Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Zhudi

Xin had been leaned forward, listening to Daisake's story with interest. He leaned back as it was now his turn to tell a story. "After the death of the tyrant of Qin, many of his minions fled or neglected the people in Yue. With the assistance of numerous capable officers, I was able to do my part in stabilizing this Province in a relatively short time. To the north, Marquis Yi Lian is a friend and ally against the Qin's brutal ways. However, there are still elements that support the Qin, and thus represent a threat to the people of Yue, that reside in Changsha to the west. Already, Changsha has been wrought with several battles in the past few months as these aggressors vie for power. I fear I will have to move my army there soon or the people will continue to suffer."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Lin Xin

As Aramaki listened, he likewise sat back in his chair. At the mention again of strife in Changsha, a look of worry crossed his face. He said, "It is unfortunate that Changsha is such a dangerous place at this time. The roads from Hann to Yue lead through that province and my people may yet again have to fight to defend themselves against those aggressors that may yet impede their journey. I am glad that you have plans to stabilize that region. I believe that the people, both those here in the southeast and the southwest have suffered enough from the wars that have plagued the land since the fall of the Qin Empire, yet I also realize that the path to peace and stability is paved with the blood and sacrifice of many good and well intentioned men."

He paused to take another sip of his tea. "Thank you Marquis for offering to give my people refuge in your lands. It is rare to see a ruler who truly cares about the plight of the people and who subordinates his own desires for power in favor of seeking first to improve the lives of those under his charge." His eyes seem to look off into space as he spoke these last words. Once upon a time he himself was such an idealist, filled with great hopes and dreams for the common people.
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Zhudi

Xin looked thoughtfully as he studied the man before him. A smile suddently crept over his face as if he thought of a great plan. "Master Daisuke," he said as he leaned forward again, resting his elbows on his knees, "I have a proposition for you if you still wish to use the talents of your men and yourself for the people of this land. If I were to lend aid to the people of Changsha, I'll need a skilled administrator to oversee that province. It seems you have the capability and support of the people to do this for me. Will you align with me and help me stabilize Changsha?"
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Lin Xin

Upon hearing the offer, a thought suddenly dawned upon Aramaki. If Changsha was at peace, then his people would have a home to stay in. They could work the land, and provide food and other resources for themselves. Instead of being a burden onto their hosts, they would instead be assets.

Aramaki looked at Xin for a moment. This young man sitting in front of him reminded Aramaki of his younger days, filled with the vibrant energy of youth and the dreams of a better future. In his heart, Aramaki was glad that he had found someone of a like mind and at that very moment he came to a decision. In response to Xin's question, he said, "I will. May our efforts together, underneath your banner, help create a better tomorrow for all the peoples of China."

So with that, Aramaki had declared his intent to serve Marquis Xin. The details of such an arrangement could be hammered out later. But at least for the foreseeable future, Aramaki has found a new home.
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Zhudi

Xin smiled widely as he stood to bow to the men gathered before him. "This is a great day for all our people. I'm sure with your guidance and support, the people will have nothing to worry about."

Signaling for some servants, Xin said, "I'm sure you are tired from the journey and tribulation you all have gone through. Please stay in my guest quarters for tonight and we shall discuss the details tomorrow before you return to your people."

(Post OI and PH access will be granted shortly)
Kaori
Not-so-new recruit
Location: on a rapidly melting glacier with a polar bear and running out of room

Post by Kaori »

"Well, some say good things do come to those who wait, but I like someone who's not afraid to take the first step," Rin felt a small puff of pride in her chest at the compliment and smiled. Still, that would've been a nicer journey if she'd waited. Han Liao would surely have been a better traveling companion than her stuffy Grandfather.

Lin Xin lifted his Tea with a fluid grace that Rin found somewhat hypnotic and she was caught off guard when he began to speak. "Now, how about you Lady Rin? What are your desires that prompted this honored visit?"

Folding her arms, Rin sat in thought for a few seconds before answering. This wasn't because she was unsure of her purpose or how to phrase it; she was already sure of that. Really she was just trying to appear wise, as though she were considering deep concepts, to impress the two strangers who didn't know her well enough to see through it. After a long moment she lifted her eyes and spoke softly to her host. Her voice was almost trembling with the effort to remain collected.

"I want...Adventure" Her eyes danced at the mere mention of the word and her entire posture had shifted subconsciously, excitement visible in every inch of her small body."I want to fight with the armies in the forests of Wu. I want to duel with giants and ride stallions as fast as the wind." Looking closely one could see that her eyes had almost glazed over as she drifted further into fantasy. Her lips kept moving to slow to impart the images flashing through her mind. "I want to camp out under the stars and feel the heat of roaring fires. To battle assassins and bandits for their stolen gold...I want to live" Her eyes raised slowly to lock with her host. "If you can give me that, Marquis, I'll move mountains for you"

The girl's breathing was quick and she realized with slight embarrassment that she was flushed. Her tirade finished, Rin reclined into a posture of nonchalance, eyes studying something interesting on the ceiling. She was a completely different person from just a few moments ago.
Sun Rin 15
(29-84-80*-20-100*)
Doctor I, Spy I, Yueshu II, Faze II, Haste, Jeer.
127 gold
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Kaori wrote:"I want...Adventure" Her eyes danced at the mere mention of the word and her entire posture had shifted subconsciously, excitement visible in every inch of her small body."I want to fight with the armies in the forests of Wu. I want to duel with giants and ride stallions as fast as the wind." Looking closely one could see that her eyes had almost glazed over as she drifted further into fantasy. Her lips kept moving to slow to impart the images flashing through her mind. "I want to camp out under the stars and feel the heat of roaring fires. To battle assassins and bandits for their stolen gold...I want to live" Her eyes raised slowly to lock with her host. "If you can give me that, Marquis, I'll move mountains for you"

The girl's breathing was quick and she realized with slight embarrassment that she was flushed. Her tirade finished, Rin reclined into a posture of nonchalance, eyes studying something interesting on the ceiling. She was a completely different person from just a few moments ago.
The stoic figure of Liao, after remaining silent this entire time, raises an eyebrow and slowly shifts his steely gaze to the young lady. As she speaks of adventures and battle he notices that all too familiar gleam in her eye as she relays her high spirited fantasies. A smirk almost forms at the corner of his mouth as she continues on with such unbridled enthusiasm that even he, a veteran at only twenty, feels himself swept up in the moment and, if only for a fleet second, recalls that ambition which drove him to his current occupation.

However moved he may have been by her request he is soon reminded of how young, and how dangerously naive she still is, and his face soon reflects this realization as his cold, hardened stare returns. In a dry tone he asks, "Is your life really that meaningless, or do you have that much confidence in your abilities, that danger does not deter you?"
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Kaori and TK

Xin was nearly just as pulled in by Rin's passion. He's not too far removed from the idealistic enthusiasm of youth. As he shifted his weight in the seat and began to respond, he heard Liao speak up. Frowning slightly at the tone used by Liao, Xin decided to give Rin the opportunity to respond. This was an important question after all, though Xin would have phrased it differently.
Kaori
Not-so-new recruit
Location: on a rapidly melting glacier with a polar bear and running out of room

Post by Kaori »

For a moment, Han Liao's voice took Rin by surprise. Glancing from her host to the General, she took a moment to think about his question. It was fair, after all most of her dreams were dangerous, but that was exactly what made them so important. She chewed on the inside of her cheek as she formulated her answer.

"Really it's both. I know that I'm young, no one lets me forget it." She smirked and gave Liao a meaningful look. "But my life can only be meaningless if I ignore my dreams. If I stay inside the castle walls I'll grow old and die peacefully with a few friends and a respectable life behind me. But that isn't enough for me." Rin locked eyes with Liao and her voice lowered to a whisper. "and I know it isn't enough for you either. I can see it in your eyes. I need to do something amazing and I know I won't die until I have. If I fail I went out trying. What could be better than that?"
Sun Rin 15
(29-84-80*-20-100*)
Doctor I, Spy I, Yueshu II, Faze II, Haste, Jeer.
127 gold
TheCity
New Recruit

Post by TheCity »

"Yue... Yue... Yue..."

With each belabored step Zhi would repeat the name of his destination, a mantra that might somehow make the journey easier. At least, that was the intention, though it didn't seem to be working. He leaned heavily on his spear, using it as a sort of walking stick with the blade end pointing skyward and, as he shifted his tired gaze to it, tearing the world in two.

Once Zhi made the province, the mantra shifted, and once he made the governance compound he collapsed about thirty meters outside it. He stared for a moment at the on-duty guards and waved to one casually before turning his eye to the crisp blue sky. He reached for his forehead with the back of his right hand, wiping away sweat and his damp hair. At this point most of his face was caked with the sweat of his journey and there was really nothing he could do about it. Taking a final, deep breath he pushed himself up, recovered his spear and headed for the compound.

When he was in reasonable speaking distance with the guards he smiled at one and said, "Hey! How're you doing?," it was clear he was not really looking for an answer, since he followed up quickly with, "I'm here to meet with, an, uh, excuse me..."

Zhi turned from the guard and once more wiped the sweat from his brow. It just wouldn't leave him alone. He stopped for a few moments and just enjoyed the relaxing breaths that come with knowing he'd made his destination. After gathering himself he returned to the guard and scratched the back of his head.

"Anyway, yeah, I'm looking for a Marquis Lin Xin. Where can a body find such a fellow?"
Qin Zhi (24) 80-95*-41*-59-60
Challenge II, Charge II, Intimidate, Raid, Rupture, Qiangshu III