Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiao Gau
Major

Re: Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiao Gau »

-=Kai chuckled, a cold sound completely devoid of humor.=- "Oh, I know that you can fight. That much is evident. Takes a pair that clank to walk in and make demands in the middle of my forces. No one here is doubting your fighting ability.

"But it takes more than a strong back to ride under my banner. It takes a cold heart, a willingness to do unspeakable things. Before I let you take up a mask and ride in our band.. you'll have to prove to me that you have that sort of will." -=He shifts again, eying the powerful warrior up and down.

He calls down to his soldiers, and Tan in particular.=-
"Let her pass, we'll see what she's got." -=Turning his dead eyes to the warrior woman, he continues.=- "You can come up. Leave your gear down stairs. You won't need it. Now we'll see just what kind of woman you are..." -=he says coldly as he turns and slides back through the window into the upstairs portion of the inn.

On the street below, Lou Tan grumbles, but stands aside, lowering his spear. Glaring he speaks to the woman.=-
"Kai is waiting. You best hurry.. keeping him waiting won't make it any more pleasant.."
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Chin had spent a few days convincing the right people to say the right things in Xunliu, and it seemed to be paying off. Reports where being brought in, mostly true at that, about the governor of Quni. He could easily see Tianshi getting more and more irritated at the 'apparent behavior' of the governor. Still, it hadn't wasn't enough to get him to go along with Chin's decision to aid the bandits in their objective. Atleast, it wasn't until Tianshi noticed that Daiyu the smith had seemed to disappear. Chin hadn't realized it either until then, but with some careful thought, Chin grinned evilly, a wonderful, terrible idea coming to him. Moving quickly, he spread word out to his contacts in the various units of the army, and got a collection of his former 'friends' to signup to fight for Tianshi. As the new recruits came in, they slowly spread word that the governor of Quni had the smith kidnapped as she was heading out on some business of her own. Tianshi was furious, and was prepared to move his army on the city alone, when Chin stepped forward with an apparent thought

Sergeant Chin "There are other armies in Changshan, bandits to be sure, but other forces still my lord. Even with you leading us, the sheer numbers of the forces of Quni would be too much for us to overcome. Word from the new recruits is that these 'Red Mask' troops are also having problems with Quni, and not just his governor. Seems his people are just like him, and that can't be good for anyone that gets brought to that city. Normally, it wouldn't do for a lord such as you to be seen with bandits like the Red Mask's, but ya gotta admit, they've left us alone so far. They can't be that bad. There must have been something personal between their leader and those people at the town. Besides, this is a golden opportunity, my lord. We can make quite a tidy profit from this venture, or so I hear. And, if we move fast enough, we could even save that smith girl"

A few days and arguments later, Chin was heading to Kuailang, having volunteered to go negotiate with the Red Masks, and half the things Tianshi wanted had already been decided upon between Dao and himself. Still, wouldn't do to seem like he knew what was going on too much. Keeping his cloak around the two short-handled axes he always carried, Chin approached the town, looking for someone to lead him to that old bandit.
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
Xun Xiao
Ensign

Post by Xun Xiao »

Chinka wrote:In the plains of Changshan just south of Quni. Cheng Dang has joined a scouting party scooping the land out. It is now dusk, and Cheng Dang had just changed from camouflaging soldier fatigues into his gaudy pink robes. Preparing a round of drinks for the soldiers who weren't yet assigned for look out duty. They had been doing this for a few days now, perhaps tonight he would have his expected visitor.

CLOSED ROLEPLAY UNLESS YOU KNEW Cheng Dang WOULD BE HERE, or are a member of his officers who decided to tag along.
From the distance, a solitary man could be seen approaching the camp on horseback. As darkness approached, so too did the rider who blended in so well with the dusk. Spurring on his mount, the man hastened his way to the encampment South of Quni. While still a relatively considerable distance away, he dismounted, and, whether planned or not, the horse went on ahead of him as he walked the remainder of the way.

"So, it seems the man who now claims influence in Wei has seen it fit to visit Changshan. A shame his army was unable to accompany him, we have such an unfortunate bandit infestation at the moment," thought Cao to himself. "As a matter of fact, they may just end up being our chief export! The peasants and traders really let their own crafts suffer when their crops and shops are ablaze. Does a burning building ever stop an arsonist from doing his job?
No!" mused Xiahou Cao, who shouted the last word off into the distance. "Laziness, that's all it is," he theorized with a resumed internal monologue. Cao let off a chuckle, which gradually turned to full-fledged laughter, possibly audible to the guards on duty, as he continued forward. "So, I get to meet the Black Dog tonight. An odd thing, to meet with a dog, though I suppose I've always wanted a smaller pet. You can train a horse to run down an armored man, yet try to housebreak them, and your sister winds up pregnant. Yes, a dog would be much better!"

Approaching the guards at last with a dopish smile upon his face, Xiahou Cao noticed his horse already present, and, spreading his arms, he exclaimed,
"Ah, excellent, you have found my horse! What talented stableboys Cheng Dang employs, though I suppose it is an important characteristic for the Black Dog's men to possess. You wouldn't want him to escape, now, would you?" Cao questioned, pausing as though he expected a response, before resuming. "Of course not! What would you be guarding if he did? Why, the lot of you would be less useful than even a stableboy if that were the case! Now, then. Would someone let Cheng Dang know that the Black Horseman, Xiahou Cao, has arrived? I did not come here from Quni simply because South is my favorite direction," finished the general as though he had reached a truly deep and enlightening conclusion.
Xiahou Cao (36)
104*-102*-45-77-19
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline I, Qiangshu II, Sortie II, Trainer II
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=Kai chuckled, a cold sound completely devoid of humor.=- "Oh, I know that you can fight. That much is evident. Takes a pair that clank to walk in and make demands in the middle of my forces. No one here is doubting your fighting ability.

"But it takes more than a strong back to ride under my banner. It takes a cold heart, a willingness to do unspeakable things. Before I let you take up a mask and ride in our band.. you'll have to prove to me that you have that sort of will." -=He shifts again, eying the powerful warrior up and down.

He calls down to his soldiers, and Tan in particular.=-
"Let her pass, we'll see what she's got." -=Turning his dead eyes to the warrior woman, he continues.=- "You can come up. Leave your gear down stairs. You won't need it. Now we'll see just what kind of woman you are..." -=he says coldly as he turns and slides back through the window into the upstairs portion of the inn.

On the street below, Lou Tan grumbles, but stands aside, lowering his spear. Glaring he speaks to the woman.=-
"Kai is waiting. You best hurry.. keeping him waiting won't make it any more pleasant.."

Shi ponders this for just a moment, then pulls her spear out of the ground, glares at Tan and walks into the inn. She deposits her weapons, armor, and sack in a corner and looks around at the men and women assembled there. "If I come back down and any..and I do mean any.. of my gear is missing, I will carve off your skin until you return them or tell me who took them. " She then turns and walks upstairs to where she figures Kai is and pushes open the door and then slams it behind her. "Alright, let's get this over with. I can assure you I am just the kind of woman you described....If I had any kind of morals and heart, I wouldn't be here looking to join your band. And yea, I am willing to do anything to get what I want...so let's see if you really are the man I've been hearing about."
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Jun Shan
Ensign

Post by Jun Shan »

Jun Shan looked over at Liu as she walked in a took her spot against the wall and merely inclined his head at her before looking back at Diao and the warchest. "That won't be necessary." Looking around the room once more his eyes ended on Diao. "Shouldn't be a problem for my men, we know the importance of silence, and whooping and hollering like a bunch of idiots doesn't help a spear pierce bodies any better from my experience."
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird
-=The few bandits lounging around the inside of the inn chuckle as the proud warrior walks in and removes her gear, setting is aside. An aged man seated at the central table, studying a map, nods as she makes her threat.=- "No one will bother it, I'll see to it." -=he says quietly, returning to his studies.

Upstairs, Shi finds Kai waiting, knives in hand, behind the door as she slams it. So angry that she apparently was paying little attention, Shi shouts at empty air as Kai silently slides the chain lock in place. From behind, she hears a cruel chuckle as the half-breed slips up behind her and puts the knife against her throat. Pulling her backwards, bringing her head down he whispers against her ear.=-
"Oh, I think you'll find that I'm exactly the sort of man they say I am..."

---some time later---

-=Kai descents the stairs, shirtless and dotted here and there with blood. Idly, he wipes his bloody knives clean on his pants. None of those gathered commented; either on Kai's appearance, or the sound from upstairs. Xiao still sat at the table and considered pages of notes and referenced the crude map as Kai took a seat at the table beside him.=- "We have a plan then? You've got the notes you wanted.." -=The bandit lord says to the aged captain.

Xiao nods.=-
"Yes, Kai. I think this will be fine. Just have a few last minute details to see to. How about your.. er.. test.. shall we say? We can use her strength."

-=Kai nods with a cruel leer.=- "Oh, she's as strong as she says she is. If she doesn't bolt screaming after that.. we'll take her. I almost feel bad for the first person she gets to vent all of that on. It won't be pretty..."

-----------------------------------------
Tao Min Kia

-=It wasn't long before Chin was spotted by Kai's patrols. A short time later, a heavily built man with a spear approaches the cloaked stranger, accompanied by half a dozen masked soldiers.=- "Stop right there. Who are you, and what stupidity brings you to Kuailang?" -=The spear carrier says without much of an introduction.

-----------------------------------------
Jun Shan

-=The old bandit nods, shrugging a little. "As long as your men are properly equipped and ready to fight, that's all that matter. This is a huge gambit for us, and will either put us ahead or ruin us. Everyone must be in top form." -=Xiao said, looking to Kai.

The bandit lord nods, looking around to examine the faces of his captains.=-
"We've got the strength, and the manpower. Word is, we'll even have professional tactics. Kàng has been an annoyance for too long, sitting smug behind his walls, thinking hisself better than me..." -=Kai said with a snarl.

Lou Tan stepped forward and pointed towards the map spread out of the table.=-
"Come this time next month.. that place'll be just a burn mark. And we'll all have plenty to show for it."
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:Redbird
-=The few bandits lounging around the inside of the inn chuckle as the proud warrior walks in and removes her gear, setting it aside. An aged man seated at the central table, studying a map, nods as she makes her threat.=- "No one will bother it, I'll see to it." -=he says quietly, returning to his studies.

Upstairs, Shi finds Kai waiting, knives in hand, behind the door as she slams it. So angry that she apparently was paying little attention, Shi shouts at empty air as Kai silently slides the chain lock in place. From behind, she hears a cruel chuckle as the half-breed slips up behind her and puts the knife against her throat. Pulling her backwards, bringing her head down he whispers against her ear.=- "Oh, I think you'll find that I'm exactly the sort of man they say I am..."

---some time later---

-=Kai descends the stairs, shirtless and dotted here and there with blood. Idly, he wipes his bloody knives clean on his pants. None of those gathered commented; either on Kai's appearance, or the sounds from upstairs. Xiao still sat at the table and considered pages of notes and referenced the crude map as Kai took a seat at the table beside him.=- "We have a plan then? You've got the notes you wanted.." -=The bandit lord says to the aged captain.

Xiao nods.=- "Yes, Kai. I think this will be fine. Just have a few last minute details to see to. How about your.. er.. test.. shall we say? We can use her strength."

-=Kai nods with a cruel leer.=- "Oh, she's as strong as she says she is. If she doesn't bolt screaming after that.. we'll take her. I almost feel bad for the first person she gets to vent all of that on. It won't be pretty..."

After Kai went downstairs, Shi stayed in the room for a few minutes, exhausted, her clothes torn in places, and specks of blood covering her. She fumed a bit, but then shrugged it off. She's done worse for much less and she knew she made it in, otherwise she wouldn't be having this inner conversation with herself. She tried to clean herself up as much as possible, ending up just wrapping her chest in what was left of her shirt. If nothing else, she could raid one of the villagers houses and find her some new shirts. Finally, she followed Kai downstairs, looking a bit more torn up then when she went up there, various cuts and bruises dotting her body, and retrieved her things and nodded to the man that had told her no one would touch them as thanks. She glared about the room, daring someone to say something. When no one did, she put her gear back on and grabbed hold of her spear, then walked over to Kai, her face cold as steel.

"So...by the fact that I'm still alive, I'm gonna guess I'm in. What's the plan and where do I fit in it?"
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:After Kai went downstairs, Shi stayed in the room for a few minutes, exhausted, her clothes torn in places, and specks of blood covering her. She fumed a bit, but then shrugged it off. She's done worse for much less and she knew she made it in, otherwise she wouldn't be having this inner conversation with herself. She tried to clean herself up as much as possible, ending up just wrapping her chest in what was left of her shirt. If nothing else, she could raid one of the villagers houses and find her some new shirts. Finally, she followed Kai downstairs, looking a bit more torn up then when she went up there, various cuts and bruises dotting her body, and retrieved her things and nodded to the man that had told her no one would touch them as thanks. She glared about the room, daring someone to say something. When no one did, she put her gear back on and grabbed hold of her spear, then walked over to Kai, her face cold as steel.

"So...by the fact that I'm still alive, I'm gonna guess I'm in. What's the plan and where do I fit in it?"

"You survived, means you've got what it takes." -=was all Kai said as Shi stormed up to him and glared. His expression remained flat and lifeless as he listened to her. Finally, he points to the map, indicating a symbol for the city of Quini.=- "That's the plan. Kill everyone, then take everything, then kill everyone else. Simple plan.. less change to screw it up." -=Kai offered as explanation. Standing up, he walks towards the bar.=- "Your armor is good, serviceable.. but that stick you're carrying. Worthless. Toss it onto the fire.. it's all it's good for. But this.." -=He says, leaning over the bar and rummaging around. After a moment, he retrieves a large, thin object bundled in thick furs. Turning he tosses the package to Shi before returning to his seat.=- ".. found them when I raided this place a while back. Planned to sell them. This is better. Use them well. And see Tan about your mask. No one rides without the colors." -=he says dismissively.=-

((Transferred +2 Mgt Spear, and set of Javelins to Redbird))
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:"You survived, means you've got what it takes." -=was all Kai said as Shi stormed up to him and glared. His expression remained flat and lifeless as he listened to her. Finally, he points to the map, indicating a symbol for the city of Quini.=- "That's the plan. Kill everyone, then take everything, then kill everyone else. Simple plan.. less change to screw it up." -=Kai offered as explanation. Standing up, he walks towards the bar.=- "Your armor is good, serviceable.. but that stick you're carrying. Worthless. Toss it onto the fire.. it's all it's good for. But this.." -=He says, leaning over the bar and rummaging around. After a moment, he retrieves a large, thin object bundled in thick furs. Turning he tosses the package to Shi before returning to his seat.=- ".. found them when I raided this place a while back. Planned to sell them. This is better. Use them well. And see Tan about your mask. No one rides without the colors." -=he says dismissively.=-

((Transferred +2 Mgt Spear, and set of Javelins to Redbird))
She looks over at the map and nods as she likes his plan..nice and simple. She just looked at him when he told her to get rid of her stick, but then got curious as he tosses a package at her. She drops the ratty stick in the fire and unwraps the bundled furs and pulls out a nice spear and some javelins. She gets a feral grin on her face and tosses the spear a bit getting used to it. Not even paying attention to Kai anymore, she goes to find Tan and get her mask.

((Received +2 Might Spear and set of Javelins from Xiao Gau))
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Tinybutterfly
New Recruit

Post by Tinybutterfly »

Xiao Gau wrote:
Tinybutterfly wrote: After much raiding, Zhu Liu returned to Kuailang exhausted but very pleased with herself. When Zhu Liu arrived, she saw rough looking men and women all over the place wearing red sashes. As she passed, they averted her eyes; they had a scared look about them. Good. She thought with a slight smile. As well they should. Zhu Liu walked with great confidence, head held high and back as straight as a board. When she arrived to the inn where Kai was, she marched right in just to find him with another man. Zhu Liu stopped and glanced at them, walked past Kai and stood against the back wall with her arms crossed, waiting.
Kai glances up as Liu enters the tavern. Expressionless as always in times outside battle, Kai slides quietly off the bar top. He walks to a large table in the center of the room, kicking severed heads aside as he walks. He pulls out a chair and sits, motioning for the other officers in the room to do the same.

As the others gather round, Kai finally speaks in his rough,dead voice.=-
"Shan, the woman is Liu... Qiang by birth, leader of the Masks by choice, much like yourself. She has ridden with us for months now, and fought well at Xuwu.

"Liu, this is Shan. He brought gifts from the former town of Xuwu" -=He says by way of introduction, pointing at the severed heads rolling on the floor.=- "Now, to business. Our forces grow, and our strength swells. But we will not manage to continue our fun without weapons and armor, without real equipment for our forces." -=He gestures and two masked soldiers emerge from the rear of the tavern, bearing a large chest between them. Setting the box down with a heavy thump, both nod and salute Kai with fists clenched over their hearts.

Kai stands and walks over to the chest, kicking the lip open with a smile. Inside are ropes and ropes of taels, grouped into bands of fifty. Gems and jewelry are piled haphazardly in with the coins. Kai turns back to his officers and gestures to the chest.=-
"My war chest. So far, few people have taken us seriously, but with this, this will change. Take what you have need of, and secure proper arms for your troops.

"We face our greatest challenge yet in the coming month." -=He returns to his seat, taking a moment to gaze at each of his cohorts with a chilling, measuring gaze.=- "We have other things to discuss as well, according to Diao... to increase our effectiveness."

-=The aged bandit captain nods and stands.=- "Each of us is capable in their own rights. But if we are going to move along in the shadow of the greater powers we're going to need to be careful, need to train our forces to move undetected."

Liu nodded to Shan, pushed off the wall and glanced in the chest, placing 266 gold in a small pouch. "Thanks Kai." Lin nodded to him. After she took what she needed she went back to her place on the wall. "So Kai, what's our plan? What are we going to do?"