Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
Jablis
Officer

Re: The Scholar of Qufu

Post by Jablis »

Character Name: Liao Zun
Character Stats: 56-32-69-75-71
Liao Zun(27) 56-42-69-72-71 Artisan, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Engineer, Politician II, Public Planner II
Unchained Phoenix
Colonel

Post by Unchained Phoenix »

Puyang Shuang
60-45-88-43-60
Puyang Shuang (19) 60-45-114*-43-80*
Aid II, Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Entangle I, Jeer I, Scout II, Scribe II
7986 (100) Troops
547g

Followers: Hua Gongming, Yuan Man
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Quest Started:

Current Standings:
1) Zu Yanghei [Brother Dun]
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng]
3) Shi Tong [Shi Tong]
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87]
6) Zhefu [Mikal]
7) Biao Fu [Chrs]
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Lei]
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen]
10) Jin Sui [Big Grizzly]
11) Liao Zun [Jablis]
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix]

Day One:

"Good, good. It is good to see none of you are foolish enough to not properly know the honorary title of the man whose temple you reside within." the old man cackled before clapping his hands. "Yet, let us see who might properly answer this next riddle."

"Qin Shi Huang built a empire and sought the secret of immortality. He sought to rule for ten thousand years, but, a man sought to insure it never happened. This man met with Qin Shi Huang and attempted to kill him. This man sought to kill him in his very audience chamber with a quick stab of a poisoned knife. However, his mission horribly failed as all of you should know. Yet, who was the man's partner who failed to get a audience with Qin Shi Huang?"

PMed Answers due within 24 hours.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day One Results:
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng]
3) Shi Tong [Shi Tong]
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87]
6) Zhefu [Mikal]
7) Biao Fu [Chrs]
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Lei] Strikes: 1
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen]
11) Liao Zun [Jablis]
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix]

One by one, the mysterious scholar led them away. Expecting them to simply answer it upon the spot before letting them return to the group without the knowledge of if they was right or wrong. Yet, eventually, all twelve of the men had been guided off and away and he could only laugh in mirth as he happily clapped his hands. "Oh my! So many of you was right! the answer was in fact Qin Wuyang. So good, at least you know the era!" the man chuckled. "Now, we will just have to see what tomorrow brings."

Day Two:

The mysterious scholar returned upon the second day and posed another question.
"The sweaty eel escaped his death but the venomous snake failed to kill the Fenghuang. The Fenghuang bit the snake seven times while the wily serpent failed to strike once. The serpent sadly died upon that day and left the eel to escape. Yet, the blind songbird sought to challenge the phoenix, but, had its wings clipped. Yet, the song of that blind bird lived on to inspire the bull and owl. Just who was the bull and owl?"

Twenty Four Hours to reply!
Starring As:
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

After the second round of questioning, the scholar of Zhongxin Zhishi set about to speak to his competitors. To the assembled competition, the man smiled at them, "Well, fellow scholars and men of learning. I would like to know all of your stories, from where you hail, and how it is you managed to come here. Who among you wishes to gain this ultimate prize, or who wishes to simply gain some of our hosts earthly riches."

The scholar paused a moment and smiled, "If anyone is interested in sharing your story, please... Seek me out, I shall return to one of the rest areas of the temple."

With that, the man left the room, heading off to a separate chamber, hoping to entertain himself with the stories and goals of his fellow knowledge-seekers.
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

Turning to Guan Yin She, Zhefu, Biao Fu and Guan Sho, Zetie Pi spoke, "Well, that first question was simple enough, and this new one is only somewhat more challenging, wouldn't you agree my friends?"
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
Jablis
Officer

Post by Jablis »

Liao Zun shook his head sadly. He barely understood the question and this other guy seemed to pass it off as child's play. Perhaps he still had much to learn.
Liao Zun(27) 56-42-69-72-71 Artisan, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Engineer, Politician II, Public Planner II
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Two Results:
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng] Strikes: 1
3) Shi Tong [Shi Tong] Strikes: 1
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87]
6) Zhefu [Mikal] Withdrew
7) Biao Fu [Chrs] Strikes: 1
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Lei] Strikes: 2
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen]
11) Liao Zun [Jablis] Strikes: 1
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix] Strikes: 1

Once more, the scholar led each contestant off and away to listen to their answers. Yet, with a grin, he settled down within the great chambers of the Hall of Knowledge. His wrinkled features split in a grin. "Such interesting answers! Most of you was right.. but, a few of those was quite colorful. Perhaps it passed over your head, but, the answer was Zhang Liang and the strongman. I had hoped you to take the first question and get your first step. The sweaty eel was Qin Wuyang while the serpent was Jing Ke. The blind songbird was Gao Jianli, a friend of Jing Ke who. Well.. consider this for now. I will return tomorrow." he commented before shambling away.

Day Three:
Upon the third day, the scholar returned once more. Yet, rather than pause and boldly announce his answer, the old man merely strode through the room as twelve men followed after him. Within the hands of each servant laid a small wooden box. "Hello," the old man softly announced, "I hope you are ready for your next puzzle. Each of you, please step forward and take your box. Please follow the instructions and bring it back tomorrow." he softly announced before moving away, the servants waiting with the boxes.

Inside the box laid a small note and a silk rope. The note is blunt and to the point.
"Simply undo this rope without breaking the wax and keep the silk in one piece."
The small length of silk rope, six inches in length. The silken strip has been stretched to form a oval with the two ends glued together by dot of blue wax. Attempts to ease the silk apart will result in the wax breaking.

Twenty Four Hours to reply! There is more than one accepted answer to this.
Starring As:
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Brother Dun wrote:After the second round of questioning, the scholar of Zhongxin Zhishi set about to speak to his competitors. To the assembled competition, the man smiled at them, "Well, fellow scholars and men of learning. I would like to know all of your stories, from where you hail, and how it is you managed to come here. Who among you wishes to gain this ultimate prize, or who wishes to simply gain some of our hosts earthly riches."

The scholar paused a moment and smiled, "If anyone is interested in sharing your story, please... Seek me out, I shall return to one of the rest areas of the temple."

With that, the man left the room, heading off to a separate chamber, hoping to entertain himself with the stories and goals of his fellow knowledge-seekers.
Jin Sui shrugged and followed the man. "You are looking for stories, Sir? My goals are my own, but I could share my story, if you wish."
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"