Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

Shing Kong smirked. "I'll keep your kindness in mind as I weigh my options Prefect Fei. I'm a simple man, I don't need much. What you offer is the kind of thing I look for."

After speaking his piece, he and even Gan Lu raised the wine offered to them earlier by Fei Lak. Assuming that was it, the two would soon take their leave knowing they have one good option on the table.
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."
Shing Kong as of July 208 - 81-97*-33-50-65

Challenge I, Charge II, Faze I, Qiangshu II, Raid II 1/4, Rupture I, Smith I

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Follower: Gan Lü (59) - 82-53-32-79-62
Artisan I, Decoy I, Jianshu I, Maraud I, Military Administrator II
Zhang Kui
Ensign

Post by Zhang Kui »

Zhang Kui was uncomfortable. There would likely be battle soon, and yet he was sent away from the army he would command. He did not enjoy the formality of these meetings with nobles and officials. Several of the men from his entourage had questioned him why the prefect had not gone himself - or even simply written. Zhang Kui understood the need for a meeting, but his purpose seemed wasted as he rode east into the province of Yan. When they neared the city of Shanggu, the small army of one hundred men halted. Ten men proceeded with the general as he entered the city. They rode immediately and casually to the gate of the administration building.

There, Xuanlong offered up his sword and spear immediately, and gave a slight nod of his head as he announced, "I am Zhang Kui, General of Xiangguo. I offer my weapons and consent to your searches, but take me soon to your master, the lord Prefect Fei. I will go alone, but I must speak with him, on behalf of the lord of Xiangguo."
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Ma Dieu was near the gate when he notice a visitor from Changshan comming in the name of Xiong Xushou. He the step foward to welcome the man!!

General Zhang Kui, I am General Ma Dieu I have speak with your lord many time, I hope he is in good health! You are most welcome here, let me bring you to Prefect Fei Lak!
Zhang Kui
Ensign

Post by Zhang Kui »

Zhang Kui gave the approaching general a slight nod of his head. "Very well, General Ma," Xuanlong replied, clearly eager to get the meeting over with.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak welcomed the envoy over, rumors and gossip were flying in the audience hall as in the whole city.

"General Zhang, please be welcome. I assume you have pressing matters to attend to, please be at ease."

Lak seemed distracted but kept his easy going smile
Zhang Kui
Ensign

Post by Zhang Kui »

Xuanlong did not provide a friendly demeanor. He merely nodded his head slightly toward the prefect and began his reply, "Very well, lord Fei. My master has sent me to coordinate our agreement." His eyes slid around at anyone else who was present before returning to Fei Lak. Rumors and gossip were abuzz across the land, and such things led quickly to disasters. Lord Xiong had wished for secrecy, in as much as such a thing was possible. To reveal their intent could prove unsound.

"Things have arisen that may have changed things in the north," the barbarian general went on with distaste present in his tone. "My lord said he received a great blessing from the heavens. He sent me, hoping to share his joy. Though I do not see his point, perhaps you, as a fellow ruler of men, will understand my master's words."
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

OOC: Let's keep this simple and get down to business. :wink:

A month after his first meeting with Fei Lak of Yan, Xian Long Rui returned to take up his earlier offer. He approached the guards posted at the entrance and handed his halberd to them.

"Once again, I have returned. Please tell Lord Fei Lak that Xian Long Rui is here to see him about his earlier proposition."
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Zhang Kui wrote:Xuanlong did not provide a friendly demeanor. He merely nodded his head slightly toward the prefect and began his reply, "Very well, lord Fei. My master has sent me to coordinate our agreement." His eyes slid around at anyone else who was present before returning to Fei Lak. Rumors and gossip were abuzz across the land, and such things led quickly to disasters. Lord Xiong had wished for secrecy, in as much as such a thing was possible. To reveal their intent could prove unsound.

"Things have arisen that may have changed things in the north," the barbarian general went on with distaste present in his tone. "My lord said he received a great blessing from the heavens. He sent me, hoping to share his joy. Though I do not see his point, perhaps you, as a fellow ruler of men, will understand my master's words."
Lak nodded.

"I understand, I believe things should go as planned, only our contribution might be slightly different. Seems the rebel is intent on invading Yan, now we cannot allow that of course. A man of your abilities in the van of the army should have little problems securing your target."

Lak thought a moment then decided there was nothing else to add.

"Would you care for some refreshments perhaps?"

Li Dao Wen wrote:OOC: Let's keep this simple and get down to business. :wink:

A month after his first meeting with Fei Lak of Yan, Xian Long Rui returned to take up his earlier offer. He approached the guards posted at the entrance and handed his halberd to them.

"Once again, I have returned. Please tell Lord Fei Lak that Xian Long Rui is here to see him about his earlier proposition."
The guards nod. They remembered the man that had gone riding with their lord.

"If you'll leave your weapons Master, you may proceed with Xia here, he will take you to Lord Fei."
Zhang Kui
Ensign

Post by Zhang Kui »

"That will not be necessary, lord Prefect," Zhang Kui replied confidently. Despite his denial, it was clear from his tone that Fei Lak had earned at least a bit of respect for recognizing the general's talents. As he went on, he was very to-the-point, "Our issues do not stem from a lack of skilled leaders, lord Fei. The armies of the north have many skilled commanders at their heads. What we must rely upon our allies for is skilled men for these commanders to lead. Though my private force will ride at the head of my lord's army, those they lead are little more than farmers and peasants with sticks."

"With the addition of lord Jin's forces from Kuailang, our army shall stand near in numbers to the enemy," Xuanlong sighed. "Only, that enemy is battle hardened and well equipped. It is why my lord so heavily relies upon your support in this matter. Your armies are battle tested and prepared to face the monstrosity that is our enemy. Whatever your contribution, lord Fei, know that your men will earn great glories in the coming battle - and they will be lead to a grand and noble victory."
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lak nodded.

"Trust me General, I fully intend to unleash the wrath of Yan upon the armies gathered near Quni. Our goal is to eliminate any threat to the prosperity of Changshan, which is why Lord Xiong and I are aligned. Though you will of course meet resistance in taking the city, it will be nothing you will not be able to take care of, especially with my former Tutor, Master Jin's aid. That foolish rebel that believes he can march into Yan because it is ripe for the taken will soon learn that we in Yan do not take lightly to being called 'ripe' targets."

The Prefect's words bled of passion, but his tone and demenour were still very calm.

"I have heard of your talent even before Lord Xiong hired your services, I am thus glad that Quni will be in the hands of a capable commander such as yourself, some men tend to overdue invasions and harm the people, with you there, I can rest at ease."