Other Games

Moderator: Game Masters

alexoren
Sergeant

Other Games

Post by alexoren »

Since there was talk in chat earlier about Stellaris, thought it might be nice to have a thread to talk about video games and potentially set up some MP matches.

List whatever PC or console games you have that you'd like some fellow simmers to join you on.

I'd love to start up an Europa Universalis 4, Hearts of Iron 4, or Stellaris multiplayer game.
King Tao
Major

Re: Other Games

Post by King Tao »

Let it go, Alex. It won't happen. Paradox multiplayer games and you won't ever find each other. :lol:
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.
Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

lol. KT is kinda right. The only multiplayers I play now are on tablets. Who's got time to sit in front of a desktop? For a grand strategy...no thanks.

I played Clash of Kings for a while but its p2w and I couldnt compete with big money players from Asia. Also played Deck Heroes for a while. I am guessing its like hearthstone but not sure. Played Arcane Legends for a while. All of these are android games.

I am looking to get M&B Bannerlord when it gets released..but it might be another 10 years before they finally launch it. And it's more of a fpm game than grand strategy.
Bradums
Macho Man!

Post by Bradums »

Yeah, Grand Strategy games don't multiplayer well. I tried Shogun 2 a couple times, and wowee, that was like pulling teeth - but slower.

It's always an awesome concept, it's just a hard genre to make work.
nennoski
Ensign

Post by nennoski »

I play stellaris multiplayer a fair bit and its certainly better than a lot of others. I was actually just playing today and it works pretty well.
King Tao
Major

Post by King Tao »

Don't get me wrong, I do multiplayer on Stellaris, CK2 (mainly the Game of Thrones mod), and [twice] EU IV. My remark was more towards the fact that no matter how close Alex gets to setting up a multiplayer game, everything falls apart on him before the game starts.
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.