Feedback / Comments

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feedback / Comments

Post by Phailak »

Chinka wrote:I'm not super happy about the npc announcement. I even asked earlier in the game.

I get it. And think the new rules are fair.

But my character is particularly screwed over. It could be allivieted by letting me refund some npcs. At the very least the ones I acquired turn 9.
You can if you want, but you don't lose the ones you have. If like me you are over the limit, you just can't acquire new ones until you get the limit up.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

I guess you got a point might as well get some work outta em before I trade em for 500 pt versions.

I am just sad I didn't get to break the game. :lol:
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

There needs to be a way to generate effective NPCs to keep up with people who have fan clubs or alliances and can get a bunch of PCs working with them.

IDK how I feel about the rule change, I thought it was fair and fine since it actually gave some deeper strategy to the game. If you didn't think about generating NPCs then it was your fault, honestly. But anyway, what's done is done.

The 95% escape rates on NPCs are bonkers. It was too hard to capture a NPC via battle, otherwise a lot of us would be caught up on NPCs with players like rebel. Also, there's no way to recruit "free" NPCs that retreated from the battles. So we have a ton of NPCs out there that are doing nothing.

If you're going to limit the number of NPCs, it doesn't make sense to limit the amount of troops you can carry in battle. This means whoever is expanding the fastest and has the most territory, can hold the most NPCs, and will almost always win...
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Suicide Fox wrote:There needs to be a way to generate effective NPCs to keep up with people who have fan clubs or alliances and can get a bunch of PCs working with them.

IDK how I feel about the rule change, I thought it was fair and fine since it actually gave some deeper strategy to the game. If you didn't think about generating NPCs then it was your fault, honestly. But anyway, what's done is done.

The 95% escape rates on NPCs are bonkers. It was too hard to capture a NPC via battle, otherwise a lot of us would be caught up on NPCs with players like rebel. Also, there's no way to recruit "free" NPCs that retreated from the battles. So we have a ton of NPCs out there that are doing nothing.

If you're going to limit the number of NPCs, it doesn't make sense to limit the amount of troops you can carry in battle. This means whoever is expanding the fastest and has the most territory, can hold the most NPCs, and will almost always win...
We can try to find a better system, not sure about Rebel but I was close to generating a 500 NPC point per turn and let me tell you they are strong, almost PC like. Basically, your NPCs are NPC generating machines. Right now I could make 4 NPC per turn with close to 50 in a stat that generates close to 50 NPC points, at one point you could go infinite.

Also doesn't help that no one wants to spy and training <<<<< NPC points, that needs a fix too, but not in turn 9 of the game
BJR
UncleBob

Post by BJR »

Phailak wrote:no one wants to spy and training
This is probably a consequence of things being so streamlined. Why spy when you can calculate within a couple hundred troops what another player has based on what he's shown up in battle with, especially if that player had an extended battle where he likely brought everything he had the next month. A little variation to the effect of gains from villages and towns could help encourage more spying.

Training with a max benefit of 25 points to both layers attack seems fairly insignificant. Maybe boost the bonus you get from training and you make it more appealing to stay up on.
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

I tried to do training for 3 turns but the amount of troops I was generating from Draft 3 and the battles was always making it so I never came out on top of my training.

For instance my character can do 10 training per turn, my NPC can do 5.
100 (15) troops.
Then I go to battle and get idk 15 spoils, and my captured village generates 100 more troops.
Now I have 150 (8) troops or something, because of losses incurred during battle also being factored in. makes it feel like my actions served very little purpose to raise training only slightly

So yes, I can def see the loopholes of how raising NPC points was >>>>> all

I've also done a spy action on a faction and I noticed it shows the data of:

Jian Bian 3000 (50) Troops, 3000 armaments
^-- that's all I saw from the spy, which is perfectly fine, but as soon as I refreshed the data was gone. We might want to include a warning somewhere or something that the data will disappear as soon as you leave the page and you won't be able to see it again. If anything, to prevent headaches for yourself.. maybe a prompt before? "You can only view spy information once, blah blah. Are you ready?" Click ok.

However, main point.. is there a way to implement a function in the future where players can "recruit" some of the free NPCs within a "pool" that have escaped battle or been "discovered" somehow?

Maybe allow your NPC points to be spent on people in the free agent pool, and those NPCs are set at prices determined by their collective stat value (100, 300, 500 just as if you rolled your own.. maybe a NPC like Lu Xun costs you 1000 points hell if I know)

idk just spit balling here

..Tuesday, am I right? :lol:
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

How difficult would it be to separate attackin and defending officers so it would be easier for us to read the battle results?
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Suicide Fox wrote:How difficult would it be to separate attackin and defending officers so it would be easier for us to read the battle results?
Not sure what the logical order that is used, could potentially add text to ID them as attackers and from what melee perhaps?
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

I don't think any of our ages increased! I should be 37! ^.^
But if that coding is too much a pain in the arse I get it
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Suicide Fox wrote:I don't think any of our ages increased! I should be 37! ^.^