Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

Tom wrote:There's been a RTK X PC version bouncing around on bit-torrent, even though its not actually released on that platform. PS2 retail only and only in the US :cry:
Yeah, that's true, but, It's a Japanese version... and the english translation patches dont work on it >.>
Zhang Ze 張则 zi měng​hǔ​ 猛虎 (22)
62-104*-33-34-70
Challenge II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Rupture II
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Charlemagne wrote:Time for another RTK X update!

Animated Events: Here's what I know and how I got them, for those of you just wanting to unlock them.

1. Peach Garden Oath - Play as one of the three brothers in the 184 Scenario. Unavoidable.

2. Seven Star Sword - Play as Lu Bu, Cao Cao, or Dong Zhuo during the 189 Scenario. Unavoidable, unless you do something drastic.

3. Mightier than the Sword - Play as Lu Bu or Dong Zhuo (or possibly Wang Yun) in the 189 Scenario. Unavoidable unless you do something drastic.

7. A Dual Proposal - Sun Ce and Zhou Yu get hitched. Play as Sun Ce in 194. Establish your city at Chai Sang, and then capture Jian Ye, Wu, and Hui Ji. Return to Chai Sang, and Zhou Yu will visit you at your home, asking you to be his wingman.

8. Guan Yu's Journey - Liu Bei gets kidnapped, Guan Yu surrenders to Cao, and Zhang Fei goes to Ru Nan for a beer. Play as Guan Yu in the 200 Scenario and follow the storyline.

9. Appeal to a Dragon - Play as Liu Bei in 207 Scenario. Speak to Sima Hui, recruit Xu Shu at the tavern. Wait for Cao Ren to attack and Xu Shu to leave. Then speak to Sima Hui again, and then wait for the Three Visits.

10. Tragedy at Chang Ban - Play as Zhou Yu in the 207 Scenario. Go through the Three Visits Drama and then Cao Cao will attack. Liu Bei will flee and Zhao Yun rescues the baby, losing Lady Mi.

11. Sun Quan's Decision - Play as Zhou Yu in 207 Scenario. Let the above events occur, and then donate money to Liu Bei after you've been informed that he has gone to Jiang Xia. When you return, you will be informed of Cao Cao's demand of surrender, and you will be summoned to Wu.

12. The Ultimate in Loyalty - Continuing on from the above scene, Huang Gai gets himself whipped. Unavoidable if played from above.

13. A Prayer in the Wind - Zhuge Liang builds a temple and summons the easternly winds, ensuring victolly at Chi Bi. Happens right after the above. Unavoidable if played from above.

14. The Five Tiger Generals of Shu - Yeah. We all know the story. Be one of the 5 Tiger Generals to unlock this scene in the 217 Scenario.

15. Victory or Death - Serve Wei in the 217 Scenario at Xu Chang, any officer. Triggers in about 4 months. Accompany Cao Cao to battle in Han Zhong. Return home when you lose. Bounce back and forth between Wan and Xu Chang a bit. Get to know Pang De. He isn't long for this world.

19. A Patriot's Desire - Zhuge Liang has a plan! And all he needs to do to animate it is visit Cheng Du in the 227 Scenario. You can use any Shu officer, but it helps to play a created officer placed in Han Zhong.

20. A Regrettable Obligation - Ma Su needs to die. Returning from the above scenario, invade Tian Shui and capture Jiang Wei. Once he joins, Kongming will send Ma Su to defend Jie Ting. 30 days later, he'll have failed, and then you get to execute him!

When I get the rest, I'll let you all know. I need a break from this thing for a while.
For the Zhuge Liang one, I can't for the life of me find Sima Hui. Where is he?
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Xiahou Ping wrote:
Tom wrote:There's been a RTK X PC version bouncing around on bit-torrent, even though its not actually released on that platform. PS2 retail only and only in the US :cry:
Yeah, that's true, but, It's a Japanese version... and the english translation patches dont work on it >.>
I've heard they do, so long as you get the right patch for it.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Hmm, it's quite hard to survive and break out as Gongsun Du or one of his officers, isn't it? :(

In my game he had like 20 officers, XL city, and about 150,000 men, but the city was drafted to the max. Then Gongsun Zan attacked and slaughtered us.... somehow. I didn't watch the battle, but we had some decent - good officers and Zan didn't even have reinforcements.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Lu Ren
Ensign

Post by Lu Ren »

It's me or the 2 stats books make this turn are just pathetic.

Here are the two books made for 500 gold and 2 month.
choose whether you want this book to be +1 Com/+2 Int or +2 Com/+1 Int. (-500 gold, 1 month remaining)
this book will provide +1 Cmd/+1 Jdg. (-500 gold, 1 month remaining)

Anyone think these worth 500 gold ? Personaly I whould not buy those on the market? much better have a +3 in one stats for 450 just now.

To what i was looking lasts months all 500 gold projet where giving like +4 +5 or +6. Tell me it's a bug it should not go as low as a +1. +1. i think the bare minimum should be the market value. so +3 or a bit more.

Any comments ?
General Xia Tong 28
93-66-85-75-23
Field Advisor I, Siege Engineer I, Muddle II, Ambush I, Maneuver I, Reactive Defense I, Spy I
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Uh, this isn't really the place to put this question. :) Try responding to the PT results, or asking it in the Game Questions thread.

ann Edit: yes this is not another game discussion. but for those interested the split stat item rolls had some problems this turn but have been corrected. Now back to Other Games - which means like RTKX.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ann likes to edit :)

I didn't play RTKX much over break. Got, um, bored of it. I do like the new design, and a lot of the freedom and stuff, but just didn't keep my interest against playing KoTOR. That's just about all I did over my Wednesday-Monday break. I think I put a combined 35 hours in either I or II, although mostly I.

I cannot express to you the feeling that you get when you get to the huge plot-twist in KoTOR I, run away, fight some stupid wimpy drone pilots or something, then have the game stick on you when Carth speaks in the Ebon Hawk shortly afterward! There is a scratch on the CD, I think, that is causing this, since I tried it 2 more times and it just wouldn't advance past the same point! I got so mad that I went back to KoTOR II and finally beat the thing (thanks Lurch for the assistance; I did sorta do what you suggested). The ending wasn't too horrible, although I guess I was expecting the worst.

I started another game on KoTOR II, then. I finally decided to be a Sith, or evil, or whatever. While it is fun to insult people and etc., it gets a little old after a while. Still fun to kill random people instead of sparing them, though, and was nice to screw over those Ithorians. I basically end up memorizing the voice patterns on the "aliens" since they only have 3-4 different things they say, just different words below.

Oh yeah, I was really hoping that being evil in KoTOR II wouldn't be like being evil in Fable, where your character ends up looking disgusting. I was let down. Honestly, most of the people I think are evil in our world are considered the "better looking" people. Eh, but that's not a place I should really go. My favorite part of being "evil" so far is insulting Kreia a lot. I can't stand her.

Across the three games, I've used the names Grace Keller, Gale Star, and Cyan Bombassa. They are all combinations of the names that the random generator gave me. I guess I did have a save for KoTOR I with my character, Ziggy Piggy, but I got stuck at the Rancor, then when I went to play it figured I would just start from scratch.

I am very surprised to see the large amount of people who end up in both games. Aside from the Ebon Hawk and a few of the planets, I noticed Carth appears in the second, although not as a playable guy. Then you have that silly R2D2-wannabe droid, the HK47 droid (which I actually use in the first game. I never did pick him once in the second), and Canderous, although I didn't realize that he was in the second until I went back and beat it, and they said his real name.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

My favorite KotOR random name was Onjo Mannar. That name was so cool whne I first got it....

Ahhh, memories. :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

Yo for RTK X does anyone know if some of the pics for it are up yet? Mind givin me the link? Thanks
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Umm ... you can find some RTKX pictures on a ton of game sites.

I think I'm just about done with RTKX for a while. I can't play it for more than 15 minutes without getting bored anymore. I played it for about 80 hours the week I bought it and it's now repetitive. So I guess I'll just put it away for a few months and come back. This happen to anyone else?
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info