of Yue looked weary but happy as he stood to greet Dan. "Welcome, welcome, Master Liu. Please have a seat."

After they're both settled and tea was served, Xin asks, "So what brings you to Panyu? I hear you have shown interest in my victory in Changsha?"
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
VincentStClaire
Officer

"Indeed I have my lord," he smiled, "I find battles exhilarating, I study them in fact." he sighed a bit, "It was only unfortunate I was unable to reach changsha before the battle." he smiled, "I study the land you see, the politics, the relations between kingdoms. From such studies I've determine who would attack who, and where the two armies may meet. I bore witness to your battle with that coward who's name I will not utter. The man who would attack you under a flag of truce. Something I hear Tiashi himself did as well." he shook his head.

"That was a fine battle, that could have gone both ways to be quite frank." he smiled once again, "It was that battle that got me interested in you. The fact that you were able to escape from that trap was a sure sign from the heavens. Followed quickly by another one, the Raven Wind mercenaries switching sides because of what happened." he laughed, "By being a victim you gained the loyalty of mercenaries." he quickly caught his words, "I of course mean no offense, simply stating what happened. Of course keeping there loyalty was because of your character." he was ranting on, he did this when he got nervous.

'I'm sorry," he took a deep breath, "To sum up what I just said, you're a good man and that is why I am here." he began again, much slower this time, "My father was a general, I learned everything of battle from him. But, I was far to weak to be a warrior. So I learned the strategies of battle." he thought quickly of his father, holding back the sadness that usually enveloped him, "That is why I seek out battles, to study them, create scenarios of I was leading the men, and so forth. It's...sort of a hobby." he gave a chuckle, "But...I've been wandering too long, it's been five years since my father died, and so far I've only trained my talents, not put them to good use."

He paused for a few seconds.

"I'm looking for a ruler, a just one. As you were on the top of my list I came here first."
Kiran Ashok
48-16-90-82-45
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Xin tapped his fingers upon the cup while listening to Dan speak before bringing it to his lips. After taking sip, he nods and say, "Interesting observations you have. I see you have an eye for the reasons behind events."

Setting his cup down, Xin leans forward a bit. "So tell me Master Liu, based on your observations, how do you view my current position and what may be my biggest threats in the near future?"
VincentStClaire
Officer

Dan thought for a few moments, "If I'm not wrong the former lord Taishi had sought out aid from Sima Shing. Correct?" he pondered on this, "Sima Shing will be hard to win over, a future conflict may be necessary. If he was willing to aid Taishi against such odds, then I fear he may never look upon you as a friend. No matter how powerful you are. Once seeds of deceit and treachery are planted they are hard to uproot."

He continued thinking, imaging the world they knew it in his mind, "Pang Ai seems a reasonable man, and his force is too meager to affect you in anyway. I've heard Pang Li's forces, the foolish religious movement, is currently besieged by Yi Lian." he smiled, "No doubt you both planned these provincial campaigns to occur side by side." his brow furrowed a bit, "Yi Lian is troubling sire. I'm know you see her as an ally...but...I have my doubts on her character..." he sighed, "An ally she may be now, but watch her like a hawk you must."

"Sima Shing is your greatest threat, he showed his allegiance when he pledged to send aid to the late Marquis of Changsha, and I have no doubt he will never look upon with friendly eyes."
Kiran Ashok
48-16-90-82-45
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Leaning back, Xin smiled as he listened to the young man's words. "You're description of the situation is accurate," the Marquis replied, obviously pleased with the strategist's knowledge. "It is always prudent to be as prepared as possible for unforeseen circumstances, even in seemingly stalwart allies. Of course, the threat is minimal as long as the relationship is mutually beneficial, eh?"

Xin saw the issue with Sima Shing as pretty cut and dry. It all hinges on how successful his current diplomatic mission is. However, the situation with Yi Lian, as Liu Dan depicted, is much more complicated, especially with the recent incursions by Chu. "Have you heard of Chen She's march towards Shou Chun? I don't know if you follow events that far north, but how do you think that will affect Marquis Yi's relationship with me?"
VincentStClaire
Officer

Liu Yan sighed, "I won't lie, as much as the Marquis of Changsha had to be...taken care of it has put your forces in the middle of the hornets nest." he looked around, "I'm sorry may I bother for tea?" he smiled and continued talking after a response was given. "As I was saying, with the Marquis of Changsha dead Sima Shing is looking upon you with hatred no doubt. However he knows he has not the force to attack you. You mentioned Yi Lian and Chen She. I have heard of this, and so many scenarios come to my mind." he cracked his knuckles, "One is that she will try to claim Chu through diplomacy, and allying herself with a new ruler of Chu. This would not be good for you, right now your only ally that carries any power is Yi Lian, and to say you are great allies would be fool hearty. It is a alliance of convenience. She needs you now, to protect her. But if she gains Chu, you will no longer be "useful" to her. You will trapped in a corner, surrounded by both Yi Lian and Sima Shing. And if you move to attack Sima Shing, Yi Lian will surely attack you, the same goes if you attack yi Lian, Sima Shing is only a fool when it comes to friends."

Dan coughed and then continued to stare at the imaginary map in his head. "Right now She attacks Heavens Orchard, no doubt her plans have changed and she will not be keeping those two cities. No she will present them as a gift." he smiled, "She is smart. But this will not help you." He sighed, "You're in a difficult position, I would suggest an allegiance with Sima Shing, for the time being, but he would never accept such a thing. He would accept however a treaty stating now offensive movements are to be made between the two forces. But I have no doubt he would break it the minute he had the chance." He was rambling on again.

"I'm sorry, your question was how would the relations between you and Yi Lian be affected...badly I would say. If she can place a new leader in Chu her eyes would move toward you, as you are stuck in a corner."
Kiran Ashok
48-16-90-82-45
IronFist
Officer

Post by IronFist »

A man enters the city with the permission of the administrator to bring along his personal army which stationed outside alongside with his officers. The man walked to the guards with scruffy hair and dark eye bags as if the man is facing some hardship in his life. He then announced himself 'I am Feng Wei of Hann, i am here on business. Quickly show me your lord...' He then permitted any search needed