Yue Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Warren220
New Recruit

Re: Yue Provincial Roleplay

Post by Warren220 »

OOC: Does our deal still apply, assuming the conditions are met?

Liu Bai and his followers walked up to the gate of Renze. Walking up to the guard, Liu Bai asked about as to where to meet Pang Jian.
Liu Bai;80-81-20-55-42/Discipline II, Charge II, Qiangshu II, Delay II
Age 16
100 gold
Followers:
Xiu Li((46) 56-84-54-63-56 Civil Administrator II, Challenge I, Dash I, Instructor I, Deride I
Wu Mei(43) 65-60-70-74-49 Qiangshu I, Scribe I, Charge I, Inspire I, Artisan I, Discipline I
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

AaronH229 wrote:Lu Ying:

Somewhat baffled the young guard on duty guides the guest out to a small building set apart from the town somewhat which when she is shown in reveals itself to be full of many many scrolls and the majority of those tended to be records of tax yields and conscripts which had been called up by the town for many years earlier than the current. Looking up from his scratching of the current months reports onto the latest piece of the current years scroll he nods once slowly and gestures to a place within his field of view and continues to write before speaking without a pause in his report.

"Good day, I am pleased in your response to my missive and hope that your sparked interest is such that I am able to illuminate you as to my plans and ambitions enough to have the pleasure of gifting you a residence here in Renzhe until I take somewhat grander quarters such as the palace in Wuzhong. So please, outline the shape of your interest in me."
Yun Ling allowed the guards to lead her through the town and into a small building somewhat outside Renze. It wasnt much she thought, but shrugged. Who cared how it looked?

"I am here to listen. What are your plans for this town of yours? And, future plans of expansion too. I would not serve one happy to sit on a tiny town such as this" she said with an indignent snort.
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

AaronH229 wrote:Jian allows a slight smile to turn his lips slightly at the man's laid back attitude along with his surprise as to the lack of barbarity even this far south.

"Well, to be frank we do not seem to have much trouble with the tribes in recent years as they seem to be fighting among themselves with the other barbarians to the south, mostly we have managed to profit by selling them sub standard weapons and buying exotic goods for a fraction of their cost. Though I remember nearly 17 years ago when I first joined the militia in the city of Wuzhong raids from the Yue were common occurrence."
"I see," he replied. For a moment, he wondered if, in another time, he might have been down here fighting these barbarians. Something about it seemed oddly familiar...

He shook the thought away, then quickly said, "That is good, then. One less thing to think about. It must be interesting, however, living so close to the dominion of Chu. The Dictator King himself is from Wu, if I recall right. I believe this is territory pretty loyal to him as a whole. I do not doubt it is difficult to maneuver without his permission or that of his subordinates." The question was coyly put, or so Fang Ai thought, but it was leading enough to answer a question or two he had.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Warren:

Liu Bai and his retainers are shown to the towns main square where several hundred men were drilling with spear and shield obviously quite inept based upon their badly held spears and sloppy thrusts. To one end of the square is stood Pang Jian absently talking to several low rank officers stood next to him and sending them out to dress various lines among the drilling soldiers. Turning sharply on his heel at Liu Bai's approach he inclines his head in welcome.

"Ah, Lord Liu Bai I believe? Welcome to Renzhe, as you can see I am in the process of drilling a small garrison for this town, however that is not something integral to how I plan to obtain Wuzhong and from their the rest of Yue, however that is another matter. I assume by the fact that all three of you have turned up here that you are interested in serving under me in my quest to unite Yue?"

Lu Ying:

Jian lets out a low chuckle at the snort from the lady guest, setting down his brush carefully he gives the lady his full attention for the first time.

"Your point is well made and this town is but a stepping stone to me. I plan to bring this whole province under my power and claim my rightful title as the King of Yue. To do this I will be arranging for the....fall....of one of the local magistrates to hand me control of one of the cities within Yue and then sending out troops to secure the rest of the province. I project that within 6 months all of Yue shall be within my grasp and from their, my power and dominion can only expand outwards, yet to achieve this I need people who are willing to fight and help in my conquests and as such this town is serving me as a base of recruitment."

Xiang Zhuang:

Pang Jian nods his head slowly at the man's words, steepling his hands he gathers his thoughts before answering the question.

"I see the point of your question and I have long considered the problem of how I can move here in Yue without bringing down the wrath of the Dictator King and after my years in service to the magistrate in Wuzhong I came to the conclusion that it is the way in which I come into control of a city that shall matter and as such I have decided to when it comes to it bring down the governor with charges of corruption and of trying to spread sedition in Yue. Once my control over the city is solidified I shall immediately send a messenger to placate the Dictator King and to placate the Fool of Chu allowing the man to go back to his brooding to the north and giving me free rein to consolidate my power and bring Yue under my sway upon which time I shall be able to illuminate the Middle Kingdom as to my allegiance and power."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

AaronH229 wrote:Pang Jian nods his head slowly at the man's words, steepling his hands he gathers his thoughts before answering the question.

"I see the point of your question and I have long considered the problem of how I can move here in Yue without bringing down the wrath of the Dictator King and after my years in service to the magistrate in Wuzhong I came to the conclusion that it is the way in which I come into control of a city that shall matter and as such I have decided to when it comes to it bring down the governor with charges of corruption and of trying to spread sedition in Yue. Once my control over the city is solidified I shall immediately send a messenger to placate the Dictator King and to placate the Fool of Chu allowing the man to go back to his brooding to the north and giving me free rein to consolidate my power and bring Yue under my sway upon which time I shall be able to illuminate the Middle Kingdom as to my allegiance and power."
"You would attempt to play the Dictator King?" he replied, a bit surprised. "I suppose he is the sort who might buy it. A lot of it might depend upon how many courtiers he has. Rumor is that he might be sending large troops into various areas to remove those he does not favor. But that you possess such ambition and speak of it freely is rather impressive. You have a lot of confidence." He let out a small laugh.

"What do you mean of allegiance, though? If not to Chu, to whom? I don't recall these lands ever being under the control of another."
101*.87*.44.78.39

AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:
"You would attempt to play the Dictator King?" he replied, a bit surprised. "I suppose he is the sort who might buy it. A lot of it might depend upon how many courtiers he has. Rumor is that he might be sending large troops into various areas to remove those he does not favor. But that you possess such ambition and speak of it freely is rather impressive. You have a lot of confidence." He let out a small laugh.

"What do you mean of allegiance, though? If not to Chu, to whom? I don't recall these lands ever being under the control of another."
Pang Jian smiles slightly, turning his rounded face into something much more jolly and friendly than it had seemed earlier in the conversation.

"In regards to my confidence, I must have it and I must reveal my plans to those I wish to help me in my goals, I shall not lead a man blindfolded into danger, any who choose to follow me must do so fully aware of all that is risked. As to my allegiance, a large part of what I plan is to convince the Dictator King I follow him however, once I attain the rank of King he shall no longer be my superior and I shall no longer need his protection or for him to turn a blind eye to my actions. As you may know Xiang Yu plans on sending out men to be lesser kings to he, to bring the land to heel in that method, well I just plan on letting believe he has succeeded here in the south until I am ready to disabuse him of the notion."
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Cao Chao wrote:"If you are properly paying your respects, then you would be bringing tribute," replied Min Miao in a cold voice, as he leaned forward onto a hand as he regarded his guest with a challenging look. "Where is the gold and silver? I don't see anything . . ."

"Don't be a bleeding heart," replied Min Miao coldly, as he leaned back on his seat rest. "That's the best advice I can give. Tax the sonsofbitches. If they try and resist, beat the crap out of them with your troops. That's the only way to rule. Make . . . and if necessary force the peons to understand the difference between their ruler and themselves."
Pang Jian nods his head slowly before bowing once again slowly before asking a final question before he leaves.

"If I might be so bold to enquire, do you think it possible that if I tax the people hard enough I would be able to use all of the money raised for my own benefit and disregard the needs of the people I govern?"
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

AaronH229 wrote:Lu Ying:

Jian lets out a low chuckle at the snort from the lady guest, setting down his brush carefully he gives the lady his full attention for the first time.

"Your point is well made and this town is but a stepping stone to me. I plan to bring this whole province under my power and claim my rightful title as the King of Yue. To do this I will be arranging for the....fall....of one of the local magistrates to hand me control of one of the cities within Yue and then sending out troops to secure the rest of the province. I project that within 6 months all of Yue shall be within my grasp and from their, my power and dominion can only expand outwards, yet to achieve this I need people who are willing to fight and help in my conquests and as such this town is serving me as a base of recruitment."
Yun Ling listened to the man speaking to her. It didnt intrest her very much, but then, not much did. Not much beyond combat. She lived for that. Once Pang Jian finished speaking Yun Ling looked at him and smiled.

"Duel me, or have a vessel duel me in your stead. I feel I can learn so much more in war then peaceful words could ever tell me"

((Friendly duel with you or anyone(PC or NPC) on your team))
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

AaronH229 wrote:Pang Jian nods his head slowly before bowing once again slowly before asking a final question before he leaves.

"If I might be so bold to enquire, do you think it possible that if I tax the people hard enough I would be able to use all of the money raised for my own benefit and disregard the needs of the people I govern?"
"You can bleed them dry for your army and for yourself," replied the governor of Yue, "If they complain, your army will be there to viciously and remorselessly stomp them to the ground. Better yet . . . force them into servitude. Enslaving the populace will get you impossibly high production."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

AaronH229 wrote:Pang Jian smiles slightly, turning his rounded face into something much more jolly and friendly than it had seemed earlier in the conversation.

"In regards to my confidence, I must have it and I must reveal my plans to those I wish to help me in my goals, I shall not lead a man blindfolded into danger, any who choose to follow me must do so fully aware of all that is risked. As to my allegiance, a large part of what I plan is to convince the Dictator King I follow him however, once I attain the rank of King he shall no longer be my superior and I shall no longer need his protection or for him to turn a blind eye to my actions. As you may know Xiang Yu plans on sending out men to be lesser kings to he, to bring the land to heel in that method, well I just plan on letting believe he has succeeded here in the south until I am ready to disabuse him of the notion."
Fang Ai frowned, as if he did not follow. "The Dictator King's title itself goes beyond the notion of a simple king," he said. "He claims to be the king of all kings. This was the most he could claim without seeking the Emperor of Chu's life himself. Who knows; that time might come soon enough."

Looking away from the town leader, he asked, rhetorically, "So you intend to be the King of Yue? An interesting proposition, but the land of Yue carries with it no legacy; no historical precedent for rule. The lands of Yue themselves were carved out by Chu through various foreign invasions. For the territory of Yue to stand outside of the reign of Chu... well, it would seem as if you were in league with the Shanyue to the south."
101*.87*.44.78.39