Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

VoShay
Marquis

Re: Tavern

Post by VoShay »

"That is an... amiable goal." He said, nodding slowly. "But how can you serve the butcher of Xianyang so gleefully? Before he has begun his rule Liu Bang and others rebel against him. His tyranny is simply more of the same from the Qin. The people tire of it. Do you not as well?" He asked with curiosity. "Even as Qi was spared most of the bloodshed.. still my heart weeps for the tragedy to befall some of the other states..."
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Jian's expression slowly changed to one of defeat, as the words spoken by this man had been considered by Jian as well. He nodded his head before responding, "I know, and I asked Xiao about that as well. I heard Xiang Yu ordered some 200,000 men killed, soldiers who had surrendered. Our father taught us to be noble, to have mercy on those weaker than ourselves, and yet he served Chu for many years."

He finished the last of his wine before looking back at Yin She, a look of confusion on his normally jovial face. "I don't know, Xiao said we'll see what happens, and that we have to give it a try, and if he asks us to do something like that we'll leave to find a proper Lord to serve. I don't know," he said with a shrug, "I know war is harsh, and that one must often do things they'd rather not, but out of filial devotion to our father we feel as though we have no choice...I suppose."

This was obviously a topic which Jian had been battling with for some time, at least since he heard about having to enlist with the Chu kingdom. He was young and possessed a good heart, but the warrior in him, combined with his need to seek glory and fame, made it a difficult choice.
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

"I do not wish to pounce upon your doubts, but I have seen the suffering caused by them all my life. I will tolerate it no longer. Qi will unite and rise up, and we will challenge the atrocities that are being committed. I do not want to challenge the Hegemon-King... but I will not see another act like that. Like Xianyang. I cannot let our people be murdered. We are all Chinese. And if you find truth in this... today, or tomorrow, or next year... there is a home in Qi for you and your family. Even if we need protect you from the might of Chu." He said, smiling. It hurt his heart to see more men clinging to the honor Xiang Yu never had, serving a brutal monster because of the qualities that made them great. "We can.. talk of something else if you like. I am not to bore your ears with talk of dissension and recruitment. Your brother and yourself are loyal to Chu, and I respect it." He said, all the while hoping his words had found some home in the man. Every man who saw Xiang Yu for who he really is was another man he need not face as an enemy.
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Doc Strange wrote:"No, first time" replied Liang Wei. It was his first time coming to a tavern with a one-eyed boy as a servant. "Used to go to some other tavern with my father and his colleagues, not anymore." He finished up his rice, and proceed to eat the fish. It was rather strange for a man to finish up the rice first, but not for him. "How about you? Ever been here before?"
"Once or twice," he replied. "Never seen much of anybody here before, let alone with company." He took another bite, thinking about the situation. He swallowed and said, "You gonna move over here? Don't want the non-existent people thinking we're crazy."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

VoShay wrote:"I do not wish to pounce upon your doubts, but I have seen the suffering caused by them all my life. I will tolerate it no longer. Qi will unite and rise up, and we will challenge the atrocities that are being committed. I do not want to challenge the Hegemon-King... but I will not see another act like that. Like Xianyang. I cannot let our people be murdered. We are all Chinese. And if you find truth in this... today, or tomorrow, or next year... there is a home in Qi for you and your family. Even if we need protect you from the might of Chu." He said, smiling. It hurt his heart to see more men clinging to the honor Xiang Yu never had, serving a brutal monster because of the qualities that made them great. "We can.. talk of something else if you like. I am not to bore your ears with talk of dissension and recruitment. Your brother and yourself are loyal to Chu, and I respect it." He said, all the while hoping his words had found some home in the man. Every man who saw Xiang Yu for who he really is was another man he need not face as an enemy.
Jian listened intently, his eyes slightly widened from shock. He realized that there must be some truth to what Yin She was said due to the passion in his voice. He nodded his head slightly as he tried to shake off his astonishment. He smiled weakly before saying, "It's alright, I am not that loyal to him. We have chosen to serve out of respect for our father. I do appreciate that you would take us in, should we change our minds, and I'll certainly let brother know as well."

He looked down at his bowl of wine, allowing the words to sink deeply in to his memory. While he was young and impetuous, Jian did not think himself a fool by any means. He looked back to Yin She before adding, "so, you're a magistrate, what does that entail exactly? Do you rule over a single village, several towns, or a whole province?"
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

"The Guans and their allies administer to the entire province, serving to protect and oversee all the villages and towns therein. I believe soon we may even be asked to take over one of the cities. You'll forgive me if I won't say which." He smiled wryly as he said that. "If all goes according to plan.. we will be in control of Qi sooner rather then later- so that we can begin to develop. We must strengthen our homeland before making war or others- it is not our way to needlessly spill blood. If we must act to unify China, to stop Chu or another in their bloodthirsty conquest, then we shall step forward. Until then... Qi is more then enough for any man." He sipped at the tea again, and looked to the door. "Your brother is on his way, you say? I would be interested to meet with him." He seemed to change subjects on a whim.. or a memory. "My Father served with Qi. I do feel a bit of filial piety pulling on my strings, in this unification of Qi. To bring back the glory of our previous state."
Guan Yin She

Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Jian nodded and listened, genuinely interested in the subject of Qi. When the topic of Xiao is broached he too looked at the door and let out a small sigh before shrugging his shoulders. "He's often late. Sometimes he gets carried away discussing politics and diplomacy, especially when the person he's talking to is more knowledgeable than he is. I've never understood his interest in such matters, but he's always saying that words can topple an empire just as easily as swords." Again he shrugged before adding, "I suppose he got that from mother, as our father was more of a military man."

((I've sent him a PM so he should be joining as soon as he can.))
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

((OoC: Open RP with Kayfen.))

Through the doorway a young man strode and marched over to a table by the wall with a good view of the entrance way. From his expression and body language he didn't seem to be overly pleased and after sitting at the table for a short while he kicked over the chair across from him and muttered something under his breath. The waitress, who had come with a tray of cups and a steaming teapot just at that moment, jolted and nearly dropped her tray. "Sorry!" The youth immediately leapt to his feet, corrected the chair, and took the tray from the woman with a nervous smile. She shyly bowed, only seeming not to refuse the help out of manners, before she straightened again. The youth grinned, at finding that he stood half a head over her, and stepped close to whisper something in her ear.

The slap which the waitress responded with resounded in the large room before she hurried away and he clutched his reddened cheek. He looked even more grumpy as he dropped back into his chair with a thud, while still holding his face, and then glowered at the doorway.
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

((Aisha!))

Another man, with a mild expression and hands in his sleeves, entered the tavern just in time to witness the slap. He seated himself in the chair that had just been kicked over then righted and gave the other man a slight smile. "Remind me to teach you manners...especially toward the womenfolk."
Hu Kang Chí táng huà | Age 25 | Stats: 55-38-84-80-50
Skills: Confuse II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Doctor, Civil Administrator II, Propagandist I, Scout I, Scribe I
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

"Bah! So I can get as much action as you do, bái kāi shuǐ?*" The youth spat the words at him and sat up from his hunched posture, rubbing his cheek and glancing after the retreating waitress with a sneer, then he drops his hand to the table with a light thump. "Where've you been, anyway? You know I hate waitin'..." His dark eyes slid off to the side as though distracted by something but they didn't seem to focus on anything. "Ah!" He looked back at the man across from him and jabbed a finger in his direction as he continued: "A messenger came with a letter today! I figured it was for you but it wasn't. Why would someone write to me? It's stupid. I can't even read it." He folded his arms and lowered his chin to his chest in a sulking posture.

*Plain boiled water
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II