Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Chen Ping
Major

Post by Chen Ping »

At the moment, I'm only playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live. If anyone else has the game and Live, please provide me with your Gamer Tag. :)
Lu Kuang

Post by Lu Kuang »

I'm currently playing Suikoden IV and Kessen III. KIII, is cool, but I miss the larger armies that you could have in KI. The new troop types and items are cool though, I like customizing my officers.

Suikoden IV is not as good as I thought it would, though I have yet to play the 3 prequels (Can't find em'). I like the naval and 1-on-1 duels, but the story and battles are pretty plane.

The next game I hope to play is Dynasty Warriors 4, I hear good things.
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

if you played Dynasty Warriors 3, then 4 is going to let you down.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Suikoden IV is -horrible- compared to the other Suikodens. Actually, I can't speak for I, but II and III are so much better.
Georgie
Sergeant

Post by Georgie »

Galagros wrote:Suikoden IV is -horrible- compared to the other Suikodens. Actually, I can't speak for I, but II and III are so much better.
THANK you.

III was at least a rip-off of Zelda landscaping, instead of Waterworld. Eww.
Jao Tiang
Captain

Post by Jao Tiang »

Lu Kuang wrote:I'm currently playing Suikoden IV and Kessen III. KIII, is cool, but I miss the larger armies that you could have in KI. The new troop types and items are cool though, I like customizing my officers.

Suikoden IV is not as good as I thought it would, though I have yet to play the 3 prequels (Can't find em'). I like the naval and 1-on-1 duels, but the story and battles are pretty plane.

The next game I hope to play is Dynasty Warriors 4, I hear good things.
I think you mean 5 :wink:

I've recently been getting back into my Romance VIII, played a great game where I took all the best generals and made my own band in Guan Ling. Eventually taking over China.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I think Suikoden IV was ok, but I did like III better. That's all I've played :)

To continue with the Star Wars kick I'm on, I played KoTOR II after Revenge of the Sith. Put in about 13-14 hours on Sunday, and about 22 hours total since late Saturday night when I started playing. I actually got into the story enough that I didn't sleep all Saturday night/Sunday morning because I was playing it. I'm a guy who loves my sleep, too, so that means a lot. I wish I didn't have to leave the game and XBox behind to come back to college for more summer classes (the box is my brother's, I don't have one).
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I hated Suikoden III. Great Storyline, utter rubbish battle system. I long for the days of I and II. Suikoden I has the best SL imo and II has the best graphics/storyline/battle system mixture of them all. IV is my third favorite which isn't saying much. I stopped playing after the insane amount of random battles on the seas.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

The KotOR games were both really good. I am a huge fan of them and hope that a third in the series is made. While KotOR II does have a flaw here and there, over all it is a really enjoyable game, especially if you like having choices, RPGs, and the starwars universe.
Mmm, for those of you who have been shielded from my rantings....that ends now!

The game I'm currently addicted to is called Victoria. Its a 1830s-1920 game, worldwide. Play whoever you like, the "uncivilized" nations of Japan or China, the British Empire, US (or CSA if you pick the civil war starting), or try to unify nations as Prussia or one of the Italian states (including the Papacy!)

Quite fun, currently my Imperial Japanese Army forces have cut china in two, with 2 Million Chinese troops trapped in the Gobi desert. Huzzah!
Victoria is a great game, especially once its been patched. I am a regular at the Paradox Entertainment forums and am quite a fan of their games. I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but they have patches, mods and updates for Victoria on the site. Haven't played the Nipponese as of yet, though I do have an ongoing game with the nation of Columbia in the Pacific Northwest. I've currently seen two wars between the states, am a firm ally of the CSA and seen the French in control of lower california. The game really lends itself to historical alterations and is in my opinion superior to civilizations. If your not a fan of that time period, I can also suggest Europa Universalis II by the same company that allows you to pick virtually any country between 1419-1820.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Xi
Officer

Post by Xi »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:To continue with the Star Wars kick I'm on, I played KoTOR II after Revenge of the Sith. Put in about 13-14 hours on Sunday, and about 22 hours total since late Saturday night when I started playing. I actually got into the story enough that I didn't sleep all Saturday night/Sunday morning because I was playing it. I'm a guy who loves my sleep, too, so that means a lot. I wish I didn't have to leave the game and XBox behind to come back to college for more summer classes (the box is my brother's, I don't have one).
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Installed KoTOR a couple days ago and have logged nearly two dozen hours. I'm also in the process of moving to a new apartment, so I can also testify on the game's enthralling nature. I'm afraid that I might have to pick up Jedi Acadamy after I've gone through KoTOR II...