PC death

Moderator: Game Masters

Would you mind having your character killed if it was the logical IC thing that should happen?

Yes, I would not like losing my character.
28%
No, I would not mind losing my character so.
72%

Total votes: 69

Zhu Dun
Captain
Location: * Blueprint does a Cassandra Rose in Dr.Who and snogs ZD for no apparent reason

Post by Zhu Dun »

I don't mind losing a PC, as long as the rhyme and reason is there. There's one or two times simming where I've thought it was very unfair, but other than that, it doesn't bother me.
Shu Ga Da Di, 28
53/56/81/16/99*
Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II, Rally II, Spy I

Also starring as his two skanky hos, E Zi Ho and Jun Ki Hor!

nurgles_herald wrote:Zhu Dun has, quite possibly, the best character concept known to man.
Tian Long wrote:[17:00] <TianLong> Thats the greatest thing ever in the history of sims
Adeptus Astartes
Quickest shot in the East!

Post by Adeptus Astartes »

I don't think I play these sims seriously enough to care whether or not my character dies IC or by OOC driven plot. So either way it would happen and all I'd do is laugh. :P
Bet you were kinda hoping I'd never come back huh?

Ah Gedi Wandering Archer 42 years young 100G C: 97 M: 60 I: 21 J: 85 Ch: 19

Cover 2, Gongshu 3, Volley 3

Items: Horse (Khartoum) Spd+3 Attack+1 Def+1 Crossbow +3
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

I suppose, over time, one becomes attached to one's character, and isn't thrilled to lose that particular possession in any situation -- assuming, of course, one actually enjoys one's character. It's a bit of an inconvenience, dying and all, but it gives the opportunity to look at the game from a different perspective. That's invaluable.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
Wokimo
Colonel

Post by Wokimo »

Hey you're talking to the guy who submitted that uber plot of NPC death on WotD, you shouldn't need to ask if I'm bothered about losing my PC when it makes IC sense. :wink:
Pang Zhou (30) 65 – 101* - 49* – 22* – 63*
Challenge II, Haste II, Jianshu II, Pierce II, Raid II

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate!
Bourne
Major

Post by Bourne »

I am more or less with Aisha in the more dramatic and thus the more entertaining, the better. It would be entirely hypocritical of me to cite any dis approval of PC death of my own character given how often my scheming leads to the death of another. However I am not one to support following heavy accuracy in this scenario. What I mean is "dying for honor", "being executed for a failure of command" and extremities of that nature, since it leaves the person with a rather anti-climax feel. So essentially IC to as much as possible.
Zhào​ Láng​ (赵狼)
Xīng​nù​ (惺怒, Tranquil fury)
63-92-33-49-67
Faze II, Intimidate II, Inspire II, Jianshu II, Wall II, Yueshu I
GreenFabre
Colonel

Post by GreenFabre »

when you have to let go, you have to let go lo~...
there's always the sign-ups for good old reincarnation lo~
Kijo Akki
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Re: PC death

Post by UMCorian »

TGC wrote:Would you mind having your PC die if it was the logical thing that should happen IC-wise? e.g. You have you been captured in battle by an enemy force and executing you would only be good for them and bad for their enemy.
The answer is, of course, I wouldn't *like* to lose my character... but nor would I be crying rivers over it (or, at least, the tears would stop after, like 15 minutes... 30 tops).

Shit happens. It's gotta. No risk, no reward.
"He who masters both order and chaos will inherit the world."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Confuse II, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II