The Great Boat Robbery

Moderator: Game Masters

Belial
Marquis

Re: The Great Boat Robbery

Post by Belial »

It only took moments for Alexandrus to overcome his opponent, to finally press his advantage as his wits returned to him. With his lips set in a snarl of anger, his fingers encircled the sailor's wrists. Squeezing them and twisting them painfully to the side, Alexandrus attempted to dislocate and crush the man's wrists. Yet, the sailor could do little more than squirm beneath Alexandrus' bulk. To grunt in pain and finally screamed as his wrist painfully gave way and Alexandrus snatched up the dagger with which he took the man's life. After that, it only took him moments to come to his feet. To take up his halberd and join Niu Gongzhu in her struggle. The fight had shifted once more and the momentum favored the duo as they fought against the enemy with their superior range. It was easy to keep those sailors at bay, but, it was impossible for either Niu Gongzhu or Alexandrus to truly deliver damage. Because with each discouraging thrust and lance, the enemy danced away. The sailors weapons was useless at that range and they knew only closing would mean their survival for already the ship was slowly submerging, sinking underneath the murky water's depths.

It was time for a desperation plan. The sailors knew only by charging they could live and with a final shout they charged Gongzhu and Alexandrus. They ran forward and mounted the ship's edge, preparing themselves to leap over. Little more had they mounted the edge did they die, a quick thrust from both Gongzhu and Alexandrus ending their lives. In what was a long and bloody battle, the ships was finally claimed. The enemy's vanguard defeated.

Yet, it had cost them dearly. All fifteen men assigned for the amphibious assault had died. While those five who accompanied the officers had fallen. Yet, even the officer Kijo Akki, Pei Jia, and even Raid Captain Chi had fallen while Alexandrus suffered many wounds. Lei Anshui, Niu Gongzhu, Alexandrus Publius, and Sho Tao had survived their bloody fight yet at a truly taxing cost.

A single question remained for the survivors, however. Would they simply scuttle the vanguard's ships as commanded and return to Gan the Axe and the pirate fleet for their next grand assault upon the convoy itself? Or, would the survivors run for their lives?
OOC Notice: I would like to apologize to all of you whom have been involved. To be quite honest, my dice have been... more than a bit cruel thus far. This vanguard skirmish was meant to be over in less than two or three replies but most of the players involved continue to roll alarmingly low. Well, the main portion of this quest is still ahead. That is the truly dangerous and truly rewarding portion of this quest. However, due to this quest taking so long and proving so dangerous thus far, I would like to extend an offer to the remaining players.

If Lei Anshui (RuffRyder), Niu Gongzhu (FlareKnight), Alexandrus Publius (Alexoren), or Sho Tao (Scorpion) would like to withdraw now and not continue the quest, they may withdraw with a partial reward for their attempts thus far. For the rest, even if a sole player remains (even if the difficulty would be.. very hard), I will continue the quest as planned with the possibility of the full reward. So, in summary, you can do this.

Drop out now for a partial reward or continue for a full reward. I am willing and able to run this quest and only offer it due to the extremely poor luck of rolls thus far.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Letting out a slow breath Alexandrus gathered his wits upon finally defeating the last of the enemy sailors. "Bastards fight too hard." he grumbled as he walked over and cut some of the cloth that was not covered in blood off of the body of a nearby dead sailor and bandaged his wounds tightly to keep him from passing out. Upon doing that he would begin to look through the bodies of the fallen to find any useful gear, weapons, or even some gold to take for himself. With that done he would turn about and look at Niu with a questioning face. "What now?" It would be easy for the two of them to escape and flee the scene and that was mainly the direction of his simple question. However, whether Niu decided to flee or not Alexandrus was a warrior of Roma and would not flee from battle. He would rather die in the heat of a grand battle than die in his sleep or of illness. It was honor and glory that he quested for and he would not gain that if he did not push on even when the path looked difficult. "I return to Gan. I not retreat now. What of you?"

Name: Alexandrus Brutus Publius
Stats: 81-94-44-59-38
Skills: Faze, Qianshu 2, Maraud 2, Pierce 2, Instructor 2
Items: +4 might halberd, +3 might armor, +1 speed horse, +2 com book, +2 jud book
flare_knight1
Officer

Post by flare_knight1 »

Glad to be done with all these men, Niu grabbed the closest corpse and wiped off her weapon, sighing as the roman demanded to continue the fight. Brushing some of her sweaty hair away from her face. "Alright then Alexandrus, we shall continue with our job. After all, someone must prevent you from dying." she said, sighing.

Name: Niu Gongzhu
Stats: 80-98-36-55-40
Skills: Instructor II, Maraud II, Pierce II, Qiangshu II
Items: Spear(+4 Might), Armor (+2 Might), Horse (+1 Defense, +1 Speed)
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

Tao wiped the mud from his mostly naked body and went off to find his armor. While he searched for his things, he wondered how Gan would feel on the loss of raid commander Chi. Then he remembered the crossbow bolt lodged into the kid. He muttered "Probably not much" under his breath and continued his search. He found his armor and went took the time to strap it back on. Feeling himself again, he searched for survivors. There were none. He glanced some movement in the distance and approached slowly. As the one responsible came into view, he recognized them as his comrades. For the most part, the other distinguished officers were only a little beat up. The Roman had the worst of it. So he made himself known and saw if there was anything he could do to aid them. Then they set off back to the main camp where Gan the ax was waiting.

Edit: since when do I bail on quests bud? U know I'm in it to win it!

Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-111-28-44-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Items: Horse - (+1 speed horse), Head - (+7 mig Helm), Body - (+7 mig Armor), Weapon - (+5 mig ax)
Soldiers: 10 (83) Bronze armor and Halberds
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"I don't know about you lot, but I barely even got to fight that time. I swear, I'm not taking that lousy ballista again. Let's get back to Gan, and see if he gives us a job right proper for warriors now." Anshui nodded, intent upon continuing the fight. The others looked rather roughed up, but it struck her as just a spell of bad luck. That was bound to change.

Name: Lei Anshui
Stats: 53-100*-34-74-78
Skills: Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Items: Horsie (Spd +1), Tribal Headdress (Mgt +7), Battle Harness (Mgt +7), Guan Dao (Halberd, Mgt 2), Composite Bow (Ranged)
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

OOC Note: I'm glad to see no one took my offer! I hope you are all having fun... Because things will get dangerous soon enough!

The four survivors of that raid all agreed. To the man, each of the four agreed on their future. They would continue their struggle despite their losses and they would return to Gan the Axe. Each would remained signed on and each of the four would participate in that coming raid upon Lord Sun Wu's fleet. Gathering their weapons and armors, the four went about their final tasks. To the ship, each of the vanguard was scuttled. Each ship put to the torch or sunk with a well aimed shot of the ballista, leaving each of the ships to sink to the murky depths below. Even the ballista was dismantled and thrown to the water's churning and bloody depths. By the end of the day, six ships laid scuttled and almost fifty dead. Yet, it would serve its purpose. By completing that bloody work, Lord Sun Wu's fleet would be stopped when they finally reached the remnants of the battlefield. The convoy would have to put to anchor and divers sent under to break away the masts and protruding wood so the large bottomed trading vessels could continue past. It was a blockade that would leave the ships anchored away for almost the week. A week in which the pirates could prepare for their bloody work ahead.

Yet, it was a long and hard journey for those four survivors. Without either boat or guide, the four found themselves wandering across that boggy and dangerous swamp. By a stroke of luck, they continued their venture without incident. Yet, it was a night fall by the time they approached the pirate's camp. It was a noisy and boisterous affair, no more organized than when they had left. Yet, within the distance and upon the river, laid the two ships of Gan the Axe.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

After a long search without the aid of raid commander Chi, or the sun for that matter..., Tao and his three companions caught site of the two pirate ships.

"It's about damn time..."

Tao looked over to the injured Roman.

"Alexandrus, how are you holding up? Do you need a hand for the rest of the way?"

Tao offered the Roman his shoulder to lean on while they made their way back. Whether he accepted the assistance or not.

"Alright then, lets get back. We don't have all damn night. We can get some wine and some rest when we get there. I'll give Gan the Ax our debreifing when we get back. One of you get Alexandrus some medical attention. If there is any to be had in Gan's camp that doesn't include a crossbow..."

edit: i guess ill add on some more <_<

The remaining four entered the camp and Tao attempted to find Gan the Ax. Upon finding him (assuming I do) he attempts an audience.

"Gan, our mission was successful. Though our casualties were many. We are all that remain. Raid command Chi fell upon leaving himself open in the skirmish on one of the ship's decks. He died at my side. The ships are scuttled and the four of us are eager for our next assignment. Alexandrus has suffered some wounds, but I believe he is still fit for battle. What would you have us do next?"
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

The young barbarian didn't seem too flustered or bothered by the terrain they had had to go through heading back. She'd been through worse, after all. It was uncomfortable, but unavoidable where she came from down south, but it was not something she'd expected in the Riverlands here. She nods at the mention of someone else doing the talking to the person who had asked for the aid, not exactly in the mood for much chatting at the moment, after her companion had suddenly died on her. Awful luck, that...

Name: Lei Anshui
Stats: 53-100*-34-74-78
Skills: Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Items: Horsie (Spd +1), Tribal Headdress (Mgt +7), Battle Harness (Mgt +7), Guan Dao (Halberd, Mgt 2), Composite Bow (Ranged)
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

He tried hard to push through his injuries but they were taking their toll. he heard the words of one of the other men that had survived. Offering his hand to someone he barely knew seemed silly. Even sillier to accept it however, this man had fought hard and gained the trust of Alexandrus for the moment. "Yah I could use the help." he mumbled as he leaned against Sho Tao letting some of the tension in his tired legs flow away.

The group traveled through some 'harsh' terrain but Alexandrus had gone through worse in the wars back in his homeland. Although it was somewhat more irritating with his injuries and his loss of blood but he still pushed on. No way this brute would die today.

As Alexandrus entered the camp with the rest of the survivers he noticed Tao split off to meet with Gan the Axe. The large white skinned man looked about at his comrades in arms and sighed. "I'm getting doctor." he grumbled as he walked off to find any sort of medical attention. Bandaging his wounds and removing the chunk of arrow that was still lodged in his flesh was top priority before helping the idiot that sent them off on a suicide mission.

Name: Alexandrus Brutus Publius
Stats: 81-94-44-59-38
Skills: Faze, Qianshu 2, Maraud 2, Pierce 2, Instructor 2
Items: +4 might halberd, +3 might armor, +1 speed horse, +2 com book, +2 jud book
flare_knight1
Officer

Post by flare_knight1 »

Following the others, Niu trudged along in silence after the sinking of the boats, glad enough that the group that was here managed to survive, but it really was a sad lot. Only a handful of the boarding party had survived, and Alexandrus was injured. So, wearily, she made her way back to the ship with the others and waited silently.

Name: Niu Gongzhu
Stats: 80-98-36-55-40
Skills: Instructor II, Maraud II, Pierce II, Qiangshu II
Items: Spear(+4 Might), Armor (+2 Might), Horse (+1 Defense, +1 Speed)
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I