Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Other Game Discussion

Post by ann »

Please use this thread to discuss all games.
Lu Cyan
Officer

Post by Lu Cyan »

Games I am currently playing religiously and would like to talk about if anyone else wants to:

RTK VII
Dynasty Tactics II
Xenogears
Madden 2005
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

Heh....I'm playing Madden quite a bit myself. I don't usually actually play the games though, just too time consuming and not enough fun for me. The best chise I ever had was with the Saints. It was one of those things where they did phenomenal the first year, so practically my entire roster improved by at least 3 points. Aaron Brooks went from being 80OVR to 93OVR in one season...and I just kept getting better. I eventually won two straight Super Bowls before I got bored with it...
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Recently I've started to replay KOTOR I and KOTOR II. And next month RTKX comes out!!! :P
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

I love the KoTORs. The first is probably my favorite RPG of all time. I beat Jade Empire just a short time ago, but have been spending most of my console gaming time playing Halo 2 online or learning to dominate Fight Night 2.

Fight Night will probably go back to the store in a few weeks, but I'll end up only having spent 10 bucks on it, so that's fine.

Dynasty Tactics was a lot of fun, Lu Cyan. I just wish it could have been harder. After I couldn't get out of a battle without executing at least one 16-hit combo, it was a little silly.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Jun 14th for RoTK X! I am drooling in anticipation over that game. I predict massive disappearance from the sims when that game drops. Yep yep.

Has anyone played Kessen III? Is it worth it?
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

I'm playing all sorts of RTKs in anticipation of X.....
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I have Kessen III. I think it is fun, but it does get awfully repetitive. The cut scenes are pretty dorky (in typical KOEI fashion), but not horrible. I think it's a game you probably want to rent first before deciding whether to buy it or not.

It does give you some more freedom than Kessen II. There are optional battles and a shop. I kinda like the large amount of tactics, but I end up just using the same ones over and over (I abuse Heal and X-Heal, which means the 3 girls almost always come with me). You get a bit more control with your unit too...none of that "entering battle" where you just float around smacking people. I find that, when fighting one on one, the enemy is never equal power to any unit you have, unless you are sending one of the primarily support units (like Nagahide Niwa) in. There is a ton of customization you can put into it, but I haven't bothered doing much of that.

Yes, I did just refer to Mitsuhide Akechi as a girl :)

Oh, yeah, we have been advised by one Galagros of the RTK X date, and to probably avoid having the start date of the sim overlap with that too much :)
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I loved KoToR I but i haven't played II yet. I am still hooked on Call of Duty and DW5. Once RoTKX comes out that'll do me in. Except my jaunts in Azeroth to smack around some undead with my paladin. Cause she rocks.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

KoToR I's storyline is so much better than II's, but II has a lot of little cool things in it. Being able to "make" certain items and additions for your weapons was awesome, as well as some of the new armours. Unfortunately II was released unfinished, litterally. They had to get it out before the deadline and did not make some levels, which left dialogue in that didn't fit and such ... a pity.

Kessen III was fun for a few days. I got 10-11 hours into it and got bored, though. The only thing to look forward to seemed to be new units.