Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The guards inspect the box and their eyes grow a bit. They shuffle through it and allow the messenger to proceed to present the gift.

In the hall, Lak welcomes the messenger with a smile, his ally had kept his word it seems.

"Thank your Lord for this, I will do my best to visit him as soon as this new rebel is dealt with. I am glad to see Quni will prosper under his guidance."

The Prefect of Shanggu waited for the men to present the gift officially and open the box.
Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

The men who formed the envoy once more set the platform with the box upon the ground, this time at the feet of Fei Lak. While one many moved to open the chest, another stepped forward to reply, "My master is greatly interested in maintaining peaceful relations with you, lord Prefect. As he has promised, we deliver to you one thousand taels of gold. May fortune favor your armies against the treacherous rebels."

Xiong Xushou's Kingdom gives Fei Lak's Kingdom 1000 gold.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Xushou wrote:The men who formed the envoy once more set the platform with the box upon the ground, this time at the feet of Fei Lak. While one many moved to open the chest, another stepped forward to reply, "My master is greatly interested in maintaining peaceful relations with you, lord Prefect. As he has promised, we deliver to you one thousand taels of gold. May fortune favor your armies against the treacherous rebels."

Xiong Xushou's Kingdom gives Fei Lak's Kingdom 1000 gold.
Lak bows to the envoys.

"Thank you. Tell your Lord not to worry, in the new year, Yan and Changshan will be at peace."
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

The trip from Yong was a tiring one. From tall mountains to snowy plains, a race through Zhao, and the bouncing from place to place has done much to tired this warrior. He was hoping Prefect Fei would still take him in and give him a home.

Finally, they made it up to the city walls. The gate guards seemed a bit jubilant, as if something good had happened recently, but it wasn't his concern yet. With a tired sigh, he turned to one and called out to him, "I, Shing Kong, request another meeting with Prefect Fei. I didn't write ahead, so he won't be expecting me I'm afraid. Could you send word to him?"
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."
Shing Kong as of July 208 - 81-97*-33-50-65

Challenge I, Charge II, Faze I, Qiangshu II, Raid II 1/4, Rupture I, Smith I

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Follower: Gan Lü (59) - 82-53-32-79-62
Artisan I, Decoy I, Jianshu I, Maraud I, Military Administrator II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The guards nodded, recognizing the warrior. Before they could speak the guards and the guests could hear two men coming towards them, arguing.

"Khan, I'm telling you, all the might in the world won't do much without tactics. I agree, warriors like you are worth a thousand soldiers, but we need to work on concentrating your brute force. Applied..."

It was Prefect Fei Lak with another man to his right, a big man with a nicely crafted armor and helmet. The argument was far from heated, more like it was in good sport.

Lak immediately stopped his phrase when he saw Shing Kong and Gan Lu.

"Master Shing, Master Gan. Oh I'll have you now Khan, surely they will agree with me. Please, come join us, we are heading over to the gardens. This is my new captain of the guards, Zhao Khan."

He indicated the man in the well made armor.

"Khan, these are Masters Shing and Gan."

The guards still requested weapons be left behind, but did not search the duo.
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

"That would be fine. Master Zhao, it is an honor," Shing Kong replied simply, wondering just what their debate was about.

He and Gan Lu dismounted and handed the reins to their horses over to the guards. Much like before, Shing Kong handed over his throwing daggers and pointed out the spear tied to his horse, while Gan Lu handed over his simple Jian sword.

"So, Prefect Fei, just what are you two talking about?" Shing Kong asked, seeing as how he was going to get sucked in anyway.
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak nodded, waiting for the two men to join them on the short trek to the gardens.

"We've just had an awesome victory against a rebel army that was heading for Shanggu. I believe Khan here would have liked to have been a part of the defenders, but he arrived too late. Ma Dieu sent me some last minute changes to some scheme we had and when I communicated the information to General Lu, he agreed. Instead of pitching our forces directly against the enemy, we targetted their Commanders, capturing the two main ones very quickly. Against an army of sixteen thousand, we barely lost two thousand soldiers, just the captives are enough to more than replenish that. Ah, here we are."

They entered a refreshed garden. He indicated with his hand for his guests to sit on benches. The site was newly renovated and still lacked a lot of different flowers and plants but the disposition was impressive.

"I had this revived once we took the city, my newphew Liu Kang's idea. Anyway, Khan here believes that had we simply pummeled their soldiers, we'd have a better victory, more honorable! Hahaha, I am anxious to see this one in action."

The Prefect clapped his captain's shoulder while laughing. Quickly turning his attention back to his guests.

"Enough about that though, tell me some good news and that you have come back to us to join our cause?"

Lak's smile was contagious, it seemed it was his one true power. He looked like such an ordinary man, yet had managed to attract so many talented individuals.
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

"In fact, Prefect, I have," Shing Kong responded with a tired smile. "I'd visited many honorable men, but what you had here impressed me most. I'll be frank, the state of the land does not interest me much. I think what you offer is the best life I could have now. In return for this gift, I shall fight tooth and nail for your ideals."

He gazed out at the scenery. The garden seemed a bit sparse, true, but what it had was refreshing compared to the winter snows they've seen lately (it is considered winter, isn't it?).

While Shing Kong was a bit distracted by the garden, Gan Lu spoke up. His voice was a tad grim, just as tired as his companion's. "I'm afraid I'm not looking for much work Prefect. I'd only come along for my friend's benefit. I hope you don't mind much."

Shing Kong turned as his friend spoke, but said nothing, a little curious as to how Prefect Fei will respond.

86 Gold

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

"When my nephew died, I spent a lot of time in here. It was not winter back then, it was more lovely."

The Prefect seemed distracted. He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, well. I have work for both of you, but I understand Master Gan if you wish to simply stay as a guest of master Shing's. I can offer you both quarters and should you decide to join later, that can be arranged. The standard salary I'll give Master Shing should be more than enough to cover other living expenses for the both of you. You will both be welcomed to our council halls for planning and discussion. Right now, I can use you in Changshan if you don't mind the travel, though I know you must have done your fair share lately, so that can wait a few days. What say you?"
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

"Prefect Fei, it would be an honor. I'd move at a moment's notice if you required it, but thank you for giving me the chance to stay a few days to catch my breath," Shing Kong replied, trying to be at least a little formal.

"If I might ask, what will you require of me in Changshan?"

(OOC: I'll post my OI in your thread now. I assume I'll be used in KTs?)

86 Gold